Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

MANIFOLDS HKS or DEZOD Best way to go??

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jwasiliw is an unknown quantity at this point
MANIFOLDS HKS or DEZOD Best way to go??

What's the best way to go in terms of manifolds HKS or DEzod???

Has anyone had problems with either or them
Old 03-18-2007
Registered!!

ST8RACE has a spectacular aura aboutST8RACE has a spectacular aura aboutST8RACE has a spectacular aura about
dezod. better product,better service, expert tech assistance. and of course
better performance.
Old 03-18-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
Originally Posted by ST8RACE
dezod. better product,better service, expert tech assistance. and of course
better performance.
what he said Dezod FTW
Old 03-18-2007
Registered!!

_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough_unclejuice is a jewel in the rough
dezod has put more r&d into the d17 than hks ever thought about. dezod all the way.
Old 03-18-2007
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
NOTHING against Dezods manifold at all but there is NOTHING wrong with the HKS manifold. They both do the exzact same thing they just get there differently. Its all a matter of what you want out of your system. My HKS fits PERFECTLY and i know of no known issues at all with them.
Old 03-19-2007
The World Is Yours!

burke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond reputeburke420 has a reputation beyond repute
i would rec. DEZOD for their R&D into the d17, i dont yet have a turbo kit, but i am going to go DEZOD all-the -way.
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
dezod duh.
Old 03-19-2007
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
well, i suppose it depends on what turbo you plan on running. dezods manifolds are t3 footed. hks works well with t25.
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
^^^
Exactly.
None is betther than the other, since thay are not comparible, they serve different turbo needs..

Dezod = t3 footed, HKS = t2 footed.

Both of good quality as far as I'm aware.

Last edited by 03-Acura-1.7-EL; 03-19-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-19-2007

skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
as a matter of fact, boilermaker is running the HKS manifold and he made more power on the dyno than i did with a dezod EL manifold. allbeit not a massive difference in power, but noticable. Besides the manifold (and obviously turbo size and type) the only thing he has different over my setup is vtec.
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

junior h.m is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by skipbarber
the only thing he has different over my setup is vtec.
theres your answer why he's making that lil bit of horsepower
Old 03-19-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
dezod!
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
Originally Posted by junior h.m
dont forget ones running a t25 and ones running a t3
Old 03-19-2007

orly? i had no idea

but seriously, youre kidding me right? you dont actually think that im clueless as to why bolilers setup made more power than mine?
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

junior h.m is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by skipbarber
orly? i had no idea

but seriously, youre kidding me right? you dont actually think that im clueless as to why bolilers setup made more power than mine?
gor a minute their seems like you didnt
Old 03-19-2007
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
One thing that MANY 7thgeners are over looking is the tune and engine management used and boost pressures being run. If for example, one D17 is tuned over the other, the tune one will produce much more power than the other regardless of manifold configuration. The EL mani will only shine on higher boosting scenarios, which is why people like Andy running 18 PSI make peak boost VERY quickly and hold it to redline. So the more power point is moot....Also, I did not see his dyno. Link?
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

widegts is on a distinguished road
I dont see why half of the members that posted say dezod. You dont have proof that their manifold is better. You need flowbench numbers to prove it. I havent seen anything to prove that it is better. You people need to pull your head out of the sand and look at values. Hks, is a bigger company and has ALOT more money than dezod to hire professional engineers to design products that are optimal. Im not saying dezods manifold is no good, or hks manifold is better. Dezods manifold is run of the mill welded manifold while hks is cast iron and will probably last longer than dezods. Both designs look similar but values need to be present to actually see which one performs better.

Dezod how do you know your exhaust manifold does better at higher boost?, do you have any other proof besides hp? Hp is not revealant when it comes to which is better. Have you produced any cfm readings under that pressure?You really cant say for certain that the manifold contributes to fast spooling and holding redline. That all depends on the design of the rest of the kit.
Old 03-19-2007
Registered!!

ronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond reputeronaldo9 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey man I'm impartial to both sides. But I love a good argument. Dezod has done research and test their products. There is an old thread that I'm positive shows the cfm numbers. But even still how do you explain Wilmnchris making 172hp on 5psi on an auto? Granted he has one heck of a nice fuel system that the PCS offers but that must show you that the design is quality? What more can you ask for? I'm just making an argument and not just jumping on the dezod bandwagon. Paul has delivered for better and for worse. We're seeing that right now with the pnp head. The numbers won't lie. My 2 cents.
Old 03-19-2007
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Boilers isnt JUST a t25, its a GT28R. big difference
Old 03-19-2007
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
if you go with hks, head over to jet-hot.com and get it looking nice.
Old 03-19-2007

gor a minute their seems like you didnt
actually, for a minute there it seems like i did. I clearly stated the differences between his setup and mine along with my rationalization for the fact that his setup generated more power.

