General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Help me out here friends...preppin to race a '90 teg GS...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002
Ultimate OG Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TopFuel will become famous soon enough
Help me out here friends...preppin to race a '90 teg GS...

Alright my friend just got his 1990 Integra GS AUTO 4 Door. His engine is basically stock...130hp and 121lb-ft torque and its an old used car. All he has are spark plug wires. Tonight my other friend with also a 2001 Civic EX coupe auto (w/ total of 3 average sized people in the car, that number is with the driver included already) raced the friend with the '90 teg GS.
Our specs if you dont already have it memorized are 127hp and 114lb-ft torque and are much newer than the integra.
After about two races. Both cars brake-torqued with their autos and the teg on both races got ahead from the start, but it didnt pull away very fast and after about maybe 1/4 mile it was only up by 1 car length because i guess of its extra torque and the integra only had the driver in there.
So after my friend with the 2k1 lossed, i vowed to redeem our 2k1 pride and win . But the thing is i have the exact same set up as my friend's 2k1. The next race will be one on one, me and my 2k1 civic ex coupe stock vs. the '90 integra Gs w/spark plug wires. I'm not too sure i'll get a very good start since it is auto. I'm gonna brake-torque still but i was plannin on throwin in a couple extra things to help me out a bit. What can i do over night that will help me out a bit...i'm already working on some weight reduction, what else can i do? I think i have a better chance since i'll have minus the 2 extra people. Thanks for any help. Lates!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

ScottieEX is an unknown quantity at this point
take out the spare tire... and stereo system if u have one.. plus make sure u know how to brake torque right! theres not much else u can really do.. if ur friend had 3 ppl in the car and lost by that little u can probably win. i'm not sure tho. good luCk top!
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

Belle is an unknown quantity at this point
hit me up when you're gonna race him, i'd like to watch it and maybe have my go at it to see just what my intake does. i'm pretty sure it's just a sweet sound. by the way, you can install an intake overnight [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] hmm.. maybe do the DIY throttle cable adjust to get the go a slight bit quicker, and some stickers to add hp might not be a bad idea anyways, good luck with that race, just curious, where was it going to be?
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

CiViCsIkNeSs is an unknown quantity at this point
DUDE YOU ARE GOING TO WN ! DONT EVEN SWEAT IT ! FIRST YOU HAVE A COUPE AND YOUR GONNA RACE A SEDAN ! THATS A PLUS! THEN YOU DONT HAVE THA TWO EXTRA PEOPLE FOR DEAD WEIGHT LIKE YOUR HOMIE DID ! AND YOUR SPECS ARE ALMOST THA SAME AS HIS CAR ! YOU GOT THIS IN TH BAG ! UNLESS YOU SUCK AT RACING ! BUT I HAVE FAITH IN YA ! GOOD LUCK !
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

GTekCiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
damn you rollin stock......... here's sum tips......

1) take out stock intake box...... use stocking to cover the hole that is left, use a really tight and strong
rubber band to hold the stocking on the opened hole. Free flow the air into your stock intakes
2) Get sum "Eat my Dust sticker" 10 hp rah there.
3) Loose sum weight....... 27 lbs is good enoughh..... each 27 lbs. equals 1 hp. SO you calculate the math.

OK, with all this in hand you will be the victor.........
But try to race at a stop light...... it's the only fair way to race.....
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

Damian2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
i dont think you should have a problem....just dont take the 2 passengers. What was your buddy thinking? If i was racing i'd kick my own mother out for the extra weight savings... I'm lucky i'm a skinny f*ck...[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]

Btw, my sister has an 87 DOHC LS teg and i'm pretty sure i could take her with my car, though we've never raced. Her's sure as hell outhandles mine though...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-24-2002
Registered!!

GTekCiViC is an unknown quantity at this point
just be lucky it ain't a stick teg...... they haul ***
Old 01-25-2002
Registered!!

mykel115 is an unknown quantity at this point
Don't eat, don't drink any water for 24 hours that help you reduce weight.

Anyway well I know you can do it!!! your friend has two extra people in his car thats an added weight.
Old 01-25-2002
Registered!!

deathor is an unknown quantity at this point
okay, top, tell him you're from the cool club.
that will scare him off and make him too nervous to perform well on the track.
Old 01-25-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
You're gonna win. I like the idea about the spare tire.
Old 01-25-2002
Registered!!

normaspirated is an unknown quantity at this point
Well, you've got your numbers right. Although the numbers are similar, the Civic just doesn't feel strong enough. Case in point. Last night, my friend raced my cousin. Friend drove my beat up Integra with 177,XXX miles and my cousin drove my Civic. My cousin launched at 3500 while my friend launched at 2500. The Civic had the lead the first two gears because of the good launch. Afterwards, the Integra started to pull away in third gear slowly. I was riding in the Integra. Those second generation Integras have decent power. Some Si's I know have trouble "wasting" my Integra. I'm not saying Si's can't beat Integras, but they don't annihalate (sp) them.
Old 01-25-2002
Ultimate OG Member

alright guys.....today is the day. thanks for all the support! Lets see if i get a kill or get killed....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] ...i got a few things up my sleeve for the race
Old 01-25-2002
Registered!!

spoonf20c is an unknown quantity at this point
best watch out jeff... EG has stuff up his pant legs too..[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] just to make it fair im helping him sorta tune his car today, if you know what im mean[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]
Old 01-25-2002
Registered!!

jeff, where is this race and when? not sure, but i would bet EG has some stuff up his sleve that he's either not telling you about, or won't put on untill today. anyways, tell the guy i want a shot at him too.
Old 01-25-2002
Ultimate OG Member

damn you mike!!!!! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] you better not be making a cold air intake for him hahha. Yeah whats up belle....not sure where we're gonna do it at yet...i'm still in class right now so after i'mma go head over back home to tune my car here and there and prep it up for the race. we're gonna race at about 1:30pm cause i have some other ish i'm busy with later.
Old 01-25-2002
Registered!!

damn, i got work till 5. anyways, you have to let us know what happens. i still think you should do some of those simple weight reductions and stuff. but i'm telling you, the intake makes a sweet sound and when you put on the stickers you get mad power. it's not even a load of cash for it either. you could install it this afternoon before the race and have a little bit more power.

by the way, what class are you in where you get to do this, is it that internet class with mc garvey? if so, tell him noah behnke said hi
Old 01-25-2002
Ultimate OG Member

lOL nah...i'm teacher aide for mcgarvey right now hahahah..
Old 01-25-2002
Registered!!

oblivious9 is an unknown quantity at this point
I raced a 90 Integra LS stock and beat it. He came close, but I had 3 other ppl in my car.
Old 01-25-2002
Registered!!

hey jeff, what happened with the race? where was it and what all happened? i thought it was going to be around 1:30 or something.