Body shops (update)

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2004
DODGE the father, RAM the daughter
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of
Body shops (update)

Ok, here I am with yet another question...lol

Recommendations on body shops in Otown? That list Freddy gave me for autoglass repair had one or two (Spartan Collision Corp. http://www.spartan.ca), and I've also been directed to Astramotors (http://www.astramotors.ca) by someone.. But I'd like to know if you heard of other good/reliable places.

Oh yeah, and it's nothing major.. The hood doesn't close completely after some douchebag hit the car in a parking lot, but the hood itself is fine, its the part in front of the radiator underneath the latch thats bent a bit.

Spanks.

Last edited by NoiSe; 09-29-2004 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-18-2004
I Love Lamp

Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada/ Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
burnhard88 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol... douchebag... where's the best place to go for body kits???
Old 09-19-2004

skiboard is on a distinguished road
cant you do a DIY? cause bodyshop = $$
I gotta take mine in to a bodyshop monday cause I just found out that my radiator fan broke in half. if you got some time on monday we can bring it in and see.
I go to Booth Auto Collision on Richmond since that was the shop that I did my kit on.
Old 09-19-2004

NoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud ofNoiSe has much to be proud of
^ yea, we already tried fixing it ourselves, but can't get it back to the way it was. There's a name for the part that's bent, but I don't know it.. It's basically the metal part right in front of the radiator.

I know that body shops put a big dent in our wallets, but I just wanted to see what they say, and maybe give me an estimate.. Or see if I can order just that part, and replace it myself. But then I think it's welded on, and not just a bolt-on... ahhh

I got school the whole day on monday, so I won't be able to come with u.. thanks though. I'll check that place out. Where on Richmond is it?
Old 09-19-2004

skiboard is on a distinguished road
it's using samebuilding as the Suzuki dealer
so.. near bayshore and carling between Ottawa Honda DEaler and Mc ewen gas station
Old 09-19-2004
JdMsPark009

JDMspark009 is on a distinguished road
NOT SPARTAN they are very crooked astra is a great place my buddy Paul owns it they are very fair
Old 09-19-2004

^ yeah I think I'm gonna end up at Astra.. that's funny, cuz my buddy Julius knows Paul too
Old 09-19-2004

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
Originally Posted by Alhoro
NOT SPARTAN they are very crooked Astra is a great place my buddy Paul owns it they are very fair
I agree Pavel is awsome at body work!
Pierre, do you know if he finished the yellow Diablo yet? last time I saw it was last year.
Old 09-20-2004
JdMsPark009

Yeah I think the diablo is done I also love Pauls Lexus that car is so sick
Old 09-29-2004

ok, we (the seller and I) picked up the hatchback from Astra today.. Paul fixed up the hood so that it closes all the way now..lol Did a damn good job, I'm impressed...

Now, on to the next dilemma... The car needs hella lot of bodywork.. new hood, new front bumper, rust removal (need both rear fenders replaced.. ie. cut out, and put a fresh new piece in; also under the driver-side door handle) and of course new paint (I decided to go with white). I talked to Paul, and he said he would do all of the above for $3200. I trust the guy to do a good job, but I wanted to find out if I have any other options..

If you know of any shops that will do all of the above w/ guaranteed good quality and a reasonable price, please let me know..

Pierre, I know you have something to say...
Old 09-29-2004
JdMsPark009

Paul is the best guy out there I know that it seems kind of expensive but he is the best maybe there are some other people on here that might be able to help you out more than I did but I know Pauls prices are fair and the work is even better....
Old 09-29-2004

yea he seems pretty cool and knows what he's doing... I like his attitude too, I remember someone wanted him to do just the paint, will all the prepwork done on a side, and he refused, saying that it was a crappy job and he doesnt want to do something that's gonna turn into **** a year down the road.. I know that for that money I will have a pretty much brand new body.. but I'd still like to hear some opinions. Thanks tho Pierre
Old 09-29-2004

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
Originally Posted by sparky009
Yeah I think the diablo is done I also love Pauls Lexus that car is so sick
He took me out for a rip in it and the whole back of the car hits the ground when he switches into 2nd gear...Turbo is sooooo loud too!
Old 09-30-2004
I Love Lamp

Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada/ Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
burnhard88 is an unknown quantity at this point
minnnt... my mom might be looking into repainting my car as well... where abouts is this astra place???