Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Starting my K20 swap, need advice on where to start looking for parts.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
Starting my K20 swap, need advice on where to start looking for parts.

I am looking for the small parts first, and will leave the engine/trans for last. Anyone have any tips on where to look for everything?

I've tried car-part.com - kind of hard to find anything on there, smaller stuff.
k20a.org - helps, but not really because most of the people there do swaps into older gen's.
clubrsx.com - better, but still hard.
ephatch.com - same as clubrsx.com

i will try local junk yards, and hopefully i can score some of the parts, has anyone who did the swap gone to the dealer to find the parts?

i'm taking my time with this, so it won't be done for almost a year, hopefully.

any help appreciated. thanks
Old 06-03-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
Well the best way would find a RSX type-s car in a junk year thats you can use basicly everything in the engine bay. Cuz right there you can get everything you will need in 1 stop but your Kpro and the motor mounts. But if your not looking for a K20a2 then just have to look around and there are some sites that have the motors. Also you can buy new parts from honda/acura but they gunna cost more then a junk yard..
Old 06-03-2006
Registered!!

vacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the roughvacivic2005 is a jewel in the rough
yeah i'm going to call around junk yards in my area. i just want the parts, the motor/tranny, kpro, and esk1 will come last. i need everything else though.

but i'm going to call junk yards here, and hopefully one of them has either an ep3 or dc5, from the DIY, looks like i need parts from both.

thanks.
Old 06-03-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
Well you dont really need parts from both. Just depends like, you can use the RSX or Si sub frame, RSX or Si axels, and RSX or Si radiator. So yeah..
Old 06-03-2006
Registered!!

mexinaction will become famous soon enoughmexinaction will become famous soon enough
im getting most of my parts from Hybrid Racing and Hasport. i wouldnt buy directly form them cuz they are a little overprices. search on google for hasport mount and you will get lower prices

also try South Bay Honda for OEM parts. their cheap and shipping is low.
Old 06-03-2006
Registered!!

i'm in VA, so that wouldn't help. I actually found some junk yards in the area, sent them an email for a price quote for these:

RSX Throttle Cable
RSX Fuel Line
RSX Brake Booster Line
RSX Purge Line
RSX Subframe
RSX High Pressure Power Steering Hose
RSX Power Steering Return Line
RSX Intermediate Shaft

not sure if they'd let me go pick it off the car, or something though.
Old 06-04-2006
Registered!!

You dont have to use the RSX throttle cable, you can use a D16 motor throttle cable its cheaper and easyer to find.. There is a list of everything you will need for the swap. It even says what car you can get it out fof to save $. Also give some prices of new parts from a dealer..
Old 06-04-2006
Registered!!

Dfresh7 is an unknown quantity at this point
do you have a link to the list of everything needed?
Old 06-04-2006
Registered!!

mexinaction will become famous soon enoughmexinaction will become famous soon enough
OEM Honda Parts (They are a dealership)

http://www.hondapartscheap.com
i have ordered from them and everything is packages properly and fast shipping as well

OEM Acura Parts (Also a dealership)

http://www.acuraoemparts.com
Old 06-04-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Dfresh7
do you have a link to the list of everything needed?
http://www.hasport.com/Tech/Installs/ESK1.htm

http://www.xproductionz.com/k20swap/k20swap.html

Originally Posted by mexinaction
OEM Honda Parts (They are a dealership)

http://www.hondapartscheap.com
i have ordered from them and everything is packages properly and fast shipping as well

OEM Acura Parts (Also a dealership)

http://www.acuraoemparts.com
great, thanks. similar to hondaautomotiveparts.com (majestic honda)

browsing on http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...IPE&pp=0&np=25

not sure which is the "RSX Fuel Line" there's so many different types .

Last edited by vacivic2005; 06-04-2006 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-04-2006

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
xproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nicexproductionz is just really nice
sometimes i wonder if anyone reads the "stickies" anymore.. lol

anyways.. like DUDEitsMATTx was saying... most if not almost all the parts can come from any car either it be the BASE rsx Type S rsx or even SI because they use the same motor setup... so when going around looking for parts and u ask if they have it for a RSX.. make sure u ask if they have the other 2 cars too..

as for axles you can only use the BASE rsx or SI axles on the swap.. if you use the TYPE S you would also need the knucke and hub and basically convert to a 5-lug

Originally Posted by vacivic2005
i'm in VA, so that wouldn't help. I actually found some junk yards in the area, sent them an email for a price quote for these:

RSX Throttle Cable
RSX Fuel Line
RSX Brake Booster Line
RSX Purge Line
RSX Subframe
RSX High Pressure Power Steering Hose
RSX Power Steering Return Line
RSX Intermediate Shaft

not sure if they'd let me go pick it off the car, or something though.
make sure u read the DIY cause there are stuff on ur list that you dont need to get

Last edited by xproductionz; 06-04-2006 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-04-2006
Registered!!

Yea deff lisen to xproductionz hes know his stuff on swaps.. I really wanna do a swap on my car but I just cant decide if I wanna spend that kinda $$
Old 06-05-2006
Registered!!

thanks, i been reading the DIY, just not the rest of the 30 pages of stuff. will do though.

Originally Posted by xproductionz

anyways.. like DUDEitsMATTx was saying... most if not almost all the parts can come from any car either it be the BASE rsx Type S rsx or even SI because they use the same motor setup... so when going around looking for parts and u ask if they have it for a RSX.. make sure u ask if they have the other 2 cars too..

as for axles you can only use the BASE rsx or SI axles on the swap.. if you use the TYPE S you would also need the knucke and hub and basically convert to a 5-lug

make sure u read the DIY cause there are stuff on ur list that you dont need to get
I read all 5 pages of the DIY thread, i didn't see anywhere, where it listed what i did not need, from that list. maybe you can point me in the right place?

Originally Posted by xproductionz

I read all 5 pages of the DIY thread, i didn't see anywhere, where it listed what i did not need, from that list. maybe you can point me in the right place?

Last edited by vacivic2005; 06-05-2006 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-05-2006
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
get the motor first before getting other little things
Old 06-06-2006
Registered!!

k24/20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by HondaLuver
get the motor first before getting other little things
i aggree with you i would get the motor and tranny first