Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

some possible experiments

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
widegts is on a distinguished road
some possible experiments

Hey guys, I have a few ideas I want to run by you guys.

1. I think we should start a map data base on this site for comparision reasons. This would not be meant to give everyone free maps. This would be more of a help if anything, say your having trouble in certain load cells, you can compare your values to the maps in the data base, thus possibly resolving your problem. All you have to do is send me a map, can be one you used or the current map on your car. Please let me know what turbo, any other major mods done including the psi boosting at, what ecu, the year and model (ex, lx ect). I think this will be a great help to the already boosted community. (we have one of these on the celica community and is a very good tool to inform others about how to tune, what values different things should be set at ect.

2. Also I want to do a down pipe comparison with flow bench numbers. For this it will be alittle more difficult. I would need a replica of your down pipe with out flanges (make it out of pvc). It will need to have exact shape, size and length Send it to me and I will have it made out of metal pipe and have it tested. Once I test the down pipes I will do some more experimenting with different size pipes such as 3 in and 2.75 in and other variables. I will report my findings in a thread here and you can dicusss. (I will pay for shipping and the pvc pipe costs) Dezod doesnt want to participate in this when they could get free flow bench numbers for some reason or another.

if you are interested please pm me on this site or email me at
flatline16@comcast.net

What do you think about these experiments guys? Good or bad input is gladly accepted.
Old 03-19-2007
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future
best luck with you bud.
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
Old 03-19-2007
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Dezod doesnt want to participate in this for the same reason as no one else who makes things would want to. You can buy it and test it yourself, and 2, you can copy it for free. Quite franky, this all smells a little fishy to me and it sounds like you're trying to swipe everyone elses work.
I'm pulling the plug on this until you can prove that this is for a school project or some other reason that is useful for a non-profit purpose. People spend hundreds of dollars getting dynotuned maps, and aren't going to be likely to dump them onto the open market for free swiping, same goes with downpipes which are usually a couple hundred bucks to make. You copy them all, then blue print them and replicate them, at the same time pulling this bend from DP A and this part of DP B, coming up with a completely optimized downpipe which then presumably you'll turn around and attempt to sell.

Last edited by Boilermaker1; 03-19-2007 at 05:30 PM.