Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

If anyones bored enough

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ScottElwood is an unknown quantity at this point
If anyones bored enough

Ive contacted some people and the quote against interior neon lighting in my area is found here , Which at section 5/12-212 states that all other lighting unless specified by this code is prohibited, or something along the lines of that. If anyone can find a place where green neon inside the car would fall in the lines of another section, i would greatley appreciate it.
Old 08-09-2005
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
Where they may have you is:
(625 ILCS 5/12‑212) (from Ch. 95 1/2, par. 12‑212)
(c) Unless otherwise expressly authorized by this Code, all other lighting or combination of lighting on any vehicle shall be prohibited.
(Source: P.A. 86‑664.)

It is vague enough to be interpreted as unless there is a writen notification on your lights or your lights are stock from the factory, they are not allowed.

My reccomendation, don't make it a habit of driving around with them. I know here in Texas, they cannot do anything unless the actual source of lighting is visable. I couldn't find anything similar to that in the Illinois Vehicle Code, but that would be something that you may want to contact your local authorities concerning. I wouldn't focus too much on your DMV as most only know what is directly printed in your driver's handbook. (What was provided to look at). Talk to any form of law personnel. They'd more than likely be much more helpful regarding the situation.
Old 08-09-2005
Registered!!

ScottElwood is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks