Need to vent

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
Need to vent

Alright I just realized that I need to go AGAIN to get an emissions test on my 2001 car. Why the **** doesn't the government concentrate on the cars that spew black smoke out they're tailpipes??! This is an expence I didn't plan for. Anyone know of a way around this??? I guess it won't let me renew my stickers without that emisions form?
Old 03-16-2006
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
that's correct...without the cert sheet from the test you won't be able to get your stickers unfortunately.
Old 03-16-2006
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
it's retarded.

better yet...if you pass, why isn't the test free? why shouldn't the government pay for the bullsh1t test? they're abolishing it anyways. It's being phased out, but not for a couple of years, until they can recoupe the costs for implementing such a bullsh1t scheme.

it's quite frustrating...i agree.
Old 03-16-2006
Nugget Garage Wannabe

SuperFishy is on a distinguished road
move to quebec with all the smokey cars hehe. Cheaper insurance, and no emission testing.
Old 03-16-2006

maybe we should
Old 03-16-2006
DODGE the father, RAM the daughter

NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of

lol.
Old 03-16-2006

Tofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SuperFishy
move to quebec with all the smokey cars hehe. Cheaper insurance, and no emission testing.
You still have to saftey your car though. we didn't trasfer our cars over cause we would not pass a saftey.
Old 03-16-2006
I Love Lamp

Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada/ Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
burnhard88 is an unknown quantity at this point
what i've heard is that next year, ur gonna have to get your car saftied EVERY year... which i think is a complete money grab, just like the testing
Old 03-16-2006
Nugget Garage Wannabe

SuperFishy is on a distinguished road
ontario to quebec = saftey. If the car is already in quebec it can change hands or do whatever as many times as you want without getting a safety as long as it always has had plates on it. Quebec safety people are evil though.
Old 03-16-2006

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
Erik, are you sure your gonna pass the safety with the way that muffler sags?
Old 03-16-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by DnarahP
Alright I just realized that I need to go AGAIN to get an emissions test on my 2001 car. Why the **** doesn't the government concentrate on the cars that spew black smoke out they're tailpipes??! This is an expence I didn't plan for. Anyone know of a way around this??? I guess it won't let me renew my stickers without that emisions form?
I know those tests are annoying, you pay like $37 but you should be able to pass, unless something you know is gonna make you fail.
Old 03-16-2006

Tofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of light
Eric you should be fine. Our civic won't only casue of the turbo
Old 03-17-2006
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
every car will pass, unless you have taken ALL the cats out.

Even Lando passed with his high-flow cat...barely, but still.

regardless, YOU WILL PASS.

the only reason people fail, is due to a leaky exhaust, or not having any cats.

my rex is supposed to have 3 cats, but we took 1 out. with 2/3's the cats, my car still ran 0.2/75ppm at speed, and 0.01/35ppm at idle.

it's ridiculous. if a car is going to pass by such a huge margin, why shouldn't the government pay for it?
Old 03-17-2006

liljoe is an unknown quantity at this point
My Justy failed horribly. Stupid! It's a little 3 cylinder car, how much could it possibly pollute. Car runs fine, everything works, but cause I failed the e-test I couldn't put it on the road this winter.

My civic will never pass the e-test again, not with the turbo.

I am going to get my licence changed to Northern Ontario and then I will not have to do the damn e-test again.
Old 03-17-2006
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Hahaha, what's strange is that our old MPV van, didnt have a muffler and it passed.
Old 03-17-2006
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
my car passed with flying colors except for the damn fuel cap which I replaced on the spot during the test.
Old 03-17-2006
Registered!!

SerialD is an unknown quantity at this point
And whats worse is I've known people that have gotten around the test with cars that will never pass the test for one reason or another and these cars are still on the road today.
Old 03-17-2006
Registered!!

WhiteHalf is an unknown quantity at this point
Yah I think I'm with Andrew on this one, I think you might have a problem because of the "sag" ... :P

I feel so bad, but I had to play along ...
Old 03-17-2006

Car passed fine. Yay for me! The guy at the shop said that the people out there with old clunkers that spew black crap don't need to be tested. The government doesn't touch them.... why the **** not?
Old 03-17-2006
Registered!!

