Legal Questions and the Law Post your questions about the law, or speeding tickets or any legal issues here.
Disclaimer: Civicforums.com and it's moderators are not lawyers or police officers and can in no way be held responsible for any advice or action

Exhaust System Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CiViCLiZeD714 is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Exhaust System Ticket

I have an a'pexi universal muffler with custom piping on my 02 civic lx coupe...i got pulled over last night because the cop thought it was too loud...he also said it was a fix it ticket...i'm wondering if i can get it written off...i've heard that if i get it written off i still have to pay the fine...is this true??....please give me some advice on what to do
Old 08-30-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
go to court and complain about the other vehicles that have exhaust such as Harley Davidson's and other trucks and muscle cars but they dont get pulled over. Personally its a chicken **** ticket IMO. I would never do that unless smoke was coming from your exhaust and even then it depends on how much smoke comes out before i would write you a ticket. I would go to court and ask to see the law on that then complain that all the other cars listed above arent being pulled over and ticketed for the same offense and hopefully it will get dismissed.
The officer is also supposed to use a decible reading device to measure your sound waves and if he didnt use that then you should def. pled not guilty in court and ask for dismissal.

Injen
Old 08-30-2003
Registered!!

do you know where i can get a decible reading done for my exhaust system...i know that it isn't over the limit...i'm thinkin that if i can get a printout with a shops signature on it then i can use it as proof and the judge or the cop won't be able to do ****...i know that this is just a little ticket but i hate the fact that the cops can abuse their power like this...its pure BS
Old 08-30-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
i agree some officers abuse their power, but like i stated above the officer is supposed to use a decible meter before issuing a citation.

Injen
Old 08-31-2003
Registered!!

born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by injencivic
go to court and complain about the other vehicles that have exhaust such as Harley Davidson's and other trucks and muscle cars....

Injen
^OMG...seriously

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...hreadid=112268
Old 08-31-2003
Registered!!

the funny thing is that when i was pulled over on the side of the road, 4-5 cars flew by with louder exhaust systems then mine but the cop didn't do jack **** about it
Old 08-31-2003
Registered!!

Location: Oak Lawn, Illinois.... Well currently its the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Cristabelle16 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow, that really sucks
Old 09-02-2003
Registered!!

BlackIce is an unknown quantity at this point
I just found this:
Note: New law (27150.2 VC) does not require law enforcement to use sound level meters to test for excessive noise. Citation is based on officer's judgment. Cited violators may have testing done at smog referee stations or may be directed by the court to have testing done. Vehicles in violation must be brought into compliance. A fine may also be imposed.