Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

street racing

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005
2k1civic.com O. G.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
a 16 year old girl got killed 2 mins from where i live cuz she was street racing. Its not even the racing that gets ppl killed. its the DUMB driving they do RACING AROUND from SPOT to SPOT. Her and some other riced going opposite directions decided to do a ricer fly by pass and use the middle lane. Head on collision at 90+ mph on a normal st.

sad.
Old 03-16-2005
Registered!!

simez2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
In your case I would Plead guilty to speeding, but would tell the judge you weren't racing. Say that you were in a rush to go to a friends house and you were speeding and coincidentally this guy pulled next to you and was speeding by you. I'm not lawyer or anything, but to be sentenced to a criminal charge don't you have to be proven guilty without reasonable doubt? Ask them how they can prove without reasonable doubt, that your intentions were to race and not just randomly speeding ? I really don't think they can prove what was going on in your head, therefore can't accuse you of racing.
Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

Mike04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Racing someplace you dont know to well isnt very smart in the first place. I only race if I know the area well, and if I know how well its patroled. Anyways,...as long as they did not see you "Start" your race, and just caught you in the middle, you might be able to say that you werent racing, just speeding, and some other person happened to be behind/beside you or whatever, tryin to get into it or whatever. Might not work, but its worth a shot i guess,....
~M~
Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

thejdog is an unknown quantity at this point
You're lucky you weren't in the Inland Empire in So. Cal. Some of California passed laws, that if you're caught street racing, instead of impounding it, and selling it at auction. They will DESTROY the car now. Some people said they were suppose to meet them to pick up the car, but instead they just got to see their car demolished.

Some people need to remember, driving isn't a right, it's a privilege. And you get caught doing stupid ****, you pay for it!
Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
Originally Posted by thejdog
You're lucky you weren't in the Inland Empire in So. Cal. Some of California passed laws, that if you're caught street racing, instead of impounding it, and selling it at auction. They will DESTROY the car now. Some people said they were suppose to meet them to pick up the car, but instead they just got to see their car demolished.

Some people need to remember, driving isn't a right, it's a privilege. And you get caught doing stupid ****, you pay for it!
Yea, really great! Now everybody will try to get away and create more of a safety problem than raceing!
Old 04-07-2005
Registered!!

thejdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by pon55
Yea, really great! Now everybody will try to get away and create more of a safety problem than raceing!
Yea I couldn't believe, it kinda pissed me off. So I guess I'll never go out racing, too risky. I don't wanna risk losing my car. Ofcourse it couldn't do much at the moment. haha
Old 04-07-2005