Caliper Painting Party

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004
Pir8pete

Originally posted by Pharoh
Man, the EP3 must bump like a $lut with that drop you have.
same as your car or any car thats lowered.
Old 03-23-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1983 is an unknown quantity at this point
dang 2nd to 4th of april, os soon, dont know if my car will be out yet but im willing to come help .
pharoh: did u have any problems with ur front progress sway bar, like srapping or anything ?? and how much did u pay for it . let me know thanx
Old 03-23-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
^^well it all depends on the weather, so u never know what will happen in the country!!
Old 03-24-2004
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
1983: I had problems with the swaybar rubbing against my exhaust, so I had the exhaust bent a little.
Old 03-24-2004
Registered!!

alrite thanx tek
Old 03-24-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

Big Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant futureBig Baller L has a brilliant future
yo guys i got hit by a acura flyby today!!!
I was drivin on the highway granny speed about 110, and i pull up behind this acura 1.7 (1999 model) and i see a lil "turbo" badge on the back of it! So as im going by im checkin out his ride and was gonna give him thumbs up for the turbo! Well i pass him still going the same speed (he was going bout 100) and look for his intercooler in the front! I couldnt see it, but i saw him eyeing me down as i went by, and then all i see him comming up and i hear the roar of his engine as he passed me!! hahah it was sorta a ricey fly-by, but his car was not rice!! Anyways though id share the story! If i was turbo i woulda hunted his *** down, but as for now i gotta wait for the SF fund to build up again!! hahaha

anyways thats my story!

So is the date set or what?? the weather looks pretty good!
Old 03-24-2004
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
well was it turbo'd?

what colour was the car?
Old 03-25-2004
Bobaganoosh!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
All this rain is nice. The snow is melting and the road salt is getting washed away quickly
Old 03-25-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

dna:i dunno man...i heard no evidence of a bov...or turbo whine, but it did pick up quite fast! It was beige! I also didnt see any intercooler at the front, cuz of the angle. But it was pretty much stock cept for the badge and a small muffler, so i think it was turbo!!! It was clean tho!
Pharoh:yah man i feel ya...rain is key right now....so when is good for everyone?
Old 03-25-2004

Hey Baller I am 90% sure I know the car your talking about. HE used to work at the Home Depot (my store) then he transfered to South Keys Home Depot as the overnight assistant manager. His name is Bruce, and his car is a sleeper. Thing is discusting fast. He's done basically everything you can do to that car (cept for the turbo) if your around that store 10 pm or later, you should check the parking lot for it.
Old 03-25-2004

Mike: Yeah this rain is great for the salt and snow!

A bit off topic, but I got my tax refund in the mail, and I'm looking at getting a pager alarm in the next couple weeks. Whats a good brand to get, and how much would I be looking at?
Old 03-25-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

dna:yah thats slick!!! i dunno why he was tryin to show off too me!! Its kinda funny when people show off there ****, especially when im just crusin!!! but i dont doubt his car was fast!!! hahah its chill!
as for a pager just get anything with good range. Nothing will go very far anyways, so if u walk far from ur car its useless anyways. Theres a thread on here about installing alarms and how to protect ur car.
Old 03-25-2004
Registered!!

im getting compustar 2 ways, does anyone know how to install alarm here ????dna????
Old 03-25-2004

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
Originally posted by DnarahP
A bit off topic, but I got my tax refund in the mail, and I'm looking at getting a pager alarm in the next couple weeks. Whats a good brand to get, and how much would I be looking at?
I got the Clifford matrix 2 way with the trunk alarm pin and hood alarm pin (doors ar already included) installed for $520 and im guessing I don't have to tell you where cuz you saw me that day
Old 03-25-2004
Registered!!

gohanix is an unknown quantity at this point
u void ur warranty if u dont get that alarm installed by a certified person...

did you look around for other 2way companies?
Old 03-25-2004

skiboard is on a distinguished road
I got Lynx 2 way pager alarm with hood, door, trunk, autostart ++ for $250 cdn and installed by my self. but I would not go thru installing it my self again. just not worth it.
Old 03-25-2004

Si2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really niceSi2NV is just really nice
Originally posted by gohanix
u void ur warranty if u dont get that alarm installed by a certified person...

did you look around for other 2way companies?
^agreed, I suggest taking it to a really well experienced shop (Pearl) to get your alarm in unless you REALLY know what you're doing...slim chance, but maybe skiboard might be able to help yeah
Old 03-25-2004
Ask me about your mom.

tekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura abouttekgnosis has a spectacular aura about
*** man, I installed an alarm on my sisters car.

NEVER AGAIN.

it was SUCH a pain in the butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get someone to install it. it's WELL worth the money!
Old 03-25-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
I ripped mine out and reinstalled it at my dad's once when the siren went haywire. I didn't do the original install which made it really fun trying to figure it out.
Old 03-25-2004

skiboard is on a distinguished road
It's not that hard on our Civics, just that it's going to void the worranty. I still need to figure out some problems with remote engine start and change some wireconnections tho : it's not working fully. if money is a problem and you wanna give it a shot, I can help you with it, but personally I think there's a reason why they charge so much on autoshops .
Old 03-26-2004
Registered!!

damn u guys serious that much of a hazle, how much is it to get it install approximatly??
Old 03-26-2004
Registered!!

gohanix is an unknown quantity at this point
depends who does the install..

perl, goldwing and sar sound are excellent choices

i got mine installed by jarrod at sar sound sar-4fun is the phone # i think
Old 03-26-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Originally posted by gohanix
depends who does the install..

perl, goldwing and sar sound are excellent choices

i got mine installed by jarrod at sar sound sar-4fun is the phone # i think
I got mine installed by this company in Hull who since went out of business

When I need to get it diagnosed I bring it in to Pearl since they have the computer and Clifford diagnostic software.
Old 03-26-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

i got a quote for painting my lip kit, but im wondering if any of u know much about paint. Is it better to mix you're own paint, or buy paint directly from honda.
thanx guys...i just dont wanna fool around with bad paint jobs!
Old 03-26-2004

Tofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of light
Landin I think I might of mentioned this before but the silver fades quite a bit. When we got our car repainted after the accident we noticed just how bad it fades. So I would suggest that the person you take it to is pretty good with painting.
Old 03-26-2004
Nugget Garage Since 2004

^^yah forshure i remember you saying that. So shouldnt it be better that they mix the paint, so they can match it perfectly right?
Old 03-26-2004

Tofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of lightTofast4me is a glorious beacon of light
well they did something called blending. I'll tell you tonight when we meet.
Old 03-27-2004
Bobaganoosh!

hope to talk to my dad today to see what day we can tour out there for the install party.
Old 03-27-2004

Sup guys, Mike keep us updated!

I was driving Sheena to work this morning around 9:20 on the 174/split and I was playing leap frog with a silver '01-03 coupe dropped with '00 SiR rims, and he had a blue tint all around, and on his front windshield he had some sort of word written on his "eyebrow"

anyone seen this fellow?
Old 03-27-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Originally posted by DnarahP
Sup guys, Mike keep us updated!

I was driving Sheena to work this morning around 9:20 on the 174/split and I was playing leap frog with a silver '01-03 coupe dropped with '00 SiR rims, and he had a blue tint all around, and on his front windshield he had some sort of word written on his "eyebrow"

anyone seen this fellow?
hmmm...nope, never seen him. Damn, maybe if you had 7thgen plate frames or something.
I'm gonna put mine on this weekend if it stops raining.

Quick Reply: Caliper Painting Party