Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Dyno Results

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005
Turbo Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Dyno Results

Ok, so I finally am getting tuned with the aem. I am at the dyno shop right now. Having some small problems with the plugs in the top end....we're working on it. Best pass this far has been 193.9 whp at 6 psi. Anything over 200 is the goal....and we'll meet that easily. Plus, it's kinda warm outside, it's 82 degrees out, so, we'll see what happens. I'll post up a graph when we finish.

If you want to make power....GET THE AEM, it is seriously awesome.

Oh, btw, I have a completely stock motor with a t3/t4 turbo and d16y8 intake manifold...
Old 10-21-2005

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
good luck on breaking the 200whp. im right behind you guys with the y8 IM and aem. gonna switch over after I saw you two's results. Andy can you snap me some pics of your IM set up. Especially the throttle cable. It would be a big help!
Old 10-21-2005
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
aww crap, im sorry dude. I forgot about that pic. Andy thats awesome dude. Just wondering what kinda probs you are having with the plugs?? They put NGKs in mine. I think they used No. 7s. Make sure the alternator is charging, my car got dynoed with the alternator shut off lol. I almost didnt get home from NH because I didnt bring a laptop. Those guys musta not have noticed. Told you the AEM was the ****, hehe. Keep us updated and if you have any questions dont be afraid to call.
Old 10-21-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey thanks, Gery. Yeah, it's just not consistant in the top end. Two of my coil packs were burned out last night so we picked some up that looked like they might have been off of a k series. I swapped them out for d17 ones but we haven't made another pass just yet, so we'll see how it goes. I'm also using #7's.

Hiya-sorry, this is the best pic I have. I just used a stock d16 throttle cable in place of the d17 one.
Old 10-21-2005
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
man can you do a diy about the d16y8 manifold install cause i'm seeing alot more people with it and i already have the manifold just i dont have a clue how to wire and install everything
Old 10-21-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Go andy!!!!
Old 10-21-2005
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
Hya, I just pmed you a pic of mine but im not sure if it worked, let me know If it didnt go through. Andy its probably something stupid, you guys will figure it out.
Old 10-21-2005
Turbo Guru

Yeah man, I'm almost postiive it's that stupid alternator cut off. I warned him about it but I think he just kinda brushed me off...we'll see what happens.
Old 10-21-2005
Registered!!

yeah andy my #7 output is unchecked where it says active and all the stuff is gray so you cant change it. So what we talked about on the phone was in fact correct.
Old 10-21-2005

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
thanks for the pic andy & 02fp. andy your using the y8 TB right?
Old 10-21-2005
Registered!!

andy is, I am not
Old 10-21-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
i thought you were going with the e-manage ultimate andy, too many problems??? either way :tup for having an ems dude!!!

do you think that manifold would really make a difference on a boosted civic? (what if the head was portNpolished?
Old 10-21-2005
my vtec brings all the girls to the yard

mrDFWmechanic will become famous soon enough
will somebody do a DIY for the manifold swap
Old 10-21-2005
Turbo Guru

Originally Posted by ncirom2003
i thought you were going with the e-manage ultimate andy, too many problems??? either way :tup for having an ems dude!!!

do you think that manifold would really make a difference on a boosted civic? (what if the head was portNpolished?
Yeah, I just didn't want to fool with a piggyback anymore. I wanted to eliminate the ecu...always compensating and overcompensating fuel and timing. It's too much trouble to get consistant tune and power out of it. Plus, no CEL's

I may make a diy for the y8 mani later. No time right now.
Old 10-21-2005
Registered!!

well the only thing I can tell you is that I used the stock injector flange to port match, and realign holes to bolt it on. Everything else I did was custom, so as far as idle control, map sensor, injectors, linkage, IAT sensor, its all different on my car and would be of no use to you. You should put up a separate post to see if anyone can guide you in the right direction.
Old 10-21-2005
let the devil out
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
go andy .. thats awesome man. I would say I would keep sticking to it but i've decided to get rid of the boost etc and part out for my new project.. LOL
Old 10-21-2005
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
go D17 go!!!!
Old 10-21-2005

ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
so is it the ems that keeps the stock ecu for some acc. or does it have those things so it completely kicks the ems out.
Old 10-21-2005
Turbo Guru

Originally Posted by eye_see_you
go andy .. thats awesome man. I would say I would keep sticking to it but i've decided to get rid of the boost etc and part out for my new project.. LOL
Cool man, I hope it all works out for you. When are you supposed to be getting it?
Old 10-21-2005
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by andyman97
Cool man, I hope it all works out for you. When are you supposed to be getting it?

there is something else in the works besides what I spoke of.. a new project but don't worry i'm still keeping it in the honda family
Old 10-21-2005
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Final numbers???
Old 10-21-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
yeah i want to know the final numbers **** dude so far they are awesome already
Old 10-21-2005
::+::My Girlfriend is hot, but I'm still GAY::+::

yourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura aboutyourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by dezod
Final numbers???
Old 10-21-2005
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Nice progress Andy!
Old 10-21-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by yourinmyw0rld

Originally Posted by andyman97
Ok, so I finally am getting tuned with the aem. I am at the dyno shop right now. Having some small problems with the plugs in the top end....we're working on it. Best pass this far has been 193.9 whp at 6 psi. Anything over 200 is the goal....and we'll meet that easily. Plus, it's kinda warm outside, it's 82 degrees out, so, we'll see what happens. I'll post up a graph when we finish.

If you want to make power....GET THE AEM, it is seriously awesome.

Oh, btw, I have a completely stock motor with a t3/t4 turbo and d16y8 intake manifold...
That means they are still working on it.
Old 10-21-2005
::+::My Girlfriend is hot, but I'm still GAY::+::

yourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura aboutyourinmyw0rld has a spectacular aura about
wasn't that hours ago
Old 10-22-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
what problems did you have with the plugs on top end??? Which plugs you using?
Old 10-22-2005
Turbo Guru

Ok....sorry guys, we weren't able to make another pass on the dyno, we ended up having to street tune with my PLX wideband. AEM datalogging ownz joo!

But seriously, the dyno broke. The brake on the rollers was stuck and it wasn't reading mph correctly, it was flipping all over the place so the only choice we had to finish was taking it on the street, so sorry I don't have any other numbers to post but the engine is tuned at 7-8 psi, and the boost cut is set at 8. We guesstimate about 205-215 whp. I'm going to try making it back up there next week for a couple of quick passes.

As far as the ignition issue, it wasn't the plugs, my tuner is more used to tuning dohc engines so he had too much timing pulled. When we were on the street, it was still wanting to break up a little, so he suggested advancing just a degree or two and that took care of the problem.
Old 10-22-2005
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

jwcardy is on a distinguished road
glad to see that you finally got everything going your way andy....i would love to see your ride again...maybe you can come see your folks when i come home for new years and we can get together in lake charles...keep me updated man...
Old 10-22-2005
Registered!!

sweet dude glad to see it worked out for ya.

Quick Reply: Dyno Results