Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Attention Boosted Auto's

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Attention Boosted Auto's

For those of you who wanted to go standalone..........it's now possible. Yes, we know AEM's 30-1030 is only for 5 speeds, but now we can make it happen for the auto guys. Let me explain how....

Our Automatic Transmission Controller is a standalone tranny controller that allows the end user to adjust shift points, shift firmness, torque converter lock up etc. It allows you to have 100% control over the transmission. This will allow auto owners to be push button automatic trannies like the Lexus IS300!

Now you can rock the AEM EMS and have the most tuning flexibility for the rest of the engine's aspects (fuel and ignition).

Now I am sure your taste buds are wet, and are wondering how much all of these goodies are......$850 for a Plug N Play tranny controller and $1680 for the AEM EMS. Now auto's (if the tranny is built) can keep up with and possibly exceed the 5 speeds!

Dezod Motorsports
Old 03-20-2006
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
thats great now where was it when I built my auto tranny with the TCI Auto Master overhaul kit, Changed my torque converter to a higher stall and put in the TCI Tiptronic controller. Thats basically all it is right?... Still thats awesome
Old 03-20-2006
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by eye_see_you
thats great now where was it when I built my auto tranny with the TCI Auto Master overhaul kit, Changed my torque converter to a higher stall and put in the TCI Tiptronic controller. Thats basically all it is right?... Still thats awesome
I am not familiar with the TCI unit, but this is a full tranny standalone.
Old 03-21-2006
Boosted 04

joshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nicejoshb_ is just really nice
dang for that kind of money you mines well go to manual...but some ppl need there auto i guess
Old 03-21-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
I am not boosted but if i had the money to waste I would get this! shiftable is worth it right there, but being able to make the tranny actually a little bit sporty would be amazing.
Old 03-21-2006
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
well it basically allows it to become a sportronic type tranny but in the end a auto will shift faster than a manual anyday when built up to handle the torque right. I know I could handle stock rsx-s when I was boosted with no problems
Old 03-21-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
So how would you control the shifts? Does it come with paddle shifters or something?
Old 03-21-2006
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
thats great for the auto's but a mighty chunk of change thou, thats almost a full K swap right there
Old 03-21-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by mrDFWmechanic
thats great for the auto's but a mighty chunk of change thou, thats almost a full K swap right there
Not even close to a K-swap. The motor alone is $2.5K-6K depending on several other factors. Not counting labor, mounts, rewiring.....
Old 03-21-2006
im a psychopath...what are you looking at?

claudeboi is an unknown quantity at this point
can we still drive normally (without shifting) just IN CASE if we get tired of button shifting???

and if we are not turboed, do we still need the ems?
Old 03-21-2006
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by dezod
Not even close to a K-swap. The motor alone is $2.5K-6K depending on several other factors. Not counting labor, mounts, rewiring.....
true true thats why you do all the work yourself. for those that are looking to build a boosted auto thou thats good news for them
Old 03-21-2006
let the devil out

yes you can shift normally with a controller.. it does give the ability to push button shift also
Old 03-21-2006
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
amazing. dexod is the shiznit.
Old 03-21-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
yes this is great, i just figured if i wanted to go boost i would have to do a tranny swap, but thank god i dont, i might look into this soon, great job
Old 03-21-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by RHCP0801
yes this is great, i just figured if i wanted to go boost i would have to do a tranny swap, but thank god i dont, i might look into this soon, great job
Glad you guys like!
Old 03-21-2006
Registered!!

DUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura aboutDUDEitsMATTx has a spectacular aura about
Dezod you are the best! I dont have an auto but Im glad for everyone that does so they can enjoy there boosted vic to its full power! Great job...
Old 03-21-2006

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
so would we have to get the tranny rebuilt for this, if we kept it stock would we even be able to produce a lot of power without destroying the tranny
Old 03-21-2006
Registered!!

kileryoyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Dezod do you have a picture of the control unit or what you use to shift with I have tried to find pics of what the unit looks like but to no avail.
Old 03-21-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by kileryoyo
Dezod do you have a picture of the control unit or what you use to shift with I have tried to find pics of what the unit looks like but to no avail.
You can use the stock tranny, but I think it will fail quickly just from the additional TQ created by turbo. Honda trannies are notoriously weak.

Old 03-21-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Do you have a pic of the paddles or the button installed on a car?
Old 03-21-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by R1Style
Do you have a pic of the paddles or the button installed on a car?
No,sorry
Old 03-21-2006

so how much extra would it be to beef up the tranny, im guessing the only thing i can do is do what eyeseeyou did when he turbo'd his auto right?
Old 03-21-2006
let the devil out

Originally Posted by RHCP0801
so how much extra would it be to beef up the tranny, im guessing the only thing i can do is do what eyeseeyou did when he turbo'd his auto right?

you can get the TCI kit for 280 USD now I believe and install is your highest cost
the torque converter is not needed unless you want to change your stall speed
change to red line fluid and/or install a tranny cooler to help out.

the b&m tranny cooler is about 50-85 depending on what you decide upon.
Old 03-21-2006
TEIN MAN

RAZRBLD has a spectacular aura aboutRAZRBLD has a spectacular aura aboutRAZRBLD has a spectacular aura about
I have a Torque Converter that can be used as a core just collecting dust anyone who needs one PM me.
Old 03-22-2006
let the devil out

Originally Posted by RAZRBLD
I have a Torque Converter that can be used as a core just collecting dust anyone who needs one PM me.

no idea if a core will help anyone I know that the TCI Auto one is a brand new one no rebuilds.
Old 03-22-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Usuaully they require a core fee
Old 03-22-2006
let the devil out

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
Usuaully they require a core fee
TCI Auto did not require a core am I repeating myself yes.. there is also one other person on here that did the TCI auto master overhaul kit and torque converter with a different stall limit for the auto.
Old 03-22-2006
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eye_see_you
TCI Auto did not require a core am I repeating myself yes.. there is also one other person on here that did the TCI auto master overhaul kit and torque converter with a different stall limit for the auto.
Old 03-22-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Old 03-22-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TheSmuggler

Quick Reply: Attention Boosted Auto's