Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Left Lane/Right Lane

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004
small cities make me poop my pants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Draven2 is a jewel in the roughDraven2 is a jewel in the roughDraven2 is a jewel in the rough
Left Lane/Right Lane

Now someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the right lane, by law, for those who want to go the speed limit and the left lane for those who are too skiddish to drive the speed limit?
Old 12-07-2004
Got the broccoli in my back pocket

2k3kansasEX is an unknown quantity at this point
the left lane is soupossed to be used only for passing. which is why it is the fast lane!
Old 12-07-2004

Draven2 is a jewel in the roughDraven2 is a jewel in the roughDraven2 is a jewel in the rough
right ,but, still not above the speed limit
Old 12-07-2004
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
Basically what they say if that if you feel like going 45 mph from New York to San Fransico, thats fine no ones gonna stop you, just do it in the right lane.

BTW if your in the fast lane and you match the speed of someone in the slow lane, you can be ticketed for creating a moving barricade.
Old 12-07-2004

Originally Posted by Got Boost???
Basically what they say if that if you feel like going 45 mph from New York to San Fransico, thats fine no ones gonna stop you, just do it in the right lane.

BTW if your in the fast lane and you match the speed of someone in the slow lane, you can be ticketed for creating a moving barricade.
Right, I understand, What i'm talking about is these a$$h()l3$ who drive up behind me when i'm doing about 60 in the left lane and they want to ride my a$$ because i'm not going fast enough for them. I'm already doing above the speed limit what more do they want. One of these days i'm going to follow one of them and beat the everloving **** out of the *****.
Old 12-07-2004
Registered!!

HondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of light
^it is people like you who cause road rage. who are you to dictate how fast someone else drives?!?!? STAY RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS when somebody wants to drive faster than you in the left lane and you don't move over, you cause many problems. 1. you will cause that person to tailgate. 2. if you don't move over, you force that person to pass you on the right...which is illegal. 3. you cause road rage. 4. you make the flow of traffic back up. what the f*ck is wrong with people like you?!?! just move over!

Last edited by HondaSales; 12-09-2004 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-08-2004

Exclamation

Originally Posted by HondaSales
^it is people like you who cause road rage. who are you to dictate how fast someone else drives?!?!? STAY RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS when somebody wants to drive faster than you in the left lane and you don't move over, you cause many problems. 1. you will cause that person to tailgate. 2. if you don't move over, you force that person to pass you on the left...which is illegal. 3. you cause road rage. 4. you make the flow of traffic back up. what the f*ck is wrong with people like you?!?! just move over!
You sound angry. Don't get me wrong I like flying down the road as much as the next guy but when i've got somebody riding my *** when i'm already doing 65-70 that pisses me off. That's the kind of **** that causes road rage. If 10-15 miles over the limit isn't fast enough for you then get the hell of the road.****.
Old 12-08-2004
Registered!!

ricergribbs is an unknown quantity at this point
i like to go 80, and i hate it when people like u who dont move over for 2 seconds just so i can pass. there are plenty of people who glance in their rear view mirror, see me coming up, move over, let me pass, then move back into the left lane. they dont lose anything and neither do i.

and i usually give them a thank you wave too.
Old 12-08-2004

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ricergribbs
i like to go 80, and i hate it when people like u who dont move over for 2 seconds just so i can pass. there are plenty of people who glance in their rear view mirror, see me coming up, move over, let me pass, then move back into the left lane. they dont lose anything and neither do i.

and i usually give them a thank you wave too.
Right, well you're a fu(k1ng moron, are you trying to kill someone. On the highway I can understand, but not on two lane roads, designated at 55. I hope you lose control and hit a god damn tree. Endangering others like that, FU(K YOURSELF!!
Old 12-08-2004
Registered!!

uhhh... i endanger others? i stay in my lane, i dont swerve between lanes, i dont do any of that. i go 80 in a straight line. and i didnt actually see that u posted a 2 lane road, but if its designated 55 i dont see a difference. all the highways here are designated 55 and i still go 80, so yes i prolly would go 80 on a 2 lane road designated 55 as long as there wasnt much traffic.
Old 12-08-2004

ok what i'm talking about are the two lane roads with two lanes going same direction ,median in the middle, two lanes going opposite direction. On the open highways designated at 65 and sometimes higher I fly too but not these two lane roads 55 and lower. That's idiotic and whether or not you're swerving you're endangering people. There's a reason those limits are there.
Old 12-08-2004
People Eating Tasty Animals PETA
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Gangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to all
I love it... I knew this would turn into a fight... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
HA HA HA ... and yes the lane on the left is the passing lane. Not the "fast lane" It is only for passing someone who is going 10 miles under the speed limit. At least that is what Texas law is. Like it even matters because we all drive crazy and fast. oh oh I seen a green corvette this morning on a 4 lane freeway and guess where he was... in the passing lane going 65 like an ***. holding up traffic!!! we have to shoot around him and why... it isn't necessary to be in the passing lane so MOVE OVER! idiots
Old 12-08-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Draven2
ok what i'm talking about are the two lane roads with two lanes going same direction ,median in the middle, two lanes going opposite direction. On the open highways designated at 65 and sometimes higher I fly too but not these two lane roads 55 and lower. That's idiotic and whether or not you're swerving you're endangering people. There's a reason those limits are there.
hold on, are u talking 2 lanes going on direction, or just a two lane road going two ways? cause if its that then id prolly still go fast but i prolly wouldnt be passing anyone.
Old 12-08-2004

Gangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to allGangsta Dave is a name known to all
Fight Fight Fight!!! =)
Old 12-08-2004

Originally Posted by n.houstonpimp
I love it... I knew this would turn into a fight... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT
HA HA HA ... and yes the lane on the left is the passing lane. Not the "fast lane" It is only for passing someone who is going 10 miles under the speed limit. At least that is what Texas law is. Like it even matters because we all drive crazy and fast. oh oh I seen a green corvette this morning on a 4 lane freeway and guess where he was... in the passing lane going 65 like an ***. holding up traffic!!! we have to shoot around him and why... it isn't necessary to be in the passing lane so MOVE OVER! idiots
unfortunately in my area it is necessary to be in the passing lane in my area because anybody that drives in the right lane is at or under the limit.
Old 12-08-2004

understandable... Where I lived it was only 2 lanes on the freeway and it opened up to 5... it is like no matter where you are in this city people tend to drive in all lanes slow. That is where all the crazies come out bobbin and weeving through traffic. I just wish peeps would go the speed limit and be in the correct lane so the crazies can stay in the passing lane can stay instead of putting everyone else at risk. I like driving around at like 2 in the morning during the week... no one is out. so much safer
Old 12-08-2004

Exclamation

Now someone correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the right lane, by law, for those who want to go the speed limit and the left lane for those who are too skiddish to drive the speed limit?
I realized that I got the lanes mixed up when I started this post!!!! All of that arguing for nothing.
Old 12-08-2004
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
Two lane roads aside, left lane is for passing. I get pissed off at people like you who don't move over, but I won't tailgate (anymore, that is...). Just get out of my way, let me pass, you can come back into the lane, I give you a "thank you" wave, and we both go on our merry way.

Unfortunately, SUVs take up all lanes going all directions at all times of the day.
Old 12-08-2004
Registered!!

oolittlecowoo is an unknown quantity at this point
hahahaha... im goin to tail gate ur ***
Old 12-08-2004
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
^ quiet, you.
Old 12-09-2004
Registered!!

HondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of lightHondaSales is a glorious beacon of light
You sound angry. Don't get me wrong I like flying down the road as much as the next guy but when i've got somebody riding my *** when i'm already doing 65-70 that pisses me off. That's the kind of **** that causes road rage. If 10-15 miles over the limit isn't fast enough for you then get the hell of the road.****.
there you go, trying to regulate how fast others drive! are you a police officer? no? get the f*ck in the right lane then!
Old 12-09-2004

Fight fight fight!!
Old 12-09-2004
Bone Stock!

dalaw is an unknown quantity at this point
as soon as someone is riding your *** and you are not passing other cars that were in the other lanes, or you cannot keep up with the car in front of you in the fast lane, move over so that someone wants to go fast can pass. He will appreciate your cooperation.
Old 12-09-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by n.houstonpimp
Fight fight fight!!
hahahaha
Old 12-09-2004
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Right, I understand, What i'm talking about is these a$$h()l3$ who drive up behind me when i'm doing about 60 in the left lane and they want to ride my a$$ because i'm not going fast enough for them. I'm already doing above the speed limit what more do they want. One of these days i'm going to follow one of them and beat the everloving **** out of the *****.
I have when somebody gets on my tail like that, and I figure they want to go faster thanIm going, so i almost always get to the lane to the right of me. and almost everytime, they dont speed up at all. I freakin hate those people. Why the hell ride my *** if I am going as fast as you want to already?? If y ou want me to speed in front of you, so I get the ticket, dont think about it, I will let you get a ticket before me. Those people get on my freakin nerves so bad!

Last edited by 2K1Civic17"Gabe; 12-09-2004 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-09-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
left lane= get the hell outta my way
right lane= is it time for our sunday drive?

Injen
Old 12-09-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by injencivic
left lane= get the hell outta my way
right lane= is it time for our sunday drive?

Injen
^ nuff said
Old 12-10-2004

Exclamation

Originally Posted by HondaSales
there you go, trying to regulate how fast others drive! are you a police officer? no? get the f*ck in the right lane then!
You're right i'm not an officer, but the simple fact of the matter is I'm sick of reading the paper and hearing about idiots like you causing accidents and killing people because you don't know how to control your led foot. There were 17 count em' 17 deaths in my area, all of them were caused by excessive speed and they were all between 16 and 21. OH YEAH NOT TO MENTION A THREE YEAR OLD GIRL!!!! So the next time you want to endanger someone else think about that three year old girl being your daughter and tell me how that **** feels.
Old 12-10-2004

Yeah most deaths from car accidents are due to speeding. I do agree with that... it is a fact.
Old 12-10-2004
Pretty friggin old-school member

silver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of lightsilver_surfer is a glorious beacon of light
in oklahoma we have these nifty signs that say "slower traffic stay to the right" hey assbag, if you are slower than the person behind you.... move to the right

Quick Reply: Left Lane/Right Lane