Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

my car is out of commision thanks to the cops!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2003
BAD MON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Booohahaha is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down my car is out of commision thanks to the cops!!!

well, guess what? my car is an unsafe motor vehicle as of today 9:05 am this morning
as this story goes i was on my way to school and i was jumping from progress onto mccowan and 401 and its a uphill road and i saw the way was clear and i made a slowly rolling and speed up and totally missed the stop sign. I GOT booked for that.. fine.. my bad. ill take that
BUT,

the most F**ked thing that happened after was totally wrong. as some of u have seen my ride its not a slammed or any where near tucked ... im running tein SS coilovers and the front has a 2.5 finger gap and my rear has 3.5 finger gap..
thats a huge gap if u ask me. anyway. after he takes my information he goes ahead and pushes my front driver side shock and it just goes down and up ... no bouncy ness cuz im running on mid setting of 8 out 16 on the coils. anyway ... all of a sudden he says my car is unsafe on the road. and goes ahead tells me this that if i hit a bump my car will jump around and if i crashed into someone i would kill and crash and cause one armageddon of a accident... *yeah ok* lease:
after all that he proceeds to take off my plates.. im still not believing he is actually fawking pulling my plates off my ride. im like wtf? are u for real... i argue with him and i turn my wheels all the way left and right and open my hood and .. as soon as my wheels are 45 degress.. cuz u cant turn any more he tells me im rubbing on the inside of the wheel wells?? wtf? .. i dont feel any thing ... well.. after that i got a summons for unsafe motor vehicle and failing to stop .
well this is my question.. will it affect my insurance if i re did my safety on the car to get it back on the road? and wtf is a summon's??? is that bad or good?.. personally i was totally being courtious to the copper the whole time... i got dissed too....but thats nothing.

if that re safety doesnt work.. how do i make my car safe to be on the road. ... personally tein SS is for the street. thats why they are called super street and does the cop have a right for doing that? plz i really need some help.... i never knew i can be jooked like this. thank you for ur time.
Old 09-29-2003
i want a baby hummer :)

babychai is an unknown quantity at this point
yikes...sorry to hear that...
i can't believe they made you turn the wheel...
you should ask him to perform the same checks on his own car!!

hope you can fight this!
Old 09-29-2003
Registered!!

iamfob is an unknown quantity at this point
yo i read it on clubSi
sorry to hear that
cops suck ***
was it old cop or young cop?
Old 09-29-2003
Registered!!

1llmatic will become famous soon enough
man you got pwned bigtime....
you can win it in court...the cop's view is totally subjective...my advise would be to hire a ticket fighter...a summons isn't a good thing...it means u have to go to court etc...u get a summons for serioius tickets like street racing and DUI.

but if your car passed the critical test as you say then it should be ok...but i wouldn't chance it...talk to a ticket fighter 1st....
Old 09-29-2003
Registered!!

BlueTroll is an unknown quantity at this point
summons is a date wid the court.... **** yo.... that cop is such a tight ***.... ur car isn't even that low... i bet the cop was having a shitty *** day.... sorry he took it out on u man.....

i think u can prolly goto court and tell them that you installed aftermarket suspension b/c it helps your handling.... thatz sooo retarded.... how can having a stiff suspension be bad???.... ****in pig!!!..... look at a corvette.... or M3.... those suckers r sooo low..... and have such stiff shocks..... man u got shafted big time....

Last edited by BlueTroll; 09-29-2003 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-29-2003
Registered!!

MSoft is an unknown quantity at this point
You should probably talk to a traffic paralegal
Old 09-29-2003
BAD MON

i did.. they said its 500 bucks from x-copper .. so im gonna shell out 1000 bucks to fight this BS ticket.
at any rate, the only good thing is that after i safety my vehicle and emission it, i can get new plates which is bloody fine. and im gonna jack my front up about 1 more inch.. and take off my mugen lip so it takes the view of it being SLAMMED away. .... the cop was a total a$$. plus, it was a old guy. i hope he gets HIS.... i totally have loss respect for cops today. i was thinking of only getting a ticket on running a stop sign.
well, if i hire a agent, do i still have to show in court?... i read the fine is from 400 bucks to 20,000 bucks for operating a unsafe motor vehicle.... if i jack it up wouldnt i be acknowledging that i am in fact guilty of the offence?
Old 09-29-2003
Registered!!

macrossranma is an unknown quantity at this point
2.5 finger gap front 3.5 rear is low?what kinda bs hes pissing, like other said, look at the m3, vette, they all hve less gap than yours, sorry to hear that
Old 09-29-2003
Registered!!

