Oilers..any fans?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
Oilers..any fans?

I've been watchin the Oil since a wee boy. Only since being in the city the past year have I gotten more addicted.
Can't say they have more skill than Calgary..but they do have alot of heart.

The Canadian brewhouse is place of choice, hot servers and hockey atmoshpere, say even better than shanks.

Think they'll make playoffs??.

Old 03-28-2006
250+ awhp Stage 2

SLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant futureSLO REX has a brilliant future
Go Stars!
Old 03-28-2006
Registered!!

RangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the roughRangerMan is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 2k2civ34
Go Stars!
BOOOO
That series..is always good though.
Old 03-29-2006
Creative Mind Extraodinare

Graphicdude will become famous soon enoughGraphicdude will become famous soon enough
In a way I hope they don't make the playoffs so they fire Mac Tavish's ***!! That facker is the root to the Oilers demise for the past 2 seasons. He can't coach, he can't inpsire his players to play for him anymore and he wasn't anything special as a player. I think it's time the Oil got rid of the "has to be Oiler Alumni to work for us" mentality and brought in some coaching talent, TRUE coaching talent. Enough is enough already.

If they do make the playoffs, I sure as hell hope we play someone other than the Avs or Stars in the first round. I'm tired of that story, it got old years ago.
Old 03-29-2006
Registered!!

OniChi is an unknown quantity at this point
durka durka... the snow is melting.. I tend to be outside more.. muahahaha.. bring on summer.
Old 03-29-2006
Historic Member

CdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of lightCdnSilverStreak is a glorious beacon of light
Oil fan here! Woohoo!
Old 03-30-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Graphicdude
In a way I hope they don't make the playoffs so they fire Mac Tavish's ***!! That facker is the root to the Oilers demise for the past 2 seasons. He can't coach, he can't inpsire his players to play for him anymore and he wasn't anything special as a player. I think it's time the Oil got rid of the "has to be Oiler Alumni to work for us" mentality and brought in some coaching talent, TRUE coaching talent. Enough is enough already.

If they do make the playoffs, I sure as hell hope we play someone other than the Avs or Stars in the first round. I'm tired of that story, it got old years ago.
Well hes better than Kevin Lowe, but ya, comparing to previous coaches edm has had, hes weak. Can say he has a drinking habit like me lol.

Oilers are playin Kings right now, and if you notice, their wearing the black jersey. The jersey of intimidation. They always play betta with it. It was voted top jersey when it came out (in all sports).

Anyways..just blabbin..lol.
Old 03-31-2006
Registered!!

kornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the roughkornsined is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Graphicdude

I totally agree. I've hated MacT from the start of his terrible regime.

oh and ranger man MacT is not a better coach then Klowe. Klowe actually snapped at the players and motivated them. Not this cliche crap after a brutal game "oh yeah i thought the team played well" despite poor goaltending and a blown lead on numerous occasions because of a lack of desire!

Anyways........A good oilers forum is www.oilfans.com
Old 03-31-2006

Graphicdude will become famous soon enoughGraphicdude will become famous soon enough
I heard talks on the Oil Website that if MacT was to leave or get fired that Craig Simpson is next in line. WTF are they thinking, that is if it is true. We don't need a coach with helmet hair. Worst part is that his kid has the same hair too! LOL!!
Old 03-31-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by kornsined
I totally agree. I've hated MacT from the start of his terrible regime.

oh and ranger man MacT is not a better coach then Klowe. Klowe actually snapped at the players and motivated them. Not this cliche crap after a brutal game "oh yeah i thought the team played well" despite poor goaltending and a blown lead on numerous occasions because of a lack of desire!

Anyways........A good oilers forum is www.oilfans.com
Lowe is the smart guy, however, during a game who gives more hell or presence to the Refs on the Ice. Its obvious...
He is not a "born" agressive guy, so him being agressive on the ice just did not work with the players - he ended up arguing with alot of them. The GM position he is in is perfect - his decisions as you can tell are made with thought.
We'll see next year who the coach could be.