as for Paul, I don't know if you meant my dyno or Boilers, but here is mine:

t3 super 60 blowing .4 bar (~5.8 psi), 2.25 piping, emanage blue shooting rsx-s injectors. Next month I'll be jacking up fuel pressure and running the AEM EMS. Shortly after that I'm doing a vtec head swap with a crower turbo cam and cranking up the boost to at least 8 psi.
Old 03-19-2007

Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Hey man I'm impartial to both sides. But I love a good argument. Dezod has done research and test their products. There is an old thread that I'm positive shows the cfm numbers. But even still how do you explain Wilmnchris making 172hp on 5psi on an auto? Granted he has one heck of a nice fuel system that the PCS offers but that must show you that the design is quality? What more can you ask for? I'm just making an argument and not just jumping on the dezod bandwagon. Paul has delivered for better and for worse. We're seeing that right now with the pnp head. The numbers won't lie. My 2 cents.
172? not according to dezods website..

Dyno results-The system belted out 164whp & 142wtq on 5 PSI with an automatic transmission.
Old 03-20-2007
Registered!!

Logan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to allLogan3024 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by ronaldo9
Lets not forget that those number were made from a dynapack, which measures at the hub and gives 10-15% higher numbers than a dynojet or a mustang dyno, which gives whp not hub hp. throw that auto on a real dyno and it would read about 155whp, IF that.

But Dezod does make a nice manifold, so does HKS
Old 03-20-2007
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
Originally Posted by widegts
I dont see why half of the members that posted say dezod. You dont have proof that their manifold is better. You need flowbench numbers to prove it. I havent seen anything to prove that it is better. You people need to pull your head out of the sand and look at values. Hks, is a bigger company and has ALOT more money than dezod to hire professional engineers to design products that are optimal. Im not saying dezods manifold is no good, or hks manifold is better. Dezods manifold is run of the mill welded manifold while hks is cast iron and will probably last longer than dezods. Both designs look similar but values need to be present to actually see which one performs better.

Dezod how do you know your exhaust manifold does better at higher boost?, do you have any other proof besides hp? Hp is not revealant when it comes to which is better. Have you produced any cfm readings under that pressure?You really cant say for certain that the manifold contributes to fast spooling and holding redline. That all depends on the design of the rest of the kit.
My head has been out of the sand for a long time now. First let me say that both manifolds are good. any difference would be minute at best. This does not include dezods EL mani that is a different story. I just want to explain why I said dezod. You mention "That all depends on the design of the rest of the kit" which is correct. I agree, but wait where is hks's kit?? oh yah.. they threw it in the dumpster and gave up on the d17 a long time ago. with all thier money and professional engineers they could not come up with a marketable kit. they left us with a manifold.
dezod has continually improved all aspects of thier kit either to make it perform better or to make it more affordable to the end user. they have and continue to support the 7th gen community.
HKS can kiss my ***. With both products being equal or very close to equal in performance and longevity, I say pick dezod everytime.
Old 03-20-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Re: MANIFOLDS HKS or DEZOD Best way to go??

well said^
Old 03-21-2007
A long winded 7th genr

Eyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond reputeEyger has a reputation beyond repute

This is interesting to hear all of the opinions. HKS is a great company. Dezod, although I've never bought anything from them has a very good reputation. I think that the answer to this question lies only beyond the answer to further questions. What kind of turbo are you using. What is your desired boost setting? Not you mention: Which do you think is more sightly under the hood? (If that's important to you.) When you answer all of the questions like that. you'll be able to choose a manifold. Because I believe that if you don't know which manifold to choose, you need to step back and take a look at the other factors as well.
Old 03-21-2007
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough

I just wanted to add that Dezod is not a run of the mill company with our cars. They've test and gone thro a couple of versions now, learning more with each one. They also just resently got a company to start producing the manifolds for them if I remeber correctly. If I would go with anything it'd be Dezod because you can get proven quality from an entire kit. Dezod is also very active on a couple of forums so if you have a problem its very easy to get it sorted out.