Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Jayz song

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xamracer is an unknown quantity at this point
Jayz song

In 99 problems theres that part in the song were jayz says the cop needs a warrant to search his glove compartment and trunk cuz its locked, does anybody know if thats true?
Old 06-28-2004
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
i'd say it depends on the state.
Old 06-29-2004
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
if he has probable cause he can search where he wants too.
Old 07-01-2004
Registered!!

Tuning 101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Warrants are not needed for cars because they are mobile objects. He does still have to abide by the search and seizures laws though.
Old 07-01-2004
Diamond Member

Free2Rhyme26 is an unknown quantity at this point
i've heard that an officer can look at anything that's in plain sight. thru windows, etc. just not under the seats or ask u to open anything. of course i've also heard that a car is not technically a piece of property, therefore it can be thoroughly searched top to bottom inside and out, with out a warrant.
Old 07-04-2004
Registered!!

vtecdavis has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by xamracer
In 99 problems theres that part in the song were jayz says the cop needs a warrant to search his glove compartment and trunk cuz its locked, does anybody know if thats true?

he also said he got pulled over for doing 55 in a 54
Old 07-04-2004
Diamond Member

license, registration, plz step out the car. are you caryin a weapon on you?....i know a lot of you are.

jay-z is a musical and lyrical genius
Old 07-04-2004
Registered!!

nrrhgreg is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, have any of you heard of the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights? The 4th Amendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

So no, they cannot search your car without a warrant. If you let them that's one thing, but they cannot force you to let them search it.
Old 07-05-2004
Registered!!

VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
Ya it is true. They do need a warrant to search your car. If you get pulled over and they ask you if they can search your car you can say no. But the thing is then for sure they will give you some BS ticket so I would just let them search my car.
Old 07-05-2004
Diamond Member

drugs are bad.
Old 07-05-2004
JX6
Redline Adrenaline VP

JX6 has a spectacular aura aboutJX6 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Free2Rhyme26
license, registration, plz step out the car. are you caryin a weapon on you?....i know a lot of you are.

jay-z is a musical and lyrical genius
HELL YEAH!
Old 07-05-2004
Diamond Member

i's just too bad that there won't be anymore albums. ya neva know tho. maybe we can start a petition to get jay to give us one more album. that'd be nice.....
Old 07-05-2004
JX6
Redline Adrenaline VP

I didn't have drugs when I got pulled over, but I did offer to let the cop search my car.He said it was ok and he didn't need to.Just don't act suspicious and stay calm and you'll get out.
Old 07-05-2004
Diamond Member

Originally Posted by JX6
Just don't act suspicious and stay calm and you'll get out.
word
Old 07-05-2004
JX6
Redline Adrenaline VP

Originally Posted by vtecdavis
he also said he got pulled over for doing 55 in a 54

ok...let me explain the whole damn song.
When he gets pulled over..he is a victim of something
called Racial Profiling.

The cop bullshits J for something very minor...because he's black.(hince the 55 in a 54)

Damn cuz, my dog knew that.

Last edited by JX6; 07-05-2004 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-05-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Prod
They are NOT allowed to search your glove box, or your trunk, IF, and i repeat IF it is locked.

If either of them are unlocked they can search whatever they want.

They cannot even look through the window with a flashlight, That's illegal.

If you decline to let them search your car they have the right to detain (NOT ARREST) you until they can attain a search warrent.

Chris is right. If you have a briefcase in ur car, leagally they cannot look through it if is locked.

The cops do not and i repeat, do not need a warrant to search your car. Your car is mobile and they are allowed to search it. Now, if they arrest you, then they cannot search your vehicle without a warrant b/c the car isn't going anywhere.
Old 07-05-2004
Diamond Member

Originally Posted by JX6
Damn cuz, my dog knew that.
i think we all did
Old 07-30-2004
Registered!!

JDMsicvic is an unknown quantity at this point
if a cop pulls you over and u declien the search...that right there is probable cause for the officcer to searcdh the car and to obtain a search warrant...
Old 07-31-2004
I Am The Funky Monkey!!!

BausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the roughBausHaug is a jewel in the rough
Cops can be an *** at times.
Last year I was pulled over for going UNDER the speed limit (My girl and I were driving back from Pismo and I was tired.) When the cop came up to me, he asked me why I was going so slow and why I was swerving (I wasn't swerving). I told him the officer I was comming back from Pismo and I was just cruising, not minding my speed. He went off how he thought he smelt alcohol on me and my girl and asked me to step out, wich I did. I asked for a breathalyzer, wich the cop said no. He asked if he could search my car and I told him no. After he asked me to perform a sobriety test, I said I'd only perform them if he'd demonstrate them first. After I mentioned that, he walked to his car and got a breathalyzer and I blew .00 and he let me go. Cops can be Tards sometimes.
Old 07-31-2004
Registered!!

JayFReaZy will become famous soon enough
Listen to the song maaaiinngg!!!, lol. Cops cant search your glovebox, trunk or basically whatevers locked without a warrant.

