Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Tsi Injector Box ????

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dipset82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Tsi Injector Box ????

I was wondering if anyone has had a problem w/the TSI kit display box cutting out on them i had a D17A1 blew it went to the A2 put my turbo and everything back on ran the car for apporx. a week and all of a sudden it's starting boggin down on me shiftin from 2ndto3rd and from 3rd to 4th i got home the turbo timer was staying engaged even w/the e-brake down and was making a crazy noise from under my dash where the black box is (kinda the same noise when you put metal in the microwave) i had to pull my fuse from the fuel pump 2 cut it off. I left it on the curb came back from work and started it up drove it around the block and it was good until i hit boost then car just cut off. This all happened within a weeks time i since have'nt driven the car except today i took it to my boys shop and he looked at it and said he thinks its the injector control box. He said it cost 400 hundred to replace. Any one have a cheaper one or think that i should just get emanage. Thanxs
Old 09-02-2006
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
hate to say I told you so but get rid of that thing and go with rsx injectors and e-manage you can get it for the price of that box and have more control

Last edited by eye_see_you; 09-03-2006 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-03-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Does your TSI electronic boost gauge work?
Old 09-03-2006
Registered!!

Boost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura aboutBoost_Junkie has a spectacular aura about
my kit came with it and i just threw it out right away...

rsx injectors + aem ems ftw
Old 09-04-2006
Registered!!

dipset82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by eye_see_you
hate to say I told you so but get rid of that thing and go with rsx injectors and e-manage you can get it for the price of that box and have more control
Yeah i guess you were right but who tunes around here other than Stoopid i don't really wanna run it w/o being tuned again
Old 09-04-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by dipset82
I was wondering if anyone has had a problem w/the TSI kit display box cutting out on them i had a D17A1 blew it went to the A2 put my turbo and everything back on ran the car for apporx. a week and all of a sudden it's starting boggin down on me shiftin from 2ndto3rd and from 3rd to 4th i got home the turbo timer was staying engaged even w/the e-brake down and was making a crazy noise from under my dash where the black box is (kinda the same noise when you put metal in the microwave) i had to pull my fuse from the fuel pump 2 cut it off. I left it on the curb came back from work and started it up drove it around the block and it was good until i hit boost then car just cut off. This all happened within a weeks time i since have'nt driven the car except today i took it to my boys shop and he looked at it and said he thinks its the injector control box. He said it cost 400 hundred to replace. Any one have a cheaper one or think that i should just get emanage. Thanxs
Does your TSI electronic boost gauge work?
Old 09-05-2006
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dipset82
Yeah i guess you were right but who tunes around here other than Stoopid i don't really wanna run it w/o being tuned again
besides stoopid there is a place in austin that he meets up at sometimes as well as there are tuners there

e-manage is the cheaper option for you right now
Old 09-19-2006
Boosting Daily

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
EternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the roughEternalBlue_Vic is a jewel in the rough
Ugh, throw that crap out! I ran TSI's injector block fuel system on my 02 civic and it was the worst fuel system i've ever had experience with. It loved to reset itself on me from time to time. Took days to get the tuning right from scratch even using wideband tuning, and all of a sudden you'd boggle in a gear and glance over at your AFR and your friggin running in the 20's!! Loved it, absolutely loved it. :S