Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

{four letter expletive}

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004
lkm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trusted
Arrow {four letter expletive}

beginning of the month and i forgot cops are out. anyways, on my way to work being late and all, i got hit with a lidar at 83 in a 65. 17mph over = 179 ticket. kinda sucks but atleast i didn't get pull over for 11 over which is $162.

so advice me people,

should i
a) try to fight it since pleading with the cop that im late for work didn't help. and i got a court date on the ticket for jan 15 1pm{which is **** cuz i have to work that day all day}
b) deferred adjudiction, pay face value and no ticket in county for 180 days & 10 hour community service. unthinkable
c)defensive driving. 95 court cost 10 records + plus class. <- my fav

i was speeding but i don't wanna face the judge. he's gonna ask me, were u speeding, i say yes. then
Old 12-05-2004
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
Id do the C, cause i don't think the insurance company ever hears about it that way. So you don't get charged out the *** in preminums
Old 12-05-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
defensive driving, because they might be able to get it off your record for future references like car insurance. You dont want a speeding ticket on your insurance

Injen
Old 12-05-2004
207 Mod is 10-8

kyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nicekyle4583 is just really nice
pay it, slow down, and fyi cops are out all month long, not just the beginning and end...
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

-Vile- is an unknown quantity at this point
Option C...

Only time you won't see a cop on the road is like 4 am around where I live..Must be happy hour at dunken donuts or something. (Not b/c they're cops, but b/c its the only damn place open and serving food at 4 am!)
Old 12-06-2004
lkm

lkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trustedlkm should not be trusted
yeah

i might do option C. i looked online on how to beat tickets, and i damn near admitted guilt when i was trying to get off the ticket. i told him i knew i was speeding but only to get to *work* on time.
big mistake.
first, admition of guilt,
two, proof that i am working. when i got pulled over and said i am a student, which i am, they assume i have no money and give me a warning.
three, its better to be a little late than to receive 179 ticket
four, if he hadn't stopped me i would made it on time at speed limit