Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

DIY Mechanical O2 simulator

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006
BLDNPSI Mod
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MajinB
ok, here is a q for ya, if i get a high flow cat, will i still need to do this?

Yes .....
Old 04-03-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tfnaaf
Yes .....
Not true. A Random Tech, is a true high flow cat.
Old 04-03-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dezod
yea well its still "high flow" which is more exhaust coming through anyway. but yea ill be gettin a real high flow cat.
Old 04-03-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dezod
Not true, not true... i guess after rethinking it, it MAY need one but prolly wont i must have either miss read your post or was on crack momentarily
Old 04-04-2006
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Not true, not true... i guess after rethinking it, it MAY need one but prolly wont i must have either miss read your post or was on crack momentarily
It's ok. I know YOU know better. Just don't want bad info to be spread around. There is enough on here as it is sometimes.
Old 10-18-2006
Registered!!

realitycheck is an unknown quantity at this point
All right guys last night driving home my CEL light came on. I think my mil eliminator just went bad again, i've been making my own and they've been lasting about 6 months to a year. So I decided to try this next time the light came on. So im going to tonight, I just want to know. Has this stopped working for anyone or is there still no CEL codes from it at all?? ANyone have fitment issues with this?
Old 10-18-2006
BLDNPSI Mod

to this day have NEVER had a CEL for O2 with this installed
Old 10-18-2006
Registered!!

Fantastic, Thanks bud.
Old 10-18-2006
Registered!!

5.0calypso93lx is an unknown quantity at this point
I put one in my g/f's car probably about a year ago, when i installed her test pipe, no CEL still. Its so easy to do also, this is an awesome mod.
Old 10-18-2006
Registered!!

Well good, I have made two of my own mil Eliminators, after buying my first one. I have to make a new one and am getting tired of it. Glad to know this will get rid of the problem permanently.
Old 12-26-2006
Registered!!

kuNhoHan will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Kingnine
ok so i did this. i drilled it out right and everything, but i can't make it thru a tank of gas now without a cel. i went to autozone... code was p139 slow response...? HELP.
same problem with me also keeps giving me a problem ... it makes my rpms go a bit higher also ... a way to adjust around this ... i have an lx with an ex conversion
Old 11-26-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of
Re: DIY Mechanical O2 simulator

ok so i install this on the second hole of my megan cat and i drill out the defouler correct?

then install it.

and just the o2 sensor goes in the first hole?
Old 11-26-2007
BLDNPSI Mod

you are correct , you leave the first o2 sensor alone. this is all done at the second o2 sensor
Old 11-26-2007
Official Rattlesnake Hunter

02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of02BLKCIVIC has much to be proud of

wow i was way off!

thank you sir!!!
Old 07-28-2008
Registered!!

jj_diamond is an unknown quantity at this point

did any of you have to make the wiring for the first O2 sensor longer when ugrading to headers?
Old 07-28-2008
BLDNPSI Mod

Originally Posted by jj_diamond
did any of you have to make the wiring for the first O2 sensor longer when ugrading to headers?
Mine is on a boosted setup, with a custom down pipe. so i mounted the O2 were it was easy to reach with the wires. I've got no knowledge on N/A setups. But you may want to take the wires out of the loom and see if you can make them reach?
Old 08-10-2009
Registered!!

mclean987 is an unknown quantity at this point

i did this with one long fouler so i didnt have to drill it out, its the same size of the two put together , has anyone else done this?
Old 01-05-2010
Registered!!

Sprocket TDI is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know with certainty that this will work on a 2004 Civic Hybrid? The dealer says the cat is bad but I'm not convinced. I'm hoping to do this and get rid of the CEL on my wife's car for good. Also, the Hybrid supposedly has 3 02 sensors. Would this go on the 2nd or 3rd or both?
Old 01-05-2010
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

you need to figure out where the sensors are. usually the first sensor is for a/f ratio and should not be touched because it affects how the car runs. the other one(s) are prolly inside the cat and only measure emissions. i have heard alot of older 03-05 hybrids having the cat go out so its prolly true, but the o2 sim is a cheap way out. just make sure the cat isnt clogged or you will have bigger problems with the engine.
Old 01-26-2010
Registered!!

