Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

lawsuit question

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
lawsuit question

If you are a have no $ and are suied for a large amount can they get any $ from you???
Old 12-20-2004
Nothing works better than a Chris except a Honda.

CivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsRdBest is a glorious beacon of light
No, but they could probably get stuff you own...
Old 12-21-2004

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
depending on why you are sued it is possible to seize assets. now in some states there is whats called a "homestead act" meaning that your house can not be seized if you own it. also, if there is no money, it is also possible to garnish whatever income you may have until the debt is paid.
Old 12-23-2004
207 Mod is 10-8

kyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nice
they can garnish your wages from future income to pay off the settlement.
Old 12-23-2004
Won By One

teamPR0 is an unknown quantity at this point
haha. garnish. they dont garnish your wages. they straight jack you up!! and theres nothing you can do..
Old 12-23-2004
Banned

Carbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trustedCarbon Fiber should not be trusted
yeah so pay up...I took this guy to court because he didn't give me my car parts, he never showed, I won the settlement, and he went to prison b/c of drugs by a special phone call done by me..........so pay up!
Old 12-25-2004
Banned

bgoetz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Carbon Fiber
yeah so pay up...I took this guy to court because he didn't give me my car parts, he never showed, I won the settlement, and he went to prison b/c of drugs by a special phone call done by me..........so pay up!
so pay up what are you on???
Old 12-25-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

7gencivicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
they probably go to a collection agency and they force u to pay even if u have to pay by installments month by month, and if u dont then ur credit history will be ruin
Old 12-29-2004
Registered!!

ty.barrack is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah depending on the amount it may go to collections, if you can't pay don't worry about it, when you make more money you can pay it off, and request that they remove it from your credit reports. if it's large sums of money they will eventually get a wage garnishment on you, that's no joke. I had one of those a few years back. I had a car repoed about three months after I got it, got the garnishment about 10 years later, the original balance was $4,000. they took out about $7,000.00 from my paychecks over about 6 months, they took half after taxes of every paycheck.