Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Progression of my K20A *updated 7/10/06

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
yeah, the tuner said he still needed to clean up the a/f a little bit ... but for the most part, it's good.

oh btw, the run was a 5th gear pull ...
Old 04-09-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
why 5th gear?? isn't it usually 3rd?
Old 04-09-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
I think it's ideal to dyno in as close to a 1:1 gear ratio as possible.

Most Hondas dyno in 3rd, when they should actually be dyno'ing in 4th... as it is closer to 1:1, iirc.

the ITR 4th gear is 1.212, while my 5th gear is 0.972 ... which makes it technically closer to 1:1. RSX-S's 4th gear is closer, at 1.147 or something like that.

all of my previous dynojet runs have been in 4th gear ... so this is my 1st 5th gear pull.
Old 04-21-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

sorry for the delay, but here is the dyno chart:

also, sorry for the crappy scan ... my work scanner sucks.
Old 04-21-2006
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
AHHHHH!!!~~ your scanner sucks!!

nice #'s... we should go beat up some sti's and evo's sometime...
Old 04-21-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

yeah because I can beat up sti's and evo's in my car
Old 04-21-2006
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
yeah because I can beat up sti's and evo's in my car
you must believe....
Old 04-21-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
not bad derik i havent seen any posts from you in a while besides this thread. you should seriously think abou tjust ordering another stainless flex pipe besides form TODA. its not going to make a bit of difference. but i know your a label ***** like me soo i cant say more than that. i just like things done when i want them done. i hate waiting on anything. BTW i just picked up a 96 teg ls. so its on like donkey kong with the bseries build up. thinking about either a n/a ls/vtec or maybe turbo ls/vtec. i cant quite decide. i relly want to try for 500whp on race gas. but a n/a 300whp build would also be fun. either way i have to save some money right now. i have the new TEG and i still have to finish up the headwork and crap on the ES.
Old 04-21-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

well I'll tell u this right now ... I don't mean to bring your hopes down, but you're never going to make 300 whp on any gas with an n/a B-series ... full race n/a B-series motors are making around 260-270 whp, bored and everything revving to 11k rpms.

plus, it's not cost-effective ... if you want power, just turbo it.

anyway, my toda header should be back on on Tuesday ... so sometime after that, I'll get a full tune and we'll see how the numbers look after that ;P
Old 04-21-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
fvck i hate my d17
Old 04-21-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
I don't mean to bring your hopes down, but you're never going to make 300 whp on any gas with an n/a B-series ... full race n/a B-series motors are making around 260-270 whp, bored and everything revving to 11k rpms.

plus, it's not cost-effective ... if you want power, just turbo it.
i do know it would be a feat but you can come close i have seen b18's make 290whp but it wasnt cheap or as you stated cost effective. the plan is to go turbo but honestly i love n/a as well. ill just keep the d17 N/a and go turbo on the teg. i have someone who wants $1k for everything needed for the ls/vtec swap using a gsr head i would rather do a b16 head though because it flows better but who knows, i still have to pay my taxes!
Old 04-24-2006
Registered!!

wsccd3 is an unknown quantity at this point
want one... if u turbo the k20... that will be so nice!!!!
Old 04-25-2006
Registered!!

Originally Posted by wsccd3
want one... if u turbo the k20... that will be so nice!!!!
he is not going to turbo it, first of its a k20a so it has higher compression so boost is a little tricky and you cant run much of it unless you build the whole bottom end. plus he pretty much has a 13 sec car and its as reliable as they get, only bolt ons! there is no need to boost the car he isnt building a race car its his DD
Old 04-25-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

^ words came right out of my mouth
Old 04-26-2006
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
then quit asking me to turbo it!!!!!!!

Old 07-08-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

alright ... I just got re-tuned again at church's automotive ...

last time, I had a cracked flexpipe on my toda header, a weapon R secret filter and stock brakes ...

this time around, I have the stock filter that came with my Injen CAI, a repaired flexpipe and a big brake kit ... those are the only differences from when I dyno'ed last. Temperature was warmer today than last time too...

Anyway, last time I got tuned at church's, I only went for an hour ... mainly to clean up a/f while I was waiting to get my header fixed. That time, I put down 223.9 hp, 165.6 tq ... that was back in April.

Today, I got re-tuned now that everything is fixed ... it took about an hour and a half.

I put down 239.5 hp, 173.5 tq

Needless to say, I am very, very impressed. I made more power throughout the entire powerband. I will try to post the graph as soon as I can ... probably sometime this week.
Old 07-08-2006
Registered!!

goodtimes is on a distinguished road
tight **** man i want to go for a ride next time...
Old 07-08-2006
Registered!!

Civicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of lightCivicman1988 is a glorious beacon of light
thats hot post that sheet for us
Old 07-09-2006
Registered!!

scansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nicescansel912 is just really nice
Whoa, nice
Old 07-09-2006
Red Hot Chili Peppers....bitch

RHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond reputeRHCP0801 has a reputation beyond repute
wow...great job man
Old 07-09-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
um the work into the car shows
Old 07-09-2006
Registered!!

whitevic is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm interested to know what your duty cycle was at?
Old 07-09-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
nice! that is some fat power! your still not thinking of boosting an a2 are you? I saw that thread on crsx.
Old 07-10-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

duty cycle was max 86% I believe.

djmota: I was ... but not anymore. Not enough interest in my k20a motor.
Old 07-10-2006
Registered!!

se7engen_riDe is an unknown quantity at this point
* drooooooool *
Old 07-10-2006
Registered!!

sweet D that is awesome i never would have thought that with simple bolt ons that you would make that much power. i think you made a good choice in parts LOL!! i just finished a b20b swap in the Teg. she feels a lot better. i could turn the crank pulley form the old b18b with my hand that is how bad the compression was. needless to say it feels a lot better. i started on friday and got done yesterday at about 1:00pm. it wasnt too bad at all. i still have a couple of kinks to work out today but over all it wasnt bad for the $565 that i got the motor for, and now i have the b18 to keep and build up

Last edited by familycar; 07-10-2006 at 12:32 PM.
Old 07-10-2006
I Hunt Goats, Rams, And Mustangs.

TransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of lightTransformedBG is a glorious beacon of light
Swibby, i got to call Shawn and get set up for my final tune session now that ive got all my stuff worked out, but nice numbers!
Old 07-10-2006
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

although I dyno'ed with high numbers, it seems a little fishy. the tuner [not shawn church] tuned my car in 3rd gear. I have no idea why he decided to tune in 3rd gear ...

I requested a 4th gear run after he was finished and my hp came out to 263 hp ... it wasn't just a spike either ... so I think something's wrong with my numbers. There are guys on clubrsx who are putting down 235-240 hp on church's dynapak, but they have i/h/e/kpro ... as well as cams. There was a guy who dyno'ed the same exact day on church's other dynapak dyno [he has two of them ... also, tuned in 4th gear] who put down 239.4 hp, 171 tq ... he has a k20a2 with crower stg 3/4 race cams, i/h/e/kpro and an rbc manifold ... so I think my numbers are a little too high.

I'll probably be taking my car to a local shop for a dynojet comparison for consistancy in about 2-3 weeks or so.
Old 07-10-2006
Registered!!

KINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to allKINGCHILE is a name known to all
AzNBOYSRFR what are your plans for the k20a. Are you going to leave it N/A or go turbo or S/C?
Old 07-10-2006
Registered!!

kasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura aboutkasimmmmm has a spectacular aura about
this just shows the uniqueness of the k20a and how it responds to bolt ons... insane!

Quick Reply: Progression of my K20A *updated 7/10/06