Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

What size spring

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005
i have a new home do u
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
v8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of light
What size spring

what sinze spring goes in the sf fmu. i found the problem to my car leaning out. there was no spring in the fmu. someone please help me asap. i need to drive this car at 3 today
Old 11-18-2005
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
well, that is a difficult thing to find....

is it a new style one, or is it the old blue one?

If it is a blue one, then you need to do this.....

take the top off. Find a spring that fits inside the fitting that is drilled out. Then take that spring, and cut it to a length to where 1/8" of the spring sticks out.

It has to be a somewhat stiff spring. Not soo hard that you cant compress it with your fingers, but not a spring that is waaaay easy to compress.

If its the new style one, you are pretty much screwed. You would have to buy an RPM service adjustable fuel pressure regulator for a B-series, take the spring and seated foot and threaded foot out of it, and put them in the fuel system.
Old 11-18-2005
i have a new home do u

v8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of lightv8eaterokv6 is a glorious beacon of light
it is the old style one and i picked up some srpings that are about the size of the hole today so i will cut one down to size tomorow and try it. also i was looking on vortech web site and it said not to take the whole thing apart well guess what i already did before i thought to look on the web site. did i break anything doing this. i put it back together the way it came apart.
Old 11-18-2005
DONT PANIC

turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
make sure its back together the way its supposed to be. Did you take the 4 screws out of the bottom of it? If so, you have to make sure that metal foil disc is seated properly in the bottom. That is what physically controls the pressure.

An easy way to tell if its working, put a pressure guage on the line. Test the pressure before you install the spring (should be about 45 or so). Then install the spring and test it again. Usually they are around 50 psi with the fuel pump running.
Old 11-19-2005
i have a new home do u

does the spring go on top of the blue rubber thing or under it.
Old 11-19-2005
DONT PANIC

on top.
Old 11-19-2005
i have a new home do u

awsome thanks for the help im gonna go do that now +1 for you
Old 11-19-2005
i have a new home do u

sweet works perfect now.
Old 11-19-2005
DONT PANIC

awesome.

glad its working.