Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

smog legal?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005
im stock now! T.T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civic_RedLine will become famous soon enough
smog legal?

for anyone who had all the boltons with ca rb excempt number that is bull ok?

I suggest if ya'll think you will pass emmissions with e/i/h YOU WONT!

just because it has asticker saying its legal doesnt mean you gonna pass.

the best thing to do is pay 100-150 for an illegal smog check. thats what I did.

BUT DONT THINK YOU CAN PASS BECAUSE U GOT EO STICKER. MOST OF THE TIME YOU WONT PASS. MAYBE WITH INTAKE YEAH, EXHAUST NO!

they legal in our cars but d oesnt mean we gonna pass emmissions.

its marketing to lure people in that thinks about smog issues.
Old 01-23-2005
Registered!!

ty.barrack is an unknown quantity at this point
perhaps, but I guess we'll find out when we go to smog.
Old 01-23-2005
im stock now! T.T

uh, I suggest you dont.
I had 4-1 dc headers, aem v2, greddy full catback *legal exhaust*, ground wires, denso iridiums and aem pulleys. I even took off my megan racing *non legal* cat. I wasted 45 for not passing and had to pay my friend 100+ extra to fix the problem and put down that I have passed. Overall, I paid nearly 200 to get my smog check. I have now decided to fck the law and put non legal performance products in my car.
Old 01-24-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
why didn't you pass? ... did you fail the test or did you fail visual?

did you have the carb # for the dc header? .. on hand?

aem pullies may not be legal.

as far as the greddy exhaust goes, (to my knowledge), you can have any exhaust you want as long as it is under 95 dbA. you don't need a carb # ... because there AREN'T any on the carb website (www.arb.ca.gov)

I suggest you print out all the carb info and go in to have it smogged ... I'm sure you can report the smog station for not allowing your car to be smoggable, at http://smogcheck.ca.gov
Old 01-24-2005
I need TP for my bunghole

PunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud ofPunkingCivic has much to be proud of
In regards to smog
The headers, exhaust and the intake don't do ****
It all about the CAT

This is why you shouldn't get ride of the stock stuff
where I go in cali if you fail you get a one free retest and it is $50

Last edited by PunkingCivic; 01-24-2005 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-24-2005
Broken Road......

nitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to all
In the 10 years I have worked at the shop I am at, we have never failed a car for the exhaust system. There are no CARB requirements for that. As far as other parts, they must have a CARB sticker, or they will fail visual. Without seeing your inspection report, none of us can tell you our opinion. Sure, pay for an illegal smog. That's stupid on any shops part. That's how shops get into trouble. Is it worth a fat fine to your friend to make it pass??
Old 01-24-2005
im stock now! T.T

LOL if you fail then you have to fi x it man. Go put on some legal bolt-ons and lets see if you will pass. Im not talking about exhaust only Im talking about alll the little legal bolt-ons that supposidly carb legal. Is that why aem doesnt gaurantee everyone that he/she will pass emissions?
I took off the cat and still didnt pass. I was close to passing but still didnt pass. good luck to everyone and believe in whatever you want. But dont regret anything when you dont pass and you gotta pay another bill to fix it.
Old 01-24-2005
Broken Road......

nitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to allnitroal1973 is a name known to all
^^^^

I have seen modified cars pass with no problem. Everything from a tricked out Integra, Eclipse, Accords, Toyota, you name it. A lot of legally modified vehicles will run as clean as a factory car, as long as they are taken care of.
Old 01-24-2005
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
yup...

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=906684

legalizing a JDM B18C-R into a 96-00. if they can legalize a japanese motor, you can pass with i/h/e.
Old 01-24-2005
im stock now! T.T

oh well, not all cars are the same. anyways I didnt pass so I will never make that mistake again with aftermarket parts. im going to my friend for smog and paying him instead of paying double/triple for smog/
Old 10-11-2011
JdM †Johnny†

JDM-Johnny is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: smog legal?

help me out! wheres your bros shop i gotta turboed out del-sol tryina smog id be willing to pay em 150 for it maby 2
Old 10-12-2011
Registered!!

MatthaiN is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: smog legal?

^ Date Check.... this thread is like 6 years old....