Ottawa/Hull Team Members Area

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Pir8Pete and I went out to the airport last night to scope out a spot for a team picture...looks like a great spot!

This coming Friday we all got to try and make it out...Might have to be a bit early so that we can get some daylight for the photos, then hang out a bit and cruise over to B&A.
Old 06-15-2003
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
array: were did you get your silicone??? Crappy tire?? I think i am going to do it today....im sick of amber signals.

Pharoh: So the spot looks good?? Hopefully the weather wont be stupid again next weekend. The funny thing is that last night it cleared up at like 7 oclock. One second it was raining..next second it was sunny...i hate canada!!

Next weekend we gotta get a team pic...and have we though of a name yet??
Old 06-15-2003
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
d00dz, sorry i wasn't on the board yesterday...I pulled a "1983" and went to montreal hehehe

I won't tell you what I picked up..it's a surprise. Hopefully I'll get to install it sometime within the next month.

LilJoe: don't tell anyone!!!

oh yeah, I also have tendonitis in my freakin wrists (both).

typing isn't that bad, but yesterday I couldn't even drink a can of pepsie without using both hands. man, it sucks. hopefully the drugs I'm on will help me out, and I'll be able to drive alright tomorrow to get to work.

ack. this sucks.
Old 06-15-2003
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
damn tendonitis...thats not good. did u break them or something? I broke both of my wrists and now i think i have arthritis(spelling). Hopefully you can make it out next friday.

what silicone did u use for ur headlights?
Old 06-15-2003
Registered!!

Array is an unknown quantity at this point
Baller : I think I bought my silicone @ Home depot. I forget the exact type though....sorry. Keep in mind that the majority of your silicone will be hidden, so don't stress to much.

Pharoh : So the spot looks slick!?!? a little earlier is cool, I can boot over there straight from work.
Old 06-15-2003
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
thanks...it's definately a bitch, that's for sure.

both wrists? ouch!

silicone: I used windshield sealent from crappy tire. it worked wonders!
Old 06-15-2003
Nugget Garage Since 2004

aight cool thanks...maybe i will stop by....how hard is it to mount the bulbs back in place after clearing the lights??

yah one wrist i broke twice...once snowboarding then skateboarding...and the other i broke snowboarding....thats why i gave up on that stuff!!! moved onto cars!!
Old 06-15-2003
Ask me about your mom.

hehhee

I fractured my tailbone snowboarding this year (january). it still hurts if I sit on wooden chairs....it just won't heal!

ack.

installing the lights is no problem at all. you'll have the bumper off, which makes everything completely accessable.
Old 06-15-2003
Registered!!

MAN!!!! I've had plenty of stitches in my day but never broke a bone. knock on wood!! that's gotta suck.

When clearing you headlights, the man thing, as always, is time. the whole job isn't really all that difficult. Just separating the housing is a little ruff.

I you need a hand let, me know, I've gots some free time later today. Like 2:30 -3pm ~ish
Old 06-15-2003
Nugget Garage Since 2004

damm...my friend did that too this year...but i guess not as badly as you. You might meet him on friday...he doesnt drive a civic...but he has a pimped out bably blue del sol....its sick. How long have u been snowboarding for? im a rail freak so i was always getting hurt!

Aight im sure i wont have any problems...i can figure it out. I painted my gauge bezel silver yesterday...it looks really nice...you guys should see it
Old 06-15-2003
Nugget Garage Since 2004

array: Yah that would be sick...im probably gonna go get some silicone in a bit...my friend is coming over to help me out but if i run into any problems i will post something...maybe around like 2ish?? I will pm you with were i live and everything if i have any difficulties. Thanks alot. gotta go get some silicone....peace out
Old 06-15-2003
Ask me about your mom.

snowboarding? I started when I was about 11 with a plastic thing from crappy tire...I'm 23 now, and have been snowboarding since.

I took a haitus for about 3 years (university), but got back into it, and I'm glad I did. I missed it

yeah, as Array said: nothing is hard, just time consuming. take your time, and it'll turn out great!

good luck!

say, do you guys know anything about control arm bushings? do they need to be pressed on/off?
Old 06-15-2003
Registered!!

