Group Buy's Wanted Post the group buy's you would be interested in or want started.
Vendors or Pre-Vendors: Post here to see if any interest in a GB.
Members caught doing group buys in this section will be banned. No questions asked.

GB feeler: Retrofit Components (Toronto Only)

Old 08-12-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMWWW is an unknown quantity at this point
GB feeler: Retrofit Components (Toronto Only)

Hello everyone,

I have gearbox's permission to post a thread gauging interest.

I'm working with theretrofitsource, to save you a few bucks, shipping, and duties. Thus, this will be for local pickup in Toronto, Canada. (I'll work something out for Americans, pending interest)

Basically, this is mainly a gb for projectors. And here would be the prices in USD, for local members in Toronto, landed, local pickup:

- FX-R - $160
- TSX - $190
- TL - $250

We are currently promoting the FX-R's and here's why:

Replica FX vs. Oem S2K

FX vs. TL With Clear Lens

Bi-Xenon Output Comparison: TL, E55, Murano, FX, IS, e46,LR3

FX-R retrofit into Odyssey done, some output shots

Please let me know if there are any questions, and if you're interested in anything else, post it up!

Last edited by FALKEN; 08-16-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-12-2009
Registered!!

Re: GB feeler: Retrofit Components (Toronto Only)

Please fill your name under the appropriate country, and list what you're looking for:

Toronto, Canada
-
-

America
-
-
Old 08-12-2009
Civicforums Junkie

FALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of lightFALKEN is a glorious beacon of light

moved.
Old 08-13-2009
Registered!!

Have fun!

Here's a comparison of a Replica FX and an Oem S2000. Keeping the same environment with my other posts. Car is parked about 45ft from wall. Projectors used 35w D2S 85122+ (no Hg) bulb and matsushita ballast. Nikon D60 camera manual setting with ISO800, Aperture 1/4', and F6.3

In this comparison, both projectors are shown on the same wall at the same time. This gives a better comparison output than having each projector on at one time. Also, each projector will be tilted sideway so that it will not give advantage over the other, eg. as in the case of top vs bottom. Enjoy.

Here's the top-and-bottom comparison. The bottom projector always appear better and brighter. I swapped position on each projector so there's no advantage of one over the other.

Replica FX (top) vs. Oem S2K (bottom)

Replica FX (bottom) vs. Oem S2K (top)

Here are the Side-By-Side comparison. This method is a better comparsion.

Replica FX (left) vs. Oem S2K (right)

The oem S2K is a lot wider than the replica FX. It also has more intensity along the sides. However, the replica has an even intensity along the side from top to bottom whereas the S2K is intense just below the cutoff line. Personally, I like that thin intense streak of light on the S2K. Both projectors are equally sharp. The S2K has a better intense spread in the center. The replica FX has more blue in the center. The s2k softened on the upper left side, a common signature.

Please, do not rely on these pics to come to any conclusion. When you deal with mods, lens swapping, and custom shields, the results will be different for different retrofitters. S2Ks are different from year to year. I have my own preferences and not promoting any projector over the other. Lastly, do you own testing to come to your final answer. More to come (modded s2k vs ...)
Old 08-13-2009
Registered!!

Big thanks to JVX!
Here's a comparison of a replica FX clear lens against an Oem TL with ZKW clear lens. Keeping the same environment with my other posts. Car is parked about 45ft from wall. Projectors used 35w D2S 85122+ (no Hg) bulb and matsushita ballast. Nikon D60 camera manual setting with ISO800, Aperture 1/4', and F6.3

In this comparison, both projectors are shown on the same wall at the same time. This gives a better comparison output than having each projector on at one time. Also, each projector will be tilted sideway so that it will not give advantage over the other, eg. as in the case of top vs bottom. Enjoy.

R-FX (top) vs. TL+zkw (bottom)

R-FX (bottom) vs. TL+zkw (top)

Now onto the Side-By-Side Comparison

R-FX (left) vs. TL+zkw (right)

R-FX (right) vs. TL+zkw (left)

R-FX (left) vs. TL+zkw (right)

JVX's Note. In person, the TL+zkw is sharper but bow downward on the side. The replica FX is evenly straight across and has better intensity below the cutoff along sides. Both projectors are equally wide. Also, do not rely on these pics to come to any conclusion. When you deal with mods, lens swapping, and custom shields, the results will be different for different retrofitters. I have my own preferences and not promoting any projector over the other. I'm doing this for the love of HID.

Quick Reply: GB feeler: Retrofit Components (Toronto Only)