Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

tsi turbo in progress

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ill02civic will become famous soon enoughill02civic will become famous soon enough
tsi turbo in progress

finally me and my cuzn decided to go all out saturday...started at 2-3 in the afternoon w/ some HELPLINE CALLES from pple in this forum =)...we ended at 3 in the morning finishing EVERYTHING except the electronics... .... i had some problems like one bolt won't budge out near the catlytic converter ... had the powertools and sprayed liqued wrench to loosen the rusted bolt up..but, still won't ****in budge and also the small tude from the intake to the engine does not fit ...the hole is too small..... ... anyways the only thing i didn't like where the bov is located...on the tsi kit ..its located between pipe 6 & 5 ..the only way to get to it if u crawl underneath towards the driver side ....pain in the ***...DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN INSTALL THE BOV BESIDES THAT ONE SPOT FOR AN EZ ACCESS , JUS INCASE I WANT TO CHANGE IT ? ? let me know ... THANKS

here are the pix .have fune..

my other car project car at a friends house getn tools while the turbo on the civic is working on

TSI HARDWARES ..
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y51...i/37f0e7f6.jpg

T25 GARRETT TURBO:

engine bay ..:

driver side intercooler :

close fit ..

[B]driver side intercooler:[/B]

TRYIN TO SEE WHERE WE CAN PUT THE BOV ON TOP BESIDES UNDERNEATH THE CAR WHERE IT BELONGS ....:hithead:

I STILL NEED TO PUT CLAMPS ON THOSE PIPINGS =) more to come ....stay tune......

Last edited by ill02civic; 03-26-2006 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-26-2006
Registered!!

Mike04Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
looks clean!! that will be some nice ****. Is your car auto or manual?
I want to get a TSI kit for my 04 EM2, but I'm not sure how well the kit would fit on my car since the automatic trans. takes-up more room.
Old 03-26-2006
Registered!!

BoostedVik is an unknown quantity at this point
bov placement

you can put the bov anywhere after the intercooler, i thinks pipes from 3-6. but the best place is where they want it. cuz when ur driving , u can hear the bov its right there on the drivers side. its a sweet bov. ahh on the difficulty of the installation of the bov, just lift the car, let ur buddy hold pipe 5 and you from the bottom while you adjust the bov where to point, cuz if the bov is not pointing in the right direction it might be hitting steering arm. while you are putting the pipe 6 from the top, its really hard like u said, but its doable... hope everything goes good for u...

rep me if i helped...
Old 03-26-2006
Registered!!

ill02civic will become famous soon enoughill02civic will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Mike04Civic
looks clean!! that will be some nice ****. Is your car auto or manual?
I want to get a TSI kit for my 04 EM2, but I'm not sure how well the kit would fit on my car since the automatic trans. takes-up more room.
thanks bro .... its manual ..

Originally Posted by BoostedVik
you can put the bov anywhere after the intercooler, i thinks pipes from 3-6. but the best place is where they want it. cuz when ur driving , u can hear the bov its right there on the drivers side. its a sweet bov. ahh on the difficulty of the installation of the bov, just lift the car, let ur buddy hold pipe 5 and you from the bottom while you adjust the bov where to point, cuz if the bov is not pointing in the right direction it might be hitting steering arm. while you are putting the pipe 6 from the top, its really hard like u said, but its doable... hope everything goes good for u...

rep me if i helped...
yah i guess i jus have to put it where its suppose to be .

Last edited by ill02civic; 03-26-2006 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-26-2006
Registered!!

Fuel option

What fuel option did you go with????
Old 03-26-2006
Registered!!

