Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

AC Compatible manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
AC Compatible manifold?

Here's the scoop:

After debating a new car or a swap I've decided to simply boost my car to be happy with it for a few more years and resist buying something new.

A buddy is graciously helping me, but he mentioned an AC compatible manifold and I never never seen anything like this even being brought up with EM2's. Is this a legacy thing from the B/H series days?

I also need a manifold if anyone has one...

Thanks my turbo community buddiez...
Old 10-31-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Re: AC Compatible manifold?

what kind of turbo plans do you have?

Max PSI? Size turbo? Engine Mang? Etc...

i understand why you want to keep you AC but please, share some details...
Old 10-31-2007
Registered!!

kuNhoHan will become famous soon enough

dezod's new manifold clears the AC but its a pretty penny to get
Old 10-31-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

They all clear the air conditioner. When you start getting into Top mounts and ram horns that take up a good bit of space, you start getting into AC compatability. Its largely an issue with the B/old D motors (the H has its own issues with the torque mount), because if you elminate the PS and AC, you had all kinds of room up there to place the turbo exactly where you wanted it, make runners go everywhere to make them all equal length, etc.... Unlike those motors, the D17 alternator is mounted on the front side of the block, you're more or less screwed from a clearance standpoint, its a matter of getting the downpipe to fit.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 10-31-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-31-2007
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

This is whats meant by AC compatable.....

You can still see the a/c compressor and lines in thier stock location
Old 11-01-2007
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

So it looks like the HKS is safe at least...
Old 11-01-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rufus
So it looks like the HKS is safe at least...
HA.... it requires some serious fudge work to get something in there. It fits, but plan on some pretty crazy fab work.
Old 11-02-2007
Premium Member

I'm trying to buy this Dezod Mani off some guy...
Old 11-12-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

GL with getting the dezod mani from that guy seems like he took the money and ran.

DP routing will be the key in keeping your AC and also keeping your alternator relatively cool. My DPs on the dezod mani - both the stock dezod DP and the new one I made - do not clear AC so it's gone. I could probably have made a differently designed DP but I bought 2 J-bends instead of 2 u-bends (don't ask) and didn't have the extra curve I needed to bend it around to clear the AC.

Make sure you can still leave that little heat shield on the alternator. Mine is on the fritz since it got too hot at the track my first time out.

Sorry to bump this, but it came up during my "HO alternator" search.
Old 11-12-2007
Premium Member

haha well it looks like I may actually get my mani soon.