SerialD is an unknown quantity at this point
Cause they know already their going to fail or something.
Old 03-17-2006
Bobaganoosh!

Car passed fine. Yay for me! The guy at the shop said that the people out there with old clunkers that spew black crap don't need to be tested. The government doesn't touch them.... why the **** not?
because they didn't come with Cats on them for one thing. If the car didn't come with one from the factory than it doesn't have to have one...therefor if it's tested it'll fail automatically but not necessarily cuz of problems or neglect
Old 03-17-2006

ahh IC
Old 03-17-2006

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
^did the mechanic mention the sag on your exhaust?
Old 03-17-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
Originally Posted by burnhard88
what i've heard is that next year, ur gonna have to get your car saftied EVERY year... which i think is a complete money grab, just like the testing
That's what should of been done in the first place.Not the e-test thing.
Old 03-17-2006

That stupid to safty a car every year. it would have to come down in price for one thing. There are also to many people out there that can 'safty" a car. i have a guy who "saftied" my cars and jers. The time there consisted of sitting at his kitchen table while he filled out the form. The only thing he looked at was the KMS and to make sure the VIN number matched. What I don't understand about emmisions is why only certain areas in Ontario has it. Our Suberu failed emissions so all we have to do is transfer our address up North and we can get the car on the road. Up North you don't have to do emissions.
Old 03-18-2006
JdMsPark009

JDMspark009 is on a distinguished road
The saftey thing is already in NewBrunswick ever y year you need to get ur car safteyed when you buy your plate some guy comes out and checks it out at the MTO and just does a look around and the punches a hole in your sticker on the windsheild.
Old 03-18-2006
Premium Member

04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice04hemiboy is just really nice
Originally Posted by Tofast4me
That stupid to safty a car every year. it would have to come down in price for one thing. There are also to many people out there that can 'safty" a car. i have a guy who "saftied" my cars and jers. The time there consisted of sitting at his kitchen table while he filled out the form. The only thing he looked at was the KMS and to make sure the VIN number matched. What I don't understand about emmisions is why only certain areas in Ontario has it. Our Suberu failed emissions so all we have to do is transfer our address up North and we can get the car on the road. Up North you don't have to do emissions.
No it's not stupid..it keeps all these POS cars off the road.Fast safties wouldn't work either cause the cops would definitely pull it over and have it checked.What is it now $50.00 to saftey?It would kind of screw over the guy that buys a winter beater.All I know is I only buy brand new so having it etested is stupid.
Old 03-18-2006

Originally Posted by 04hemiboy
No it's not stupid..it keeps all these POS cars off the road.Fast safties wouldn't work either cause the cops would definitely pull it over and have it checked.What is it now $50.00 to saftey?It would kind of screw over the guy that buys a winter beater.All I know is I only buy brand new so having it etested is stupid.
$85 for a safty. My civic wont pass a safty
Old 03-19-2006

Originally Posted by 04hemiboy
No it's not stupid..it keeps all these POS cars off the road.
Not entirely true. The OLDER cars the government will not touch. When I was talking to the guy at the garage he explained it all to me, and it made sense. They don't bother to bring up the issue because it is a lost cause, and you would get the argument of "I can't afford a new car, this is the only car that I can afford, are you going to take my right to drive away?" If you go to driveclean.ca it actually explains it all on the site.
Old 03-19-2006
Premium Member

Not entirely true. The OLDER cars the government will not touch. When I was talking to the guy at the garage he explained it all to me, and it made sense. They don't bother to bring up the issue because it is a lost cause, and you would get the argument of "I can't afford a new car, this is the only car that I can afford, are you going to take my right to drive away?" If you go to driveclean.ca it actually explains it all on the site.
I'm talking safties dude.lol an old car still has to pass safety.

Quick Reply: Need to vent