FurBall is an unknown quantity at this point
Since it's such a serious offence, you may have to show up in court. The X-Copper guys'll tell you want you need to do.....

DAMN... You got 0WN3D

So, he tooks both your front and back plates, then what?! WTF then with your car? He just left you there? Did you have to call a tow truck to tow your car? Where is your car now?!

Originally posted by Booohahaha
i did.. they said its 500 bucks from x-copper .. so im gonna shell out 1000 bucks to fight this BS ticket.
at any rate, the only good thing is that after i safety my vehicle and emission it, i can get new plates which is bloody fine. and im gonna jack my front up about 1 more inch.. and take off my mugen lip so it takes the view of it being SLAMMED away. .... the cop was a total a$$. plus, it was a old guy. i hope he gets HIS.... i totally have loss respect for cops today. i was thinking of only getting a ticket on running a stop sign.
well, if i hire a agent, do i still have to show in court?... i read the fine is from 400 bucks to 20,000 bucks for operating a unsafe motor vehicle.... if i jack it up wouldnt i be acknowledging that i am in fact guilty of the offence?
Old 09-29-2003
BAD MON

heh.. well my car is at the shop right now. cuz we didnt have a yellow plate to move the car across the plaza for emission's, i had to leave my car there for the night cuz in order to get new plates i have to do emission's test.
its still there. hopefully it still be intact tomorrow when i pick it up
well, i dun mind i will show up... anyway.. hopefully it will something that i can actually afford.... man this seriously making me just say F@ck it and save up and wait till i have enough saved up for a G35.
i will keep u guys posted as events come about.
Old 09-29-2003
Registered!!

vistec is an unknown quantity at this point
thats f-ucking crazy!!!!
Old 09-29-2003
Registered!!

AznSaint is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Booohahaha
heh.. well my car is at the shop right now. cuz we didnt have a yellow plate to move the car across the plaza for emission's, i had to leave my car there for the night cuz in order to get new plates i have to do emission's test.
its still there. hopefully it still be intact tomorrow when i pick it up
well, i dun mind i will show up... anyway.. hopefully it will something that i can actually afford.... man this seriously making me just say F@ck it and save up and wait till i have enough saved up for a G35.
i will keep u guys posted as events come about.

sorry to hear about it man.. ****ing cops.. **** off sometimes... you just want to spit in their face.
especially the old fat ones.

.. as for the g35.. woot woot. haha..
Old 09-29-2003
Registered!!

O1Coupe is an unknown quantity at this point
try C.O.P.S. they only charge $200... and they dont charge unless they win.

If your coil overs are street legal.. and I am thinking they are.. I dont see why you cant win. Better yet, try calling around different Acura/Honda dealerships, and see if they sell the Tein SS... and also try contacting Tein SS, and get some legal information from them.
Old 09-29-2003
Registered!!

ya..i dont see why you have to spend from 5bills to a G....
Old 09-30-2003
BAD MON

Originally posted by O1Coupe
try C.O.P.S. they only charge $200... and they dont charge unless they win.

If your coil overs are street legal.. and I am thinking they are.. I dont see why you cant win. Better yet, try calling around different Acura/Honda dealerships, and see if they sell the Tein SS... and also try contacting Tein SS, and get some legal information from them.
i already emailed them. i just hope they can help me out.
man.. i feel like shiET.. i cant study or eat properly.. i hate this feeling

well... xcopper charge about 300 per regular ticket and 500 for summons since i have 2 summon's i have to pay 1 G for em. ... i want to get off the rap ...
well... ill be going to grab my car now and hopefully all this BS is dealed with
Old 09-30-2003
Registered!!

