Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

T.E.A.R.S. - Turbocharged Engines Anonymous Relief and Support Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: T.E.A.R.S. - Turbocharged Engines Anonymous Relief and Support Thread

i wish i had a turbo...kswap + turbo sounds cool too...
Old 09-19-2007
My Pony Princess is the inspiration for my ride.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
speedfoos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tuningmycivic
just out of curiousity clint, why did you have to loosen the p/s nut in the first place?

LOL - cuz I wanted to paint the pulley!!!!

Thanks Chris, it's all good fun though. I should be ready to start datalogging on the SRT-4 map this weekend, maybe by Saturday night if things go as planned and my ARP studs arrive.
Old 09-19-2007
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light

Sometimes the only way we really learn something that sticks with us, is to royaly **** up lots of expensive stuff. The key is learning from the carnage. If you lunch a motor and still cant find out what you did wrong, dont slap another one in there until you do your homework. If you stick with a car for a while, you'll learn enough that slowly but surely the bugs will get worked out and you'll have something that you can really be proud to own and drive. Every car is most always a complete disaster, those who stick with it are the ones that stand out among the rest.
Old 09-20-2007
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I think I'm going to stop playing with the engine so much now.. lol.. I'll swap the new one in, I/H/E and be happy with it.. I'll just make it look pretty.. :-(

so does my laundry list of **** that happened to my car qualify me for a T.E.A.R.S. member?

Oh, and the electrical gremlins have returned.. I'm pretty sure it is, at least.. My tach signal is loose, I guess.. My tach will, every now and again, be pegged low both on my instrument cluster and my VAFC-II, even though I know I'm at about 3000 RPMs.. Also, I'm throwing a P1259-VTEC system malfunction code every so often and that causes my car to go into pseudo-limp mode, letting me only rev up to 3950 RPMs..

I guess it really is a damn good thing I got the new engine, and a damn good thing it came with the wiring harness, too

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 09-20-2007 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-20-2007
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

Slap a member number on there dood... I'm pretty sure it's voluntary membership, though... so have fun!
Old 10-11-2007

Looks like I've popped another HG. It may have happened while I was getting the boost controller adjusted to 9 psi. She spiked over that (to about 11) a couple times while I was dialing it in. That 'may' have done it and then I aggravated it at the track the next day. Gonna re-torque the head bolts, drop it down to 8 psi and see what happens.

I'm still having fun though!!
Old 10-23-2007
Banned

7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about

fugg, that sux man. hopefully mine isnt blown, before i even hit boost for the first time.....
Old 10-23-2007
7th Gen Photographer

LogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of lightLogicWavelength is a glorious beacon of light

You could claim a member number... c'mon... you know you want to be eternally broke, lonely and RIPPIN' IT UP IN A TURBO CIVIC!
Old 10-23-2007
Banned

7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about7thgen.nick has a spectacular aura about

does that make me 4?
Old 10-23-2007
7th Gen Photographer

Sure... why not!
Old 10-23-2007
Banned

nice. rep it up
Old 10-23-2007
Registered!!

letsfightfelipe has a little shameless behaviour in the past

ok I'm new to the D17a2 engine I wanted to know whats the top line of everything I would need for a turbo. I plan on buying internals first but if i just went on and bought a turbo how much boost could i run before It can seriously damage my car quick? i thought maybe 3-4 psi until i get the internals? someone please help.
Old 10-23-2007
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

25 PSI no problem

use the search button...
Old 10-23-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dopes6070
25 PSI no problem

use the search button...
I did use the search button but 25 psi i believe is way to much if i went turbo w/o internals. that seems liek it would destroy my engine. I wanted to knwo the best kit or best individual things. I've had a turbo once and never got to put it on my last car. I know this website that sells a kit for the d17a2 motor.
http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...505/index.html

I get alot of things there. but also if there a way i can with like a turn of a **** or flip a switch to turn off boost for normal driving?
Old 10-23-2007
This is Myspace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

the 25 psi was a joke letsfight...