Baller : For sure guy, I'll be out for a bit - then I'll check in again. PM me all your info if you need a hand.
Old 06-15-2003
Nugget Garage Since 2004

array: i sent you a pm...im havin a bit of trouble gettin the black piece away from the clear piece...maybe im just too weak!!
Old 06-15-2003
Ask me about your mom.

run an exacto knife around the edge of the lights, then pull like you got a pair
Old 06-15-2003
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Tek: No secrets, what did you get for your ride???....Enquiring minds want to know...he he he!
Old 06-15-2003

liljoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Hehe.
I know I know!
But I'm not telling
Old 06-15-2003

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
let me guess, something suspension related?
Old 06-15-2003
Nugget Garage Since 2004

well my headlights are finnaly cleared...after about an hour of prying/heating the silicone i finnaly got them off. With alot of help from array...hopefully i wont get any fogging. I will put up some pics that we took..array came over to help me out. Thanks alot bud. look in my ride section for da pics.
tek:you gotta tell us...you cant come on the site talking **** about ur car then not tell!!! thats just mean!!!
Old 06-15-2003

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
did u get tein's tek?
Old 06-15-2003
Bobaganoosh!

Ok, it's like a little guessing game now..."What did Tek buy in Montreal?"

Since he told me that the Teins were comin from Toronto, I would say that it's likely something else....

But Tek: If you went to Montreal and got anything rear brake related (as in EL parts or otherwise) I will ripp you from limb to limb for not telling me about it....he he he!
Old 06-15-2003
Registered!!

What a BEE-UUU-TIFUL day!!!

Met up with Big Baller L, cleared some headlights, checked out a slick *** Del Sol, took some pics & listened to some tunes. Where was this weather on Friday!!!! damn!!

OK....now I'm curious?!?!? What did Tek get on his ride??
Old 06-15-2003
Registered!!

By the way, It looks like I got some toys of a certain 7th Gen coming my way!!

I can't wait!!
Old 06-15-2003
Nugget Garage Since 2004

array: if you wanna check the pics just look in my ride section. They arent the best cuz i used my video cam...but its good for now!
Old 06-16-2003
Pir8pete

Array was that you that when to KFC

Old 06-16-2003
Ask me about your mom.

ack, typing is painful...

i went and got the whole back end off of an 02 SiR. control arms, discs, calipers, brake lines (all 4), etc...all assembled!!!

all i have to do is get bushings onto the new control arm, and get the brake proportioning valve from an EL, and bolt it up!

Problem: my hands are gimp. can't do anything

i was gonna suprise you guys by showing up w/them one night, but seeing as i can barely drive, i wont be putting these on anytime soon

plus, got a wedding to go to this weekend, motorbike course the next...dang!

is anyone taking the 30th off, to have a longer weekend? if so, i might employ you guys w/a case of beer to help me out...if i can get the day off.

man, no joke, took me over ten minutes to type this!!!
Old 06-16-2003
Bobaganoosh!

Originally posted by tekgnosis
ack, typing is painful...

i went and got the whole back end off of an 02 SiR. control arms, discs, calipers, brake lines (all 4), etc...all assembled!!!

all i have to do is get bushings onto the new control arm, and get the brake proportioning valve from an EL, and bolt it up!

Problem: my hands are gimp. can't do anything

i was gonna suprise you guys by showing up w/them one night, but seeing as i can barely drive, i wont be putting these on anytime soon

plus, got a wedding to go to this weekend, motorbike course the next...dang!

is anyone taking the 30th off, to have a longer weekend? if so, i might employ you guys w/a case of beer to help me out...if i can get the day off.

man, no joke, took me over ten minutes to type this!!!
I'll help! The I'm gonna kill you....he he he!
Old 06-16-2003
Registered!!

KFC

Pir8pete : Yeah Man.....It was so funny ~ since I've met any of you guys other than Baller, but we could still have a conversation about 7th Gen. She told me to check out "Pir8pete" and I just said ....hey ....I heard of the name!!!!

Could you tell her sorry if I acted like an ***, I just kept laughing. It was really funny.

Last edited by Array; 06-16-2003 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-16-2003
Ask me about your mom.

cool! i'll have to see if i can get the day off first.

so do any of you guys know if the control arm bushings have to be prssed on, or can they just pop on?
Old 06-16-2003
Pir8pete

Re: KFC

Originally posted by Array
Pir8pete : Yeah Man.....It was so funny ~ since I've met any of you guys other than Baller, but we could still have a conversation about 7th Gen. She told me to check out "Pir8pete" and I just said ....hey ....I heard of the name!!!!

Could you tell her sorry if I acted like an ***, I just kept laughing. It was really funny.

LOL no reason for apoligies everything was cool ?

so guys plan ahead and get the 27th and 28th off for the big meet up, you've had three weeks to plan and ask for time off work etc... so there should be no real reason y all/most of us shouldn't be going , we'll talk about it this friday 20th .....

PS. I just don't want to have like two or three cars won't be as fun. 8 to 10 is more like it, but i'm having doubts about you guys hope i'm wrong!

Last edited by Pir8pete; 06-16-2003 at 02:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Ottawa/Hull Team Members Area