EBP2K2 is an unknown quantity at this point
you car isnt that low........ wtf.....
Old 09-30-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Narc is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey brother...I PM'd you. I dont have all the info infront of me to help, but I will get back to you ASAP with legal info.

I will say this, sounds like you WILL beat this charge. Maybe not the stop sign, but deffly the unsafe.

Please dont let the whole thing ruin any respect you had for us....I understand your upset ( I would be too).

Hate the game, not the player.
Old 09-30-2003
Registered!!

EL-Sport is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear about this. The sad thing is you will probably beat the unsafe charge in court, but they still won't reimburse you for you new plates, registration, tow, etc.

In any case, best of luck to you.
Old 09-30-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by Narc
Hey brother...I PM'd you. I dont have all the info infront of me to help, but I will get back to you ASAP with legal info.

I will say this, sounds like you WILL beat this charge. Maybe not the stop sign, but deffly the unsafe.

Please dont let the whole thing ruin any respect you had for us....I understand your upset ( I would be too).

Hate the game, not the player.

...cops are good in one sense... but some of them... just really have nothing else to do. especially the big fat ones... i honestly dont even know how they became a cop in the first place...... i had one pull me over. **** off.... said my lights were a different colour, when they werent.... and ended up giving me tickets for not having my license and registrations... it wsa in the middle of the night and i wsa driving my ex. home..... sometimes......i just want to scream at them LOL

my neighbour's becoming a cop... proud of her for doing so... though she has to take the test again in january or so..
Old 09-30-2003
Registered!!

Sunapollo is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear that booohahaha...

Keep us updated with good news !
Old 09-30-2003
BAD MON

thanks guys i just took some pics of the car to show u.
well, im gonna go with a agent to fight it cuz i just dont want to lose 3 points for that silly mistake of mine. which i think i deserve but i will have to fight it or my parents will make me pay for insurance.
narc, i am a bit upset but not at the entire force. i feel that if i did something wrong i should be booked for that offence and not get raped for something else...
thanks everyone for ur support. i just got my ride out of the shop and it was safetie'd and i passed emission's with flying color's...
wooo..
Old 09-30-2003
BAD MON

i guess here is pic one!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pic2.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	10814  

Last edited by Booohahaha; 09-30-2003 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-30-2003
BAD MON

pic 2 of da rear

Name:	pic2.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	10815  
Old 09-30-2003
BAD MON

full frontal pic of my car..... i think it was the lip that made the cop think my car was slammed but its really not..

Name:	pic3.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	10816  
Old 09-30-2003
BAD MON

pic 4.. passenger side front wheel... man .. its more clearer there!~!!!!

Name:	pic4.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	10817  
Old 09-30-2003
BAD MON

last pic for now...
wheels turned all the way... let me know if u guys see if my wheels and tires were rubbing cuz i really dont.. he said they were rubbing inside.. but i didnt hear nor see any wheel rubbing!!!
Old 09-30-2003
JDM wannabe

nme3 is an unknown quantity at this point
damn sorry to hear about your misfortunes, judging by those pics that hardly looks slammed at all. I guess the police officer just had a bad day, or maybe he wanted to teach you a lesson and to get his point accross probably booked you on everything he could find. In either case i hope everything works out for you, and remember the 7thgen members are always here to help
Old 09-30-2003
Registered!!

MSoft is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn, my car is lower on my Sportline... Must be bad luck for you that day... Or maybe it's the Tein's? :P
Old 09-30-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by nme3
damn sorry to hear about your misfortunes, judging by those pics that hardly looks slammed at all. I guess the police officer just had a bad day, or maybe he wanted to teach you a lesson and to get his point accross probably booked you on everything he could find. In either case i hope everything works out for you, and remember the 7thgen members are always here to help

hehe.. he couldnt find anything.. the **** just decided to book him on what he can think of at the moment.

as for boohaha... you painted those sir rims eh... haha
i remember your ride being SLAMMED b4 those tein's.
Old 09-30-2003
BAD MON

haha.. very funny azn saint.. i gave up the h&r sports for ride comfort. the tein's give that in a very excellent way.. its on lax settting.
well... the cop booked me for my suspension being tooo stiff and i cant find anything in the HTA saying my car cannot be too stiff.....