Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

brand new pictures of my turbo just completed

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SScott912 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
brand new pictures of my turbo just completed

i kept my powersteering and a/c had to make my own custom downpipe and cut 2" off the obx maniold pretty much nothing just bolted on but i got it done and couldnt be more happy, as you can see i also used my aem v2 air intake as part of the intercooler piping that made things more easy and not to mension already had the bend to the throttle body, i also have my zex nitrous plummed into the intake there is just no damn room on newer civics let me know what you think
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	civic turbo 2.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	73938   Click image for larger version

Name:	civic turbo 3.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	73939   Click image for larger version

Name:	downpipe civic.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	73940   Click image for larger version

Name:	downpipe civic 2.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	73941   Click image for larger version

Name:	civic turbo.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	73942  

Click image for larger version

Name:	honda civic 04.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	73943   Click image for larger version

Name:	honda civic 04 2.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	73944  
Old 03-24-2008
the best kind of lovin is from the oven!

ProjectMayhemR will become famous soon enough
Re: brand new pictures of my turbo just completed

Thats innovative imo that u used ur intake piping as part of ur intercooler piping. Did u just spot weld that down pipe? If it is i bet it leaks like a bitch. That angle has got to be restrictive.
Old 03-24-2008
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

uhhhh yeah. Make a new downpipe the right way. That looks horrid.
I see a bundle of ebay parts... have fun with that.
Old 03-24-2008
Registered!!

chkolny will become famous soon enoughchkolny will become famous soon enough

is it just me? or does it look like you have drum brakes on the front? lol!, anyways you gotta drop that ****, i had too google just to make sure they never made a 4X4 civic off road edition
Old 03-25-2008
Registered!!

civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute

yeah the dp is kind of eh lol. and the manifold does look ebay. at least your boosted . props. join the boost crew. dont shift hard with that manifold. my buddy had the same manifold and it cracked from shifting too hard he thinks.
Old 03-25-2008
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Better pics of the DP welds? Did you reinforce the mani with a brace to the subframe? What turbo is on there?
Old 03-25-2008
Registered!!

no the pics of the downpipe was just spot welded it is completely welded now it doesn't leak at all i have disc brakes in the front civics dont even have drum brakes in front and my next plan is to lower the car and the turbo is right under the manifold there just isnt any room in new civics to do anything the intercooler piping just clears the a/c compressor
Old 03-25-2008

You're going to want to take a 1" piece of flat steel and make a brace for that manifold or you'll end up with this (mani look familiar?):

Old 03-25-2008
Registered!!

thats an obx manifold?? wow who welded it lol j/k how much boost r u guys running? im running 5-6 psi max and all seems fine
Old 03-25-2008
Registered!!

wheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nicewheelspinLX is just really nice

That didnt even break at the weld it just looks like it stress fractured or something.
Old 03-25-2008
Premium Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

7.2psi
Old 03-25-2008
Registered!!

blackonblack has a spectacular aura aboutblackonblack has a spectacular aura about

turbo before suspension?
Old 03-25-2008
Registered!!

of course turbo before suspension why not and yes my manifold does have a support you cant see much in the pictures sorry about that 7.2 psi on a stock engine damn
Old 03-25-2008
Diamond Member

Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SScott912
7.2 psi on a stock engine damn
a good number of boosted members run 8psi on stock....

and one even runs 21psi...

good luck though!

but for some reason your car reminds me of a transformer. i think its cuz its lacking a [lowered] suspension.