Sprocket TDI is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, it's been a week and so far so good. FYI, there are 3 sensors on the 04 Civic Hybrid. The 3rd sensor (furthest away from engine) is the one that needs this mod.
Old 02-01-2010
Registered!!

seoul4korea can only hope to improve

So after reading this I was wondering something about this topic. How would adding this on to a perfectly running 05 civic change the way it runs. you said it increase's the AFR slightly so leaning it out more correct? Could this be done on a normal D17 with no real issues like the chance of pinging or missing due to increased temps? would this allow for better MPG?
Old 02-02-2010
BLDNPSI Mod

Originally Posted by seoul4korea
So after reading this I was wondering something about this topic. How would adding this on to a perfectly running 05 civic change the way it runs. you said it increase's the AFR slightly so leaning it out more correct? Could this be done on a normal D17 with no real issues like the chance of pinging or missing due to increased temps? would this allow for better MPG?
all it does is show the computer that there is a measureable difference between the 2 O2 sensors. In other words making the computer think that the cat is there and doing its job. I still to this day have never had a check engine light for this. It works flawlessley!
Old 02-02-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

the defouler doesn't work rite on all setups because you cant get the o2 sensor far enough away from the flow of exhaust do to lack of room just buy a angled megan simulator and be done with it.
Old 03-08-2011
Registered!!

tribune is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,
First post here.
I'm new to Hondas and the daughters 2003 is throwing the P0420. Reading this thread it's not clear to me if this non fouler mod will work on a completely stock exhaust. Everyone seems to be running altered systems in some respect.
Cheers
Old 05-09-2019
Registered!!

jonathan_oakley is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive been asked about how to do this process on more than one occasion and have been happy to supply the information. Hopefully someone will add this to the FAQ on turbos to help save some members some time ......

These are NOT my photos but im unsure of who the owner is exzactly. But they do give some very good photos and i hope that they dont mind

You now need to drill out 1 of the non foulers using a 1/2" drill bit. When finished this is what it will look like.

o2 Sensor inserted in the modified non fouler

Second, unmodified non fouler now installed on modified non fouler, then threaded into the downpipe

Hey so i have the stuff to do this, my civic is a 2002 dx, header installed great. Jw do i add these to the top o2 sensor or the bottom one? Or both? To avoid the code and to maximize fuel consumption.
Old 05-09-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Bottom one, just one should do it to get rid of the code
Old 05-09-2019
Registered!!

jonathan_oakley is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Colin42
Bottom one, just one should do it to get rid of the code
Ok cool thank you. At the moment i have it plugged off as i broke the wires so had to order a new o2 sensor. The top one is just screwed in normally. Car runs fine just want to get rid of the check engine light and make sure my gas mileage is ok as my manifold was rotten and the header was cheaper than a new manifold.

Thanks
Old 05-10-2019
BLDNPSI Mod

As he said, install into the lowest, or furthest downstream O2 sensor
Old 09-02-2021
Registered!!

Jason02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Will this work on a 2015 chevy 5.3 1500 I want to get cats cut off but dont want it to screw up an not work an have to wait for a programmer, does any one know a good programmer to get to disable the o2 sensors if I desire to get one ???
Old 09-02-2021
Click Here

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jason02
Will this work on a 2015 chevy 5.3 1500 I want to get cats cut off but dont want it to screw up an not work an have to wait for a programmer, does any one know a good programmer to get to disable the o2 sensors if I desire to get one ???
Maybe ask a Chevy forum? This is a civic forum…

Quick Reply: DIY Mechanical O2 simulator