What fuel option did you go with????
im using tsi fuel option w/ the extra injectors for now till i get an emanage ..no money as of right now ... i already have rsx injectors ...so yah , i wanna see how it runs w/ tsi fuel option....
Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

AznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really niceAznChinksta is just really nice
NICE!!!!!! i cant wait to put mines in =D post some vids, are u using the TSI BOV? i wanna know how it sounds
Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by AznChinksta
NICE!!!!!! i cant wait to put mines in =D post some vids, are u using the TSI BOV? i wanna know how it sounds

heheh...yah im using the tsi bov...i heard it sounds like the truck's bov ...you know what i mean .. not those hks greddy whistling type ... but yah man .. put urz on .. can't wait till everything minez done ....
Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
looks good man!
Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

Tsi Bov

The TSI BOV sounds sweet, but with my driving, under 3K rpm i always here my wastegate, its sweeeeeeeeeeeet.. grabs everyones attention, even cops, old ladies. yeah unwanted attention, and anyone who wants to race you hears the bov, suddenly back off... its sweet, u dont have to race everyone on the street. usually coming home U HAVE TO race at least 5 people, but with a turbo no one even bothers u.... once u get it started u will know what i am talking about.... later YO
Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by exturbo6
looks good man!
thanks bro

The TSI BOV sounds sweet, but with my driving, under 3K rpm i always here my wastegate, its sweeeeeeeeeeeet.. grabs everyones attention, even cops, old ladies. yeah unwanted attention, and anyone who wants to race you hears the bov, suddenly back off... its sweet, u dont have to race everyone on the street. usually coming home U HAVE TO race at least 5 people, but with a turbo no one even bothers u.... once u get it started u will know what i am talking about.... later YO

thanks bro..i just hope the tsi fuel setup holdsup till i get my emanage...

Last edited by ill02civic; 03-27-2006 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
TSI injectors with control box will hold up fine. This isvery good fuel option for mild boost levels and its very flexible and easy to adjust. If you tune your air/fuel with it on the dyno I think you will be happy to find out how good and safe it is.
Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 03-Acura-1.7-EL
TSI injectors with control box will hold up fine. This isvery good fuel option for mild boost levels and its very flexible and easy to adjust. If you tune your air/fuel with it on the dyno I think you will be happy to find out how good and safe it is.

k good looks bro .... whats the max psi i can put it on w/ the tsi fuel unit ?i hear 6 is the max, cuz the kit doesn't come w/ a boost control ...
Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light03-Acura-1.7-EL is a glorious beacon of light
Few people has run it 10-13psi daily for number of months.
EYE_SEE_YOU is one of them and he had it on auto box.
You cant runt it lower than 5-6 psi, but you can up it up if you want.
TSI controller is very handy, it has boost gauge, turbo timer, tach and whole bunch of fuel ajustments.
Only thing its missing is ignition timing adjustment, but I think emange has it.
Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

Few people has run it 10-13psi daily for number of months.
EYE_SEE_YOU is one of them and he had it on auto box.
You cant runt it lower than 5-6 psi, but you can up it up if you want.
TSI controller is very handy, it has boost gauge, turbo timer, tach and whole bunch of fuel ajustments.
Only thing its missing is ignition timing adjustment, but I think emange has it.

hmMm thats interesting....somebody told me from this forum that i can't run my car w/ the tsi unit system more than 6 psi since it doesn't have a boost control...once i get a boost control..then i can run more psi.... im gettin different answer from other pple...i don't know which to believe ...hahahah....
Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

280zforce will become famous soon enough280zforce will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ill02civic
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN INSTALL THE BOV BESIDES THAT ONE SPOT FOR AN EZ ACCESS , JUS INCASE I WANT TO CHANGE IT?
usually it goes around 8-12" from the TB...but damn that sh*t is really cramped in there isnt it? as long as it's on the piping between the TB and I/C...u'll be fine.
Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ill02civic
hmMm thats interesting....somebody told me from this forum that i can't run my car w/ the tsi unit system more than 6 psi since it doesn't have a boost control...once i get a boost control..then i can run more psi.... im gettin different answer from other pple...i don't know which to believe ...hahahah....
Wasnt it you who started thread about WG 1-2 weeks ago?
As it turned out (I'm not boost guru by any means) WG spring will holm min preassure 5-6 psi as far as my t25 goes, but if you'll tourn in WG rod, spring will be pretensioned ant it will let turbo build more boost...upto full treaded length of the WB rod. No boost controller needed.
less then 5psi = no
more then 5psi = yes
Old 03-27-2006
Registered!!

