General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

ok got my plate in

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lapchern is an unknown quantity at this point
Problem removing screws from rear license plate

got it in yay
Old 01-25-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point

<< ok earlier i had problem removing plate holder, but i got it out....now...
how do i install the front license plate? i looked in the manual, couldnt find anything for plate/license.
>>

It doesn't fit in the license plate holder... at least mine didn't. So I just put the plates on without them.
Old 01-25-2002
7thgens other Official Five O'

AZ2K1Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
I had to snap my rear plate into the AEM holder I have. I dont have a plate on the front but are the screws deep enough? Maybe you have to snap your plate into the holder too. I did have a problem with the threads because the ones in the front are plastic like the ones in the rear.
Old 01-25-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point

<< I had to snap my rear plate into the AEM holder I have. I dont have a plate on the front but are the screws deep enough? Maybe you have to snap your plate into the holder too. I did have a problem with the threads because the ones in the front are plastic like the ones in the rear. >>

! Dude! Put a plate in the front! (I dunno where you live but here, both plates are legal in Cali. You can get a ticket for not having a plate in the front... and no one wants to attract the 5-0.) The screws are deep enough BTW.
Old 01-25-2002
Registered!!

ok here's my problem....my front bumper, where the license plate is supposed to be, has this rectangular shape where the license plate is supposed to be. It's just a flat rectangular shape, no holes at all...i just called honda and they said that i have to take it to my dealership and have holes drilled [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-25-2002
Registered!!

0100010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Why don't you just get a couple suction cups, and mount it in your passenger side windsheild?

There is no way I'm drilling holes in my bumper to mount my front plate.
Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

mykel115 is an unknown quantity at this point

<<

<< I had to snap my rear plate into the AEM holder I have. I dont have a plate on the front but are the screws deep enough? Maybe you have to snap your plate into the holder too. I did have a problem with the threads because the ones in the front are plastic like the ones in the rear. >>

! Dude! Put a plate in the front! (I dunno where you live but here, both plates are legal in Cali. You can get a ticket for not having a plate in the front... and no one wants to attract the 5-0.) The screws are deep enough BTW.
>>

Do you think if I put my front plate on my dash most people here in cali do it I'll get a ticket? Coz I dont want to put any liscense plate on my front bumper and I still have the dealer sticker to trick the cops that I still dont have the plate but at the rear I already install the plate. They wouldn't know specially if they saw my front bumper only
Old 01-26-2002
Registered!!

i went to the dealership and the guy showed me these barely visible lil nipples(dents) that were located where the screws were supposed to be...all he did was ram some screws through them and made holes outta them [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]