Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Dezod turbo parts possibly going back into production!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Dezod turbo parts possibly going back into production!

For those unfamiliar, Dezod is a pioneer in 7th gen performance and arguably has done more to further development of turbo parts for the D17 than anyone else. They've also been a vendor on Civicforums since it was 7thgencivic and many of us will testify that they are an absolutely outstanding vendor, myself included.

With our cars coming down in cost and becoming more popular among tuners demand for D17 turbo parts has been increasing, and it looks like Dezod may respond to that by putting some discontinued parts back into production.

It sounds like Dezod's tubular manifold is being redesigned with slight improvements over the prior design, they're considering releasing a 3" downpipe and they've already re-released a 2.5"!

http://www.dezod.com/pd-dezod-motors...5-dx-lx-ex.cfm

Old 12-07-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough
Re: Dezod turbo parts possibly going back into production!

Sounds like good things!
Old 12-08-2011
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

niceeeeeee
Old 12-08-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

O. RRY..?!

I still kinda wanna save up for a k20 swap, but their D17 turbo kits were legit!

edit: From the looks of things, they're gonna be doing manifolds and the downpipe, designed to accommodate an ex exhaust setup (or dx/lx setups that have swapped over to an ex setup).

in any case, here's the quality of work to expect from them..
http://www.7thgenhonda.com/forum/sho...9&postcount=54

some pretty, pretty welds

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 12-08-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Old 12-08-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

I still kind of want a k20 swap, but one of the major reasons I would choose a k over boost is the lack of quality turbo parts for the d. If dezod changes that (again) I'd need to do some serious thinking..
Old 12-08-2011
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

haha, same dilemma as me.. I, however, am getting sick of the **** my d17 is throwing me.. If I can't pinpoint the current problem, I'm gonna start saving up hardcore for that k20..
Old 12-10-2011
Registered!!

2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice2k1civic01 is just really nice

kswaps are cheap now if you know where to get the parts and do the swap yourself.
Old 12-10-2011
Registered!!

j_dock69 will become famous soon enough

I've been thinking of boost for a couple years. If there are quality parts I'll start purchasing them
Old 12-11-2011
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

I'm going boost, hands down, especially if these parts get back onto the market.
Old 12-13-2011
Registered!!

djarmyssg is an unknown quantity at this point

Paul (Dezod) definitly has what you need to scratch that Turbo itch!! about 90% of my parts came from Paul, and Im MORE than happy with how im set up now!!
Old 02-16-2012
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Manifold, coming soon: http://www.dezod.com/pd-dezod-motors...5-dx-lx-ex.cfm
Old 02-18-2012
Registered!!

SpdySylvrEX will become famous soon enough

One thing they need to get right is the tuning. The AEM FIC is extremely tough to find a tuner for (in Florida). Not to mention, the ECU is so picky, it really is hard to tune around...just my thoughts...
Old 02-18-2012
Registered!!

Aetoc will become famous soon enoughAetoc will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by spdysylvrex
one thing they need to get right is the tuning. The aem fic is extremely tough to find a tuner for (in florida). Not to mention, the ecu is so picky, it really is hard to tune around...just my thoughts...
k-pro ftw!
Old 02-18-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

Kpro is the only way to go... seriously. I wouldn't get anything else if your going with a turbo setup or K20.
Old 02-21-2012
Registered!!

SpdySylvrEX will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by BlueEM2
Kpro is the only way to go... seriously. I wouldn't get anything else if your going with a turbo setup or K20.
This may be true, but why then do the turbo kits still come with the AEM FIC?
Why would you sell something that doesn't actually work? That just seems like a If you are going to sell a kit, sell it with Kpro...Sell it how it is "supposed" to be ran.
k-pro ftw!
The only people winning with this, is K-pro/Hondata...I mean, $1200 for a ECU? Plus the ECU from an RSX, or Si? Talk about highway robbery!!!

Sorry if this got off topic....
Old 02-21-2012
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

It's slightly off topic but not a big deal... Kpro costs because it's the best.. hands down
Old 02-22-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Originally Posted by SpdySylvrEX
The only people winning with this, is K-pro/Hondata...I mean, $1200 for a ECU? Plus the ECU from an RSX, or Si? Talk about highway robbery!!!

Sorry if this got off topic....
Hondata is cost prohibitive for many people, I totally agree, but the pricing isn't that unreasonable. You want to see unreasonable, check out Motec.
Old 02-22-2012
A scene before your eyes

Balzdpr is on a distinguished road

Great info people. Just do your respective community obligations and keep us monkeys informed. Im very interested in this new tech info. Any further information? Any web sites? Hit Me.
Old 02-22-2012
Registered!!

Matt300 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was sad to hear that those parts were discontinued (a lot of people discontinued parts for the D17s), especially as I was starting to get around to modding my '05. I was convinced it was either k-swap or slight engine mods and stopping there. If Dezod comes back with a turbo setup, I'm definitely in!