Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

New Dyno @ 13 psi

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by eye_see_you
the tsi kit can actually go to about 16 psi on a good tune I know this because I did but because of not having better fuel handling etc I backed it down to 12psi. andy is running a bit larger turbo and the EMS which allows more specific tuning of timing, fuel etc.. 10 psi on a t25 or t28 will not blow an engine if tuned good in reality
didnt know/never heard that first part
the second part i know, my post was just using random numbers to get the point across that since he has more flow rate less psi will do the same damage as more on less flow rate.
Old 12-06-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Someone on this thread will be involved in some stealthy testing of a new item for us.
Old 12-06-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Well, I'm ready to hurry up and get to the 300 whp mark. I really want to see if I can do it with this turbo now so we'll see how it goes. And Paul, I'm trying to do my homework to figure my BSFC with VE so that I can plot my engine on various compressor maps, it's alot of damned homework, lol.
Old 12-06-2005
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by dezod
Someone on this thread will be involved in some stealthy testing of a new item for us.
a little more info on this please ?? you talking about the new equal length manifold
Old 12-06-2005
umm....yeah?

X0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really niceX0DuZz is just really nice
wow ^^ thats great
Old 12-06-2005
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by andyman97
Well, I'm ready to hurry up and get to the 300 whp mark. I really want to see if I can do it with this turbo now so we'll see how it goes. And Paul, I'm trying to do my homework to figure my BSFC with VE so that I can plot my engine on various compressor maps, it's alot of damned homework, lol.
No one said it wasn't.
Old 12-06-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Any remember your PR I am plotting for is 2. This is a full bar of boost.

Without even getting into calculations....at a preliminary glance, according to Turbonetics a T3/T04E 50 trim w/ a Stage II .48 A/R should be fine for the 300whp mark. This flows 47lbs/min
Old 12-06-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by mrDFWmechanic
a little more info on this please ?? you talking about the new equal length manifold
Yes sir.
Old 12-06-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by dezod
Any remember your PR I am plotting for is 2. This is a full bar of boost.

Without even getting into calculations....at a preliminary glance, according to Turbonetics a T3/T04E 50 trim w/ a Stage II .48 A/R should be fine for the 300whp mark. This flows 47lbs/min
Also, with respect to Garrett, at a quick glance the GT32 w/ a 73 trim, .78 A/R on the exhaust side and a .50 A/R 52 trim on the compressor housing....this might be goodm but might be a bit overkill.

Innovate has an affordable T3/T04E 46 & 50 trim. I can talk to Rick and see what he says...
Old 12-06-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Well, if I step it up, I'll want to step up to a 57 trim. I think a t3/t4 would be good with a .63 ar turbine. I think anything over that will destroy my spool time. That might be good for track but not on the street. But I'm trying to basically get the map on my current turbo mapped for my engine based on my volumetric efficiency and trying to get an accurate measure of my BSFC. I've got it pretty close so far though. I just need to step up to full 3" dp and exhaust.
Old 12-07-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
no doubt its a nice setup, but what will you do when the engine blows? its only a matter of time.
Old 12-07-2005
Registered!!

TemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to allTemjinX2 is a name known to all
^^^
probably just buy another...d17's are so cheap. My friend was going to sell me his tranny from a d17 for like $200.
Old 12-07-2005

i think someone said that andy actually has like 2 d17's laying around lol.
so andy this IS all on a 100% stock bottom end? (im guessing arp head studs at least)
Old 12-07-2005
Turbo Guru

Yep, stock motor, just headstuds. I don't think the engine is going to go any time soon. I've compression tested last weekend and it's perfect. I'm having no issues at all. It's just a matter of time before any engine goes.
Old 12-07-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Well, if I step it up, I'll want to step up to a 57 trim. I think a t3/t4 would be good with a .63 ar turbine. I think anything over that will destroy my spool time. That might be good for track but not on the street. But I'm trying to basically get the map on my current turbo mapped for my engine based on my volumetric efficiency and trying to get an accurate measure of my BSFC. I've got it pretty close so far though. I just need to step up to full 3" dp and exhaust.
I am getting you a quote tomorrow on a Garrett T3/T4 57 Trim
Old 12-08-2005
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
so andy your getting the equal length for some in depth testing adn upgrading the turbo.. may I say that thing is gonna be just nasty..

especially on those drag radials.. you might need to contact drive shaft shop for those stage 2 axles if you hit that power right
Old 12-08-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
^^^ I think its cheaper to keep replacing them because if he gets those then the tranny goes.
Old 12-08-2005
Turbo Guru

No tranny problems thus far. I think it'll be alright, I don't launch that hard.
Old 12-08-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
Does your clutch slip or is it upgraded?
Old 12-08-2005
Turbo Guru

I'm running an action 6 puck 2MD and it doesn't slip at all. It's the best clutch available in my opinion.
Old 12-08-2005
Formerly 2blu

Nick will become famous soon enoughNick will become famous soon enough
just wondering. how is the wheel spin with no lsd? Is it alot of pegleg action??
Old 12-08-2005
Turbo Guru

Nope, not bad at all, but then again, I'm only making 250 and I do have drag radials, they hook up really nice.
Old 12-08-2005

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
Nice numbers andy. I'll finally get a chance to run my car on the dyno again with the tune I adjusted and my cutout open @10psi . I got my A/F pretty smooth at 11.5:1 across so it should be pretty dam good for emenage. I'll post up next weekend after the dyno day.

this should be the last stand for the stock motor since it's on 110k after being sprayed and blown for quite some time.
Old 12-08-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by HyaBoosta
Nice numbers andy. I'll finally get a chance to run my car on the dyno again with the tune I adjusted and my cutout open @10psi . I got my A/F pretty smooth at 11.5:1 across so it should be pretty dam good for emenage. I'll post up next weekend after the dyno day.

this should be the last stand for the stock motor since it's on 110k after being sprayed and blown for quite some time.
good luck hya. Where you dyno'ing? Maybe I can come and watch.
Old 12-09-2005

Nope, not bad at all, but then again, I'm only making 250 and I do have drag radials, they hook up really nice.
nice, what size are the drag radials? which ones are thy and what size rims?
im looking into buying a good setup for springtime and i plan on something around what yuor making here for power.
Old 12-09-2005
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

jwcardy is on a distinguished road
Andy's car sucks....hahahah
Old 12-09-2005
Turbo Guru

Originally Posted by jwcardy
Andy's car sucks....hahahah
Please don't tell me that you're going home for Christmas. If you do, you have to come to Lake Charles so I can hand you your ***
Old 12-09-2005
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

jwcardy is on a distinguished road
Please don't tell me that you're going home for Christmas. If you do, you have to come to Lake Charles so I can hand you your ***
haha, i wish i was man, i would love to see the car...i prob wont get to go home for a visit until after the first of the year...I just cant pass up the holiday pay on Christmas and New Years....
Old 12-09-2005
Registered!!

servion is an unknown quantity at this point
Is this the highest HP stock d17 out there yet? That would be cool Andy

If it isn't, what's the most powerful D17 out there so far (either stock or built)?

I want to tune it this time!!!
Old 12-09-2005
Turbo Guru

Damn, that sucks, Wes, we gotta hook up sometime man.

Jer-These are the highest numbers I've seen a d17 put out, either stock or built. There is a claim that a member named Barney is supposedly putting out 305 but I never saw a dyno on it and I don't know if that was supposed to be wheel or crank......

Either way, sometime after the 1st, when I can get you down here, we'll really push it. I want no less than 310 whp.

Quick Reply: New Dyno @ 13 psi