Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

license plate ticket

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003
Jspek Inspired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aznstylez254 is an unknown quantity at this point
license plate ticket

can a cop give you a ticket for your license plate frame partially covering up the state name.
I mean even though i got a ticket for $200 because that black frame you get from the dealer covered up half of texas on my plates i was just wondering is that legal?
Old 09-25-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
yes he can. your license plate is supposed to be able to be seen from 50ft away in most locations of the country. as far as the dealer is concerned, you have to remove that plate to get your new license plate on i presume, so if the dealer didnt put the plate on then you just need to see if the judge can lower the fines or even dismiss it.

Injen
Old 09-25-2003
Jspek Inspired

aznstylez254 is an unknown quantity at this point
i mean my license plate can be seen.. its just that the top portion where the state name is is partially halfway covered up.. but ima take your advice
Old 09-30-2003
Registered!!

Daniel420 is an unknown quantity at this point
For those of us in Texas... here is an recient news article.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/909...al_plates.html

My dealership bracket covered the top of the Texas so I removed it. That sucks cause now it's ugly w/o a bracket there and the bass from my trunk makes the plate rattle now too.

Quick Reply: license plate ticket