3-4 psi...thats not boost.. thats just a waste of money or driving without a tune.. thats not boost, and if u really are seriously going to buy a turbo.. dont get a turbo kit unless its from Dezod, theres seems to be the most user friendly. or you can just peice one together yourself... regardless. SEARCH.. you obviously are not searching the right way or somethign. all of this can be found
Old 10-23-2007
Registered!!

yeah i'm probably not searching the right way
Old 10-23-2007
Premium Member

dopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond reputedopes6070 has a reputation beyond repute

Dezod.com has everything you need. Nobody will want to really say whets safe for a stock engine since it may only hold 5 lbs of boost. Others could hold 12 - 14. There are just too many variables to say whets safe. I wouldn’t expect much more then 200whp reliably unless the engine is built. The reason for me saying 25 psi is that your question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. You should really probably make a new thread and/or search to see what turbo setups other people are running.
Old 10-23-2007
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dopes6070
Dezod.com has everything you need. Nobody will want to really say whets safe for a stock engine since it may only hold 5 lbs of boost. Others could hold 12 - 14. There are just too many variables to say whets safe. I wouldn’t expect much more then 200whp reliably unless the engine is built. The reason for me saying 25 psi is that your question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. You should really probably make a new thread and/or search to see what turbo setups other people are running.

see I started another thread and it got locked and was told to go here. and i search everwhere but when someone says "i have it turboed with 9PSI" they usually aren;t stating if the engine is built or not so I don;t know.
Old 10-24-2007

Jesus Christ, quit cluttering up the forum with your bullshit. If you actually searched and read through, I have about 91 pages of my turbo install which is running on stock internals at 9 psi.

Oh and I also have a complete list of what parts and where I got them to get where I am.

Everytime I look in a thread, you've posted some contradictory BS about this or that. This thread is for turbo'd members to support each with their problems. Not spoon feed the noob.
Old 10-24-2007
7th Gen Photographer

Jesus Clint... you are ANGRY. Just because you got your thread closed doesn't mean you gotta shut him down so quick! I didn't even get a chance to have a piece!
Old 10-24-2007
Premium Member

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light

yeah so my drive shaft wore a hole in one of my boost pipes. fixed it with a radiator hose and worm clamps. took about an hour and a half to find it and fix it. this is like the second or third hole in three years. i need to get the whole system redone.
Old 10-24-2007
7th Gen Photographer

Ummm... how do your pipes route that it rubs? Is yours one of those setups that don't send both charge pipes down the passenger side?
Old 10-24-2007

That was posted before my thread got locked. And after I've read through about 9 pages of contradictory posts and evidence of NOT SEARCHING by the OP. I actually wasn't angry this morning. But yeah I am now. More disappointed than anything. /threadjack
Old 10-24-2007
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by letsfightfelipe
yeah i'm probably not searching the right way
Not even using the search fucntion you should be able to get ALL your questions answered HERE!
Old 10-24-2007
Premium Member

When I was a newb I searched and read posts for days before I would even ask any questions because chances are its been asked and answered before. Aaaah the good old days…. I'm going to say it again RIP 7thgen :sad:

The remaining members who actually do give a **** don’t want to waste time to sift through off topic posts in threads that could otherwise be important! Either find a dead thread and bring it back if it hasn’t been answered (it has many times so don’t) or READ THE FAQs. Maybe if enough people bitch you will get the point.

Ok back on topic!

I haven't had any problems with my turbo setup except for blowing a couple charge pipes and the brake booster vacuum line after upping the boost. FUN FUN!
Old 10-24-2007
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute

BTW i've lost track of time.... one problem in 2-3????? years blown tranny..... knock on wood!
Old 11-10-2007

So, here's my latest, semi-duplicate post of problems.

Leakdown test says this:

Cyl #1 - 8% loss
Cyl #2 - 25% loss
Cyl #3 - 20% loss
Cyl #4 - 8% loss

Hopefully just the HG. Alternator occasionally freaks out from getting too hot on the track that day. Voltage is not stable (13 - 14.1 occasional fluctuation), so it throws everything off. That's it for now. Once I replace the head, I'll run another leakdown to make sure my rings aren't blown on 2 and 3.
Old 11-20-2007
Registered!!

boostedem2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright I'll post mine. I bought my intercooler and my piping from dezod. my downpipe i got made custom by a local shop, i had to go back four times for the welds would not hold!! I put my used turbo i bought on ebay on and it leaked oil, so i bought a new one!! got the turbo checked and didn't realize that the gasket for the oil return line had no hole in it so the oil could not go anywhere!! then I am running five pounds right now because I do not know how to put the rsx injectors in they won't fit, can someone help??
Old 11-21-2007

Dude. Are you running 5 psi on stock injectors?! You're asking for trouble if you haven't already gotten it in the form of serious detonation from leaning out.

RSX-S injectors are drop-in , you just need to stack some washers on the little black spacer to double the height (like having two spacers) and the rail fits back on. I replaced the stock studs with longer ones (or you can use a bolt with the same thread pitch) because I think the stockers are a touch too short.
Old 11-21-2007
Registered!!

tuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to alltuningmycivic is a name known to all

so is there like a member list?? i've come to claim my number.....

Quick Reply: T.E.A.R.S. - Turbocharged Engines Anonymous Relief and Support Thread