Rust proofing this year

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005
DODGE the father, RAM the daughter
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of
Rust proofing this year

Pierre, are we gonna be able to rust proof our cars at Dan's Muffler Shop this year? I am def. interested. Just set a date
Old 10-02-2005
Registered!!

benjohn is an unknown quantity at this point
do you mind bro if i ask how much is rust proofing @ that place?
Old 10-02-2005

NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by benjohn
do you mind bro if i ask how much is rust proofing @ that place?
I can't remember exactly how much it was last year.. but I think something around $80 cash for all-around spray
Old 10-03-2005
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

E®ik will become famous soon enoughE®ik will become famous soon enough
I think it was actually around the lines of $60. Although it was a good price, I might go check out Krown. I know it's more pricey, but this way I'll get proper documentation saying that my car was sprayed.
Old 10-03-2005

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
i dont think u have to spray every year, just once evry 2 years
Old 10-03-2005
"mmmBAHHHH" - vtec y0

mugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond reputemugenman has a reputation beyond repute
what is rust proofing? well i mean waht do they do
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

NoSpleeny is an unknown quantity at this point
I have never had rust proofing on my car ever and I don't even have a speck of rust on my car... maybe the screws are rusted but that's normal.
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

benjohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by NoSpleeny
I have never had rust proofing on my car ever and I don't even have a speck of rust on my car... maybe the screws are rusted but that's normal.
just to be safe, we rustproof our cars yearly...especially winter time, salt on roads leads to corrossion...yeah outside no rust but check on the inside and underneath your car theres rust...

Dnarahp, im planning to go to Krown too, but its like $109 + tax...last year i went to midas for $89...let me know if your goin to krown maybe we can get a discount if we go by group...
Old 10-03-2005
JdMsPark009

JDMspark009 is on a distinguished road
Ok erik you are such a mamas boy if you need documentation that ur car was sprayed dan will do that fo 10 dollars more but I dont know why you would need it like man no matter what in the end your car is gonna rust with rust proofing you just pro long it...

Ben John is right on the salt and the corrosion but the real cancer of rust is caused by humidity becasue when you drive ur car gets hot and the cold and causes dew witch is moisture most of this is caused in the spring when everything is starting to thaw out...

Abe you should get ur car done every year becase it dose come off in some spots but not in all spots.

Noise the cost went up this year because of riseing oil prices and the fact that Dan has to buy a new drum every year mainly just for our cars and all the guys on redliners so this year it is 70 bucks cash and 80 with a receipt and 80 for a truck and a extra 10 with a receipt that is a group buy price we to get at least 8 cars and I have 2 to do this year so if you are interested we will use this thread to set a date and time again same as last year this needs to be on a weekend and it takes around half a hour per car.

Ask anyone who got this done last year this stuff was amazing I remeber this summer in the middle of June washing Andrews car and there was still rust proofing leaking out of the rocker panels and doors....
Old 10-03-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
U guys think it was worth it when I did my rustproofing (the wax like type) when I bought my car used at the dealership for $350, warranted for 8 yrs n every year I jus have to go back n have them inspect it for a small fee?
Old 10-03-2005

Pierre sounds good man.. weekend is the best time for me to do it, so that's good. It'd be nice to have a set date like a week or two in advance so I could book off work, but I'm in either way
Old 10-04-2005
JdMsPark009

WE will set at date I just need to coordinate with another certin fourm group
Old 10-04-2005

I was hoping to get it done near the end of the month, Pierre, yeah your right dude, I'll go through Dan, only if he's not super busy on that day. i don't want to be there for like 3 hours.
Old 10-04-2005
JdMsPark009

we were here for 3 hour last time because of andrews exhaust man and we had a great tie remember that guy in rthe truck laughing and my supper rotten egg farts...
Old 10-04-2005
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
I don't think I'll bother with it on this car....but when I get my other one I'll likely have to do it.

**** I hate this time of year
Old 10-04-2005

Tofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by sparky009
Ok erik you are such a mamas boy if you need documentation that ur car was sprayed dan will do that fo 10 dollars more but I dont know why you would need it like man no matter what in the end your car is gonna rust with rust proofing you just pro long it...

Ben John is right on the salt and the corrosion but the real cancer of rust is caused by humidity becasue when you drive ur car gets hot and the cold and causes dew witch is moisture most of this is caused in the spring when everything is starting to thaw out...

Abe you should get ur car done every year becase it dose come off in some spots but not in all spots.

Noise the cost went up this year because of riseing oil prices and the fact that Dan has to buy a new drum every year mainly just for our cars and all the guys on redliners so this year it is 70 bucks cash and 80 with a receipt and 80 for a truck and a extra 10 with a receipt that is a group buy price we to get at least 8 cars and I have 2 to do this year so if you are interested we will use this thread to set a date and time again same as last year this needs to be on a weekend and it takes around half a hour per car.

Ask anyone who got this done last year this stuff was amazing I remeber this summer in the middle of June washing Andrews car and there was still rust proofing leaking out of the rocker panels and doors....

Ummm hate to break it to you but Eric is not being a momma boy. I don't know about Eric but for our civic we need proof it was done. We paid a pretty penny when we first got the car. For a few years after that we took it back to the same place. If we took it anywhere else we had to get proff it was done. If we had no proff then our warrenty on rust proffing was void.
Old 10-05-2005

Well what said was said, either way I would like to get this done, and like Pierre stated, if I want documentation, Dan will charge an additional $10. But to save only $10 - $20 I dunno, it's alot more convinient to drop it off at Krown down the street

Pierre, I'm not saying that I'm not going to go back to Dan, I'm just trying to explore all my options here.
Old 10-05-2005
Registered!!

Shaneer is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Pharoh
I don't think I'll bother with it on this car....but when I get my other one I'll likely have to do it.

**** I hate this time of year
i would because i dubt you are acually going to sell your car,rustproofing is the only way to go
Old 10-05-2005
Registered!!

if i get alot of ppl to come to my work(krown,next door)it would probly be really cheap.........you should all think about this and let me know
Old 10-05-2005

Originally Posted by Shaneer
i would because i dubt you are acually going to sell your car
lol..
Old 10-05-2005
Registered!!

(fatty)
Old 10-05-2005
Registered!!

^^ shat ...didnt work
Old 10-05-2005

I wanna bury my face in your avatar
Old 10-05-2005
Registered!!

good want her number
Old 10-05-2005

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
I'm going to Krown this year. Dan is an awsome guy but he is way to far from my place.
Old 10-06-2005
Registered!!

WhiteHalf is an unknown quantity at this point
I go to Krown off Cyrville, but only reason why I do is cause I started with them and will just keep it up. If I was starting new I'd prolly go with Pierres choice.

So Andrew we should hook up with Shaneer and see if we can get a better price. I think right now its $90 or $110 or something I forget.

BTW, I want to bury my face in those mama jugs too, Shaneer bring her out to a friday and introduce her to the crew
Old 10-06-2005

player will become famous soon enoughplayer will become famous soon enough
NOISE I DEMAND u remove that sig

it turns me on too much, and u know its ramadan
Old 10-06-2005
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
Hey should we rust proof our civic its being stored for the winter????
Old 10-06-2005

Originally Posted by _Viper_
it's always a good idea
Old 10-06-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by _Viper_
well its not a bad idea....you cant get away from moisture,even if you have it stored at room temp

Quick Reply: Rust proofing this year