Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Got Rolled Bad today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jeffsta17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Got Rolled Bad today!

So I was working and I was out on a run and I come to a stop next to some cops on bikes. They proceed to fly behind me once I start going (they were a few cars back at the light) and follow me. They flip the lights on and it all goes downhill. To make a long story short, it was a Jr. Officer being trained and they hit me for everything they could. The Sr. Officer bust's out his damn "Illegalness" book or some **** and goes through the whole damn thing and nails me for everything he can. All in all I only got a fix it ticket but it was for a lot of ****.

-My air ride? (BULLSHIT)
- green turn signals (saw it coming)
- Tinted Tails
- Exhaust
- Headers
- Intake? (AEM is illegal?)
- High Flow Cat.
- No Rear Reflector?
- Tint on front windows
- Sound system? (It was off?!?!?!?!)
Old 03-09-2005
OMNES AD UNUM

jttegx has a spectacular aura aboutjttegx has a spectacular aura about
i dont see how they can pop ur hood or trunk just because you have tinted tails and exhaust?

just an assumption though. but sounds like @sshole pigs to me.

sound system was off, tell them its for HIN and ur going for sound competition..

rear flector has to be able to be lit in certain amount of feet. im guessing ur tails were tinted so thats why

air ride can be illegal i think.

check out the customizing vehicle page at the dmv website. its also a sticky around here

edit: found it http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html
you can easily argue the sound system one, has it be heard.

Last edited by jttegx; 03-09-2005 at 01:28 AM.
Old 03-09-2005
Premium Member

Me and my buddy are going to argue most of the stuff, Thanks for the info Jittegx
Old 03-09-2005
Retired suspension supermod.

robbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to beholdrobbclark1 is a splendid one to behold
They can't bust you for having a sound system. Unless it is above the DB level then there is nothing illegal about possess stereo equipment. AEM is carb legal and how the hell did they know about your header and hi flow cat?
Old 03-09-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jttegx
i dont see how they can pop ur hood or trunk just because you have tinted tails and exhaust?
just an assumption though. but sounds like @sshole pigs to me.
sound system was off, tell them its for HIN and ur going for sound competition..
rear flector has to be able to be lit in certain amount of feet. im guessing ur tails were tinted so thats why
air ride can be illegal i think.
check out the customizing vehicle page at the dmv website. its also a sticky around here
edit: found it http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html
you can easily argue the sound system one, has it be heard.
Good info
Old 03-09-2005
Diamond Member

Boggie1688 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't they pop the hood if they expect that your running stuff? Thats what i thought cuz that gives them a reason to search. I see racers get pulled over all the time...I was at HIN and people were getting pulled over just for having exhaust systems.

As for your rear reflector your talking about the center mirror on your front window? In california you don't need to have one.

Rear tail lights can be tinted if they are visble when braking or when signaling turning from 1000feet away. or was it 500 feet?

Argue exhaust is under DB levels, Argue intake isand legal. Check the exhaust and intake manufactors site and go get proof from them about db testing and intake testing.

And you can argue sound system. California law states that you can only get a ticket for your sound system if you can hear it 500feet away from the car or something like that. If your sound wasn't on you can't get a ticket for it.

Its obvious this guy doesn't know crap...and make him pay hell. When u go to court bring lots of papers, go to the library make copy of the laws that apply to you, and proof from manufactors. State your case and show them everything....the cop will have it coming. Usually judges will shove it to the cops for wasting your time, their time, and for not knowing or comprehending the rules properly.
Old 03-09-2005
Premium Member

They popped my hood and opened my trunk. They also got under the car to inspect my entire exhuast set up. It was a really gay *** thing.
Old 03-09-2005