Wasnt it you who started thread about WG 1-2 weeks ago?
As it turned out (I'm not boost guru by any means) WG spring will holm min preassure 5-6 psi as far as my t25 goes, but if you'll tourn in WG rod, spring will be pretensioned ant it will let turbo build more boost...upto full treaded length of the WB rod. No boost controller needed.
less then 5psi = no
more then 5psi = yes

nah that wasn't me i don't think ...but in any means..i'll just get a boost control for more efficient and easy to controL for me ..like to go the ez way out..yahnmean..i will let u know once my turbo is done once its done ...

Originally Posted by 280zforce
usually it goes around 8-12" from the TB...but damn that sh*t is really cramped in there isnt it? as long as it's on the piping between the TB and I/C...u'll be fine.

yah man ...itz very crampd where the bov is located.... ....but o well i'll figure suttin out ....if not, then ima jus keep it thur..

Last edited by ill02civic; 03-27-2006 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-09-2006
Registered!!

Skylar1692 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok, I am getting a TSI extreme kit from a guy for dirt cheap new never installed. Comes w/emanage and software. I don't have any fuel mods done yet. Just wondering what is the best way to go. RSX injectors? What size? What else do I need to be running right for a daily driver? Any help would be great. Thanks.
Old 04-09-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Skylar1692
Ok, I am getting a TSI extreme kit from a guy for dirt cheap new never installed. Comes w/emanage and software. I don't have any fuel mods done yet. Just wondering what is the best way to go. RSX injectors? What size? What else do I need to be running right for a daily driver? Any help would be great. Thanks.

best thing to do is, with tsi, 310cc rsx injectors with emanage.... thats all u need.oh yeah tuning would help
Old 04-09-2006
Registered!!

Do the rsx injectors use the same connectors as the stock injectors? Or do I have to get the rsx injector harnes and splice it? Thanks again
Old 04-09-2006
Registered!!

Do the rsx injectors use the same connectors as the stock injectors? Or do I have to get the rsx injector harnes and splice it? Thanks again
the injectors plug into the stock harness, i believe.
Old 04-09-2006
Registered!!

spudracer326 is an unknown quantity at this point
looks nice....
Old 04-10-2006
Registered!!

well the best fuel mods we can do to our t25 is rsx 310cc w/ emanage ...but as for right now i'll be running tsi fuel setup till i get my fuel upgraded...alot of pple in here ran the tsi fuel setup and they say it works just fine ... good luck with yours ...

dam wiring this **** is a bitch ....lol

Last edited by ill02civic; 04-10-2006 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-10-2006
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
So 2 weeks ago you got it in and you havent finished the wiring yet....wth are you waiting for???
Old 04-10-2006

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
wiring the tsi setup is very easy.
Old 04-10-2006
Registered!!

HonCivX02 is an unknown quantity at this point
looks sweet!
Old 04-10-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ncirom2003
wiring the tsi setup is very easy.
Agree.
Old 04-10-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by exturbo6
So 2 weeks ago you got it in and you havent finished the wiring yet....wth are you waiting for???

yah man .... hhaha..i ahve no time during the week ... got scchooll then work at 3 in the morning monday to friday...and my cuzn is lazee as hell to continue..so hopefullythis weekend will be nice and warm and finish up ... ...dunt worry i'll finish before summer ends...hahaha..i will let u know and meet up ...
Old 04-10-2006
Registered!!

Ok, just want to make sure I have this all correct... I CAN use the unmodified fuel rail, with stock pump with the rsx injectors? I now have the TSI extreme kit t28 / with emanage. Before I pick up the rsx 310cc injectors today are there "spacers" that are need for them to properly fit? Do I need a boost controller? Thanks again guys.

Quick Reply: tsi turbo in progress