General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

NEW 3rd gen Miata pics...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005
RESIDENT ROTOR HEAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of lightnookiemonster is a glorious beacon of light
NEW 3rd gen Miata pics...

Here's what the Miata is speculated to look like when it's revealed at the Geneva Auto Show this March. The latest images appear in Japan's BEST CAR magazine's January issue. I find the nose (especially the oval mouth) to be heavily reminiscent of the Ibuki concept car from 2003. The fender flares are definitely 8-ish, and the rear end recalls the first generation NA.

A nearly-full translation of the article can be found in m477's post here , on Miataforum.

Enjoy!

Last edited by nookiemonster; 01-16-2005 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-16-2005
Retired suspension supermod.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
180hp? NA or turbo? Is the chassis the same?

I agree that the miata styling has never been long standing. That is, it goes out of style really quickly. However, because of its popularity in the autox/road racing crowd Mazda really hasn't cared too much. Why fix it if it ain't broke. Nothing really outstanding about the car this year. Looks a little different but still a miata. I am just glad they didn't make it look like the Rx-8 as I had seen spy shots where it looks just like a mini Rx-8. Thumbs up overall.
Old 01-16-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Hey at least it has a different look instead of copying all the other cars.
Old 01-16-2005
Addicted To Boost

02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about
to tell you the truth, its the same car and has same looks as the old ones, and really, mazda has to change something if they want the new miatas to sell. Anyways i raced a 98 miata once, i'm not even going to elaborate on that (hint, it got owned).
Old 01-16-2005
Addicted To Boost

02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about02boostlessCIV has a spectacular aura about
GEARBOX, donate some rep points man. I'm poor.
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
flotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to beholdflotsamm is a splendid one to behold
The Miata's design follows the classic two seater open top roadster. I like the look of the new gen, not to over the top like the BMW.
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

solo_rider is an unknown quantity at this point
i just don't like mazdas styling when it comes to cars. for some reason when i look at the frontend it reminds me of a frog....thats my .02
Old 01-16-2005
Addicted To Boost

Originally Posted by solo_rider
i just don't like mazdas styling when it comes to cars. for some reason when i look at the frontend it reminds me of a frog....thats my .02
i agree, however when the new mazda6 came out i was like
Old 01-16-2005
Second Place is the First Loser

Hefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the roughHefe is a jewel in the rough
still kinda looks like a guppy.....

or off that exxon commercial with the talking cars...
Old 01-16-2005
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
I liked the Ibuki concept a lot better, but I guess you have to lose something in the translation from show car to production car. If it has a good lightweight engine or even a MS version on top of that 180hp, it'd be great.

I can see some subtle additions too, like a longer wheelbase, which is always good and of course, a lightweight car... Oh man, I wish I could afford it.
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

JP375 is an unknown quantity at this point
bland, boring, blah. If the miata wasn't such a fun car I would think it was designed by Hyundai.
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

HorrorSkopes is an unknown quantity at this point
looks the same.

I saw an integra type-r kill the turbo miata @ tsukuba, i was surprised.
Old 01-16-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
looks nice
Old 01-16-2005
Registered!!

wrussi is an unknown quantity at this point
hey awesome info man if it comes out like that that would be my next car i've really wanting a a miata but the insurance is too expensive for me
Old 01-17-2005