Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

such a n00b at this.

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2003

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
such a n00b at this.

Ok, well, I want to get a nitrous kit.

The thing is, I don't want any hints that I have one. My parents are wary of a SRI because it will make my car "faster". Is there anyway I can get a system that is completely hideable? Like the toggle switches and **** I could figure out, but how could I literally do this?

I have the cash to do so, I just want to figure out if my idea is feasible. Maybe put a NOS Sneaky Pete where the spare is?

I dunno, throw me some ideas. If I sound like a complete idiot, tell me to shut up and I most likely will
Old 05-17-2003
Registered!!

Catalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really nice
well, i believe that you have to use a wet system due to the returnless fuel system on our cars. So if your parents know anything about cars, they will notice that you tapped into your fuel line for something. You will have to find a place that you can tap into your fuel line where they will not be able to see it.

Second, you will have to find a good place to hide the nozzle. And you will have to hide that nice steel-braided line that goes to your nozzle.

And last of all, you will have to get a smaller bottle that you can hide. In the spare tire compartment you could probably fit a 5 lb bottle under there.

So if you can do all of that, it should work. Just make sure your parents dont drive your car and get a flat tire. or else you will have some explaining to do.
Old 05-17-2003
Registered!!

Catalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really nice
oh yea, dont forget to hide the solenoids!
Old 05-17-2003
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
there are several tricks to hiding nitrous systems.... if your parents don't know anything about cars, who cares... install it..
Old 05-17-2003

They know nothing about cars. But I have a brother that knows a WHOLE lot about them. I just don't want him to ever go looking around under the hood again

I was thinking that maybe I could put a bottle down there, where the spare would be. The tricky part of my idea is to spray the solenoids and braided wire black, so it would confuse the hell out of them if they ever looked. If it looks stock to them, they wouldn't question it. But if it has NOS signs all over it, I think they'd figure it out

Well, I guess back to the drawing boards. I need to figure out a way to do this, my car is tooooo slow
Old 05-17-2003

Oh yeah, another question. As for the nozzle, isn't there a remote control bottle opener that I can get? And if so, is that cordless, or is that another thing I'd have to hide as well?
Old 05-17-2003
Registered!!

Thats another thing that you have to wire up.

but as for black steel braided lines, just paint them black!
Old 05-17-2003

Thats what im planning on doing.

Ok, so all of this should be pretty easy to hide. Can I make the nitrous solenoid go on the bottom of my intake? Because if its not in plain view, they'll never notice.
Old 05-17-2003
Registered!!

just put it anywhere out of sight. just somewhere around 12 inches from the nozzle. I believe thats the recomended length.