Last edited by Envy; 03-25-2008 at 09:33 PM.
Old 03-26-2008

It looks like it broke right above the weld where the cheap stainless was weakened by the heat produced from welding it. It's a pic I stole from d-series, but they break all the time at that point.
Old 03-26-2008
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

what kind of engine management are you running? have you tuned it, or are you just beating on it without a tune?
Old 03-26-2008
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

more info on the car would be nice, like a list of parts and such.

loose the window banner ricer. other than that it is pretty clean
Old 03-26-2008
Registered!!

lol that is a very old picture of the car all stickers are off and rims are back to stock for engine management i am runnning a piggyback vafc2 because i cant afford to buy a laptop and emanage so i have to work with what i got, some things i have done to my car is turbonetics turbo obx manifold apexi n1 exhaust zex wet nitrous kit walbro 255 fuel pump acura rsx type s injectors weapon r vacuum manifold custom downpipe, and i had the computer sent to jet performance r34 body kit z3 fenders thats all that i can think of right now
Old 03-26-2008
Registered!!

i am currently in the process of trying to tune it any suggestions on a base map for vafc2
Old 03-26-2008
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

Ok not to bash but as others have stated. That manifold absolutely will fail. The material they make them out of it too thin. After heat cycling 20 or so times the material becomes very brittle and stess cracks start to form. The longest I've ever seen one last is about 3-4 months and it was virtually a pile of patches and braces before it was changed out. If you are using a vafc, there is no way to tune "boost relative" You are going to have a big lean spot at wot under boost. Guess what that means, higher EGTs, and more heat into that manifold worsening your problems. I'd seriously save for a new manifold and a better way to tune. Its much easier than buying new motors and manifolds every month, hehe.
Old 03-26-2008
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all

seriously need to reconfigure the tuning, vafc is no where near sufficient. you cant pull enough fuel at idle or part throttle w/ rsx injectors when not under boost.
I cant imagine how that thing runs right now. I know your on a budget, but taking shortcuts usually cost more in the end
Old 03-26-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

kinda sounds like bs to me.. even with pictures. if its not then its just plain stupid.
Old 03-26-2008
Registered!!

actually it runs amazing and i dont need people being negative im just asking for suggestions whats funny is the reason i got the rsx type s injectors and vafc2 is because i did research on this forum and it seemed like vafc2 would be the only decent way to tune a 7th gen civic emanage ive seen more people trying to tune in their car and actually mess up the tuning worse than it was before, with my vafc2 i can tune it where it doesnt lean out under boost and what do u consider a good manifold if everyone has problems with them so i am open to suggestions just not people being negative towards me and the work i put into my car
Old 03-26-2008
Registered!!

Mr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the roughMr_Plenty is a jewel in the rough

^^^yea i understand where your coming from. You come for help and get a bunch of negative repetetive unwanted commentary but hey its a forum...im not a boost guy so i cant help...
Old 03-26-2008
Banned

hondaNOS is an unknown quantity at this point

how much downforce are you getting from the STi wing?
Old 03-27-2008
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

how do you know you dont have a lean spot under boost? you have a wideband?
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

They're not trying to be negative they are telling you the truth......if you want to run vafc go ahead.....but when you blow you're motor we told ya so..

People here have 3-5+ years of turbo smarts with the 01-05 civic.........They know what they're talking about.......

The only true way to tune our cars is AEM or Hondata.....everything else is just a bandaid.....you can't even call vafc a bandaid though. It's a "HACK".....ever heard the term vafc hack?

At least get e-manage! I have it & my car runs decent...it took me along time to iron alot of it out.

People are just trying to save you headaches!

But if one component of a turbo system isn't up to bar the entire setup will suffer or fail! One imperfection will shine like the sun under boost!!!!

Last edited by FoSho; 03-27-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-27-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

^^he speaks truth man
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

Ok can someone give me some pros and cons of emanage verses vafc2.
Old 03-27-2008
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

There is a whole post about this stuff already dude. You can use the boost pressure sensor, injector and ignition harness with the emanage along with a wideband and an obd2 scanner to tune the emanage. You also have a couple other options such as the AEM FIC. Its almost as easy to go kpro and be done with it though. If you dont have a wideband installed and are monitoring it regularly you have no idea how its running. Just because is feels ok doesnt mean its not running lean, rich, or otherwise. These newer computers are a bitch to piggyback and you can figure on your computer recalibrating itself to whatever it sees fit over time, it will lean itself out I promise.

Quick Reply: brand new pictures of my turbo just completed