"I aint passed the bar, but I know a lil bit, enough that you wont illegally search my ****"

BUTTTTT!!!! if you pay attention and listen a lil more to the song

"Well we'll see how smart you are when the K-9's come"

If the dog smells something, and is giving signs that theres something in the glovebox or trunk, you must open it even if they dont have the warrant. But thats IF and ONLY IF the K-9 is brought in and is scratching away at the trunk and or glovebox giving signs that theres something inside. Its "probable cause" I think or something like that. Obviously the dog wont lie and pretend to smell something thats not there. So, just cause they dont have a warrant doesnt mean theres ways to get around that and still search your ****.
Old 07-31-2004
Diamond Member

Originally Posted by JayFReaZy
Listen to the song maaaiinngg!!!, lol. Cops cant search your glovebox, trunk or basically whatevers locked without a warrant.

"I aint passed the bar, but I know a lil bit, enough that you wont illegally search my ****"

BUTTTTT!!!! if you pay attention and listen a lil more to the song

"Well we'll see how smart you are when the K-9's come"

If the dog smells something, and is giving signs that theres something in the glovebox or trunk, you must open it even if they dont have the warrant. But thats IF and ONLY IF the K-9 is brought in and is scratching away at the trunk and or glovebox giving signs that theres something inside. Its "probable cause" I think or something like that. Obviously the dog wont lie and pretend to smell something thats not there. So, just cause they dont have a warrant doesnt mean theres ways to get around that and still search your ****.
well that pretty much settles that
Old 07-31-2004
Im the man in the box

Ledbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud of
in louisiana you can refuse they cant search your car without your permission or a warrant , the most they can do is have a dog walk around the outside

I had my civic one day and got pulled over for being stoped on the side of the road.i was wearing a t-shirt that had a big pot leaf on it.. he asked if he can search my car i said no. he went back to his car came back and did a sobriety test i passed all he could do is tell me to leave my lights on when pulled over to the side of the road

fvckin pig

Last edited by ledbelly; 07-31-2004 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-01-2004
Diamond Member

Originally Posted by Ledbelly
in louisiana you can refuse they cant search your car without your permission or a warrant , the most they can do is have a dog walk around the outside

I had my civic one day and got pulled over for being stoped on the side of the road.i was wearing a t-shirt that had a big pot leaf on it.. he asked if he can search my car i said no. he went back to his car came back and did a sobriety test i passed all he could do is tell me to leave my lights on when pulled over to the side of the road

fvckin pig
that sounds like sumpthin the cops would do. they need lives.
Old 08-01-2004
Im the man in the box

Ledbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud ofLedbelly has much to be proud of
^^^^ it sux bad cuz between the local police and state troopers catchin everyon the sherrifs dept has nothing to do ... and in my town the cops are rediculous if you start at the end of main st. and go to the end wich is about 1.5miles long you will see atleast 3 cops +
Old 08-01-2004
Diamond Member

about 1.5miles long you will see atleast 3 cops +
that's gay. there's usually a lot of cops by my house anytime after 10 pm. every night. it's gay cuz that's like the prime goin to the party hour. grrrr
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

JayFReaZy will become famous soon enough
^^^^ it sux bad cuz between the local police and state troopers catchin everyon the sherrifs dept has nothing to do ... and in my town the cops are rediculous if you start at the end of main st. and go to the end wich is about 1.5miles long you will see atleast 3 cops +
lol, u think thats a lot? Come around where I chill at, there are 2 cops on every corner! No joke, within 5 blocks, 20 cops, and you got patty wagons, and squad cars EVERYWHERE. Its feels like an outdoor prison sometimes, lol. But hey, crime has gone down A LOT, so I really cant complain.
Old 08-01-2004
Registered!!

civic2uner is on a distinguished road
.i was wearing a t-shirt that had a big pot leaf on it
Old 08-08-2004
ThE FaMiLy SeDaN

rijowysock will become famous soon enough
they can search under new terrorist law bullish..

but they cant make u raise ur windows..lol thatsd good for me, i dont do drugs etc.

anywhp i hate cops.. i got pulled over and detained etc. theu searched and etc breathalyzer/sobriety test, measured my car height.. checked CARB ****.. and everything... 4 hours.. and then they tried to get me for "modifying
" my car w/o being a liscense automotive engineer... i told them other people did the stuff and they lemme go. WTF

riley
Old 08-08-2004
Jam out with your clam out.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
your screwed either way. if they ask to search and dont have a warrent yet and you say "no" they will then have probaly cause to think you are hiding something and get a warrent to search the car. so no matter what you say, there is nothing you can really do.
Old 08-09-2004
JX6
Redline Adrenaline VP

Originally Posted by rijowysock
they can search under new terrorist law bullish..

but they cant make u raise ur windows..lol thatsd good for me, i dont do drugs etc.

anywhp i hate cops.. i got pulled over and detained etc. theu searched and etc breathalyzer/sobriety test, measured my car height.. checked CARB ****.. and everything... 4 hours.. and then they tried to get me for "modifying
" my car w/o being a liscense automotive engineer... i told them other people did the stuff and they lemme go. WTF

riley

Damn..Carb Check

Quick Reply: Jayz song