Last edited by RangerMan; 03-31-2006 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-03-2006

I am sure tonight they will get their asses handed to them again. Man they are pissing me off!! So much for the playoffs. FYI, I am goign to the last game of the year. I am goign to be holding up a sign "Fire Mac T" and that's for DAMN SURE!! What a piece of ****!!
Old 04-12-2006
Bring Hockey Back!

chrisgushue is an unknown quantity at this point
Go Flames Go
Old 04-12-2006
Registered!!

Boo to the flames.

Seriously, 2 games left for the Oil, I am going to Thurs game, gonna be close.
Old 04-13-2006
Registered!!

Going to Oil game tonight..

Old 04-19-2006
Registered!!

blackonblack has a spectacular aura aboutblackonblack has a spectacular aura about
i went to colorado game..avs blow
Old 04-20-2006

That's becuase they didn't have half their lineup playing, even still we didn't either and we still kicked their ***. But I think they were sand baggin it. I don't think they wanted to move up a spot in the standings. I feel sorry for anyone facing Calgary in the first round......................god that hurt to say.........*shiver*..........man I hate those guys......

Go OIL Go!!! Calgary SUCKS!!!
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

blackonblack has a spectacular aura aboutblackonblack has a spectacular aura about
Big Win Today
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by blackonblack
Big Win Today
VERY BIG WIN indeed. The win has made my day for sure.

I have confidence that they will ******** and won't say cuz I hate to jinx, but you get..jist.

They are going to Edmonton with this on their sholders, plus, have the support now of the fans.

Ryan Smith is not playng well at all..obviously because he has alot of pressure on his sholders. Hopefully he'll pick it up at home.

Game was awesome though.

Last edited by RangerMan; 04-23-2006 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-23-2006
Registered!!

smytty will battle through, although i didn't think he was playing all that badly. either way, oil in 6
Old 04-24-2006
Registered!!

Go ESKIES Go... Oh wait this is about the Oilers.. Well GO OILERS GO.. Sunday was a good one..
Old 04-25-2006

Let's hope the Oil can pull another win out tonight.
Old 04-25-2006
Bring Hockey Back!

chrisgushue is an unknown quantity at this point
detroit will win 3-2 tonight and roloson will be the only reason its close
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by chrisgushue
detroit will win 3-2 tonight and roloson will be the only reason its close
mod ban..

haha
Old 05-11-2006
Registered!!

What a game last night...watched at Boston Pizza then joined the parade on whyte ave.

I predicted the Detroit Series, and tried with this one, I am keeping my mouth shut. They know what they have to do.

Last edited by RangerMan; 05-11-2006 at 02:18 PM.
Old 05-12-2006

*cross fingers* lets hope for another win tonight
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

WOOOOHOOOO 6-3 Babbyyy.. Whyte was I mean it is KRAZY down there.. muahaha.. yeah..
Old 05-13-2006
Registered!!

lol..yes juzzz a lil crazy. Did about 10 laps before going into a bar. Women galore..then again riot police galore also. Police were needed, but "swat" only provoked the crowd. They had to close down whyte around 1am. Nutz.
Edmonton seems to have the idiots who start ****, fights are stupid, unless on the ice.

I loved the quote from the journal, after Jason Smith ("gator") scored:
"I was just so excited when he scored that I almost squished him when I jumped on him," Georges Laraque said"

"Lets go Oilers, **** you cheech choo"
Old 05-14-2006
I have the OEM version of weight reduction. DX

EŽik will become famous soon enoughEŽik will become famous soon enough
Taking a little walk into Oiler town. Faqing Sabers can kiss my ***. Ottawa had a good season, heres hoping the last Canadian team can bring the cup home!

Good luck Edmonton Oilers!!!
Old 05-14-2006
Registered!!

big win tonite, just like on friday. whyte was hoppin'
Old 05-15-2006
Registered!!

Gotta love it, theres even a little diagram of panties..

can't wait till next game!

Quick Reply: Oilers..any fans?