Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Updates on some stuff

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Updates on some stuff

Well our Version 3 turbo manifold is done and ready to roll for the most part.

This manifold will be the manifold in all our of D17 turbo systems from now on. The design and technology behind the collector has been proven for up to 500whp on several applications.

Our Version 2 Equal Length Manifold has been discontinued. Sorry fellas!

Our Version 3 Equal Length Manifold has been discontinued too. The labor costs, materials and all makes us ask a high dollar price tag for these manifolds, and they will not sell at that price. So, it has been discontinued. This one pictured is a 1-off custom unit now, and has a good home on a real nice D17 in the making.

Our Version 3 Downpipe assembly for the turbo system is complete. It is equipped with 3 O2 bungs. 2 for the sensors, 1 additional for a wideband O2 sensor.

It is all polished stainless steel and has much smoother bends for better exhaust flow than the previous versions. Also this will help DX/LX guys convert to EX exhausts easily.

Our V3 charge piping and intercooler are nearly complete as well. These hopefully we can have tackled VERY soon. I will post pics soon as we have some.

Polished stainless charge pipes, and a bar and plate intercooler.

Sneak peak of the new charge pipes 90% done.

Our CNC throttle bodies.........Scott is still behind on..............

Same with the fuel rail and intake manifold..................................

FYI we are WD for

We also now have a REAL nice turbo in stock custom spec'd for the D17 using Turbonetics Technology.

That's it guys! Enjoy!!!!!

Last edited by dezod; 06-09-2006 at 09:49 AM.
Old 06-07-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
That sucks about the Intake manifold and the TB. When Majin decides to sell his ported D16y8 manifold I'll be picking that up. Did you have any estimated time frames on the TB and when it'll be retail ready?
Old 06-07-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Agree!

hows bought the mani & TB
Old 06-07-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Scott is soo back logged with this magazine thing we are doing it's crazy. We are having a meeting Wednesday next week about the IM and TB.
Old 06-07-2006
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Cool!

Thanks Again Paul for my stickers!(got them yesterday!!!)
Old 06-08-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by 02BLKCIVIC
Cool!

Thanks Again Paul for my stickers!(got them yesterday!!!)
Welcome!

Our old intercooler piping alone was $500, and now we have even better piping ready for individual sale at $399.

If you want to include our new bar and plate intercooler once it's done, you can get charge pipes and an intercooler for$$750! Schweet.

Pics to come later.

Last edited by dezod; 06-08-2006 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-08-2006
Remebers the old days

CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light
This is just my Luck. Cant have ****. I just put your EL mani on my things I am going to buy next and now its gone. AHHHHRRRR. Would you do case by case deal? I really want your EL mani and DP combo. You are the only person I know that makes a quality EL mani for the car. Damnit always a day late and doller short. story of my life.
Old 06-08-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by CrewChief
This is just my Luck. Cant have ****. I just put your EL mani on my things I am going to buy next and now its gone. AHHHHRRRR. Would you do case by case deal? I really want your EL mani and DP combo. You are the only person I know that makes a quality EL mani for the car. Damnit always a day late and doller short. story of my life.
Steve if the last one here falls through on a deal, it's yours. Othwerwise we are not producing this item at all anymore.
Old 06-08-2006
Remebers the old days

CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light
well lets just hope the guy is a flake. lol. Cause Im not. lol.
Old 06-08-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by CrewChief
well lets just hope the guy is a flake. lol. Cause Im not. lol.
I know.............I will let you know hopefully by this time next week.
Old 06-08-2006
Remebers the old days

I'll be waiting patiently. And for me thats a streach cause when it comes to my car I am not patient. lol.
Old 06-08-2006
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light
Paul this is music to my ears!!!!! I got the biz cards for the show this weekend actually half are already gone.
Old 06-08-2006
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
That is very nice. Talk about being on the level. That el is rediculous, I saw the jet hot chrome soem where on here, it is just plain nasty.
Too bad I have decided to stay stock and hold out for two years, and THEN its audi time.
I might, maybe, well perhaps I will...
Any way props to you, are you going to OC this weekend, Im leaving in 30 mins

Last edited by jackburton; 06-08-2006 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-08-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
whens the fuel rail coming out?
Old 06-09-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Civicman1988
whens the fuel rail coming out?
About a month or 2.

Sneak peak at the charge piping..........

Last edited by dezod; 06-09-2006 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

WilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of lightWilmncChris is a glorious beacon of light
Hell ye those charge pipes look great!!!
Old 06-09-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Thanks!!!!
Old 06-09-2006
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah they do....
Oh and a quick plug, anyone looking for a d16 manifold, let me know.
Old 06-09-2006
Registered!!

looks like the kit is moving along really well
Old 06-09-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Yes it is. Just needs a little more TLC in the intercooler area and we are ready to begin full swing production.
Old 06-10-2006
Registered!!

kingofheartz will become famous soon enoughkingofheartz will become famous soon enough
keep up the good work cuz im getting pretty serious bout getting a kit in the near future
Old 06-10-2006
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
yep, it seems that with stuff like the crazy exhaust manifolds and intake manifolds and such, there is so much hand work that if you cant make and sell them in descent numbers the production costs are rediculous. It ends up being such a pain in the butt to keep doing setups here and there that you wind up going backwards even while charging rediculous prices. I deal with that every day at my job so I can completely understand the situation, Dezod. Hence the reason I wont make any intake manifolds for less than like a bazillion dollars hehe. It screws up production in my shop and in my friends machine shop which are both backlogged for 4+ months on a regular basis.
Old 06-10-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by 02fpcivic
yep, it seems that with stuff like the crazy exhaust manifolds and intake manifolds and such, there is so much hand work that if you cant make and sell them in descent numbers the production costs are rediculous. It ends up being such a pain in the butt to keep doing setups here and there that you wind up going backwards even while charging rediculous prices. I deal with that every day at my job so I can completely understand the situation, Dezod. Hence the reason I wont make any intake manifolds for less than like a bazillion dollars hehe. It screws up production in my shop and in my friends machine shop which are both backlogged for 4+ months on a regular basis.
Exactly.
Old 06-10-2006
Registered!!

Ye I agree with that. But with all the changes and upgrades that Dezod has done for our D17 engine, the price is really not that bad for what you get. And they are flat out honest with thier products. Paul always infroms me about the updates on the V3 kit, not many companies do that.
Old 06-11-2006
Registered!!

trurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the rough
Dezod, are you guys going to sell your intercoolers individually also ?
Old 06-11-2006
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
I think he already does.
Old 06-11-2006
Registered!!

trurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the roughtrurace is a jewel in the rough
I dont think so. He sells universal intercooler. Im talking about the intercoolers with the in/out on one side.
Old 06-11-2006
Registered!!

trurace they are working on the new intercooler. I am sure once they are done they will offer the intercooler for purchase.
Old 06-11-2006
Registered!!

Thanks, just wondering because with the V2 i dont think he sold those intercoolers individualy
Old 06-11-2006
Registered!!

Well as soon as get the V3 i will take pics so you can see what the new intercooler is like

Quick Reply: Updates on some stuff