Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

AEM PnP EMS for the D17 have arrived!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
AEM PnP EMS for the D17 have arrived!!!

We have 1 left!!! Get them while they are hot!!!!!!!

30-1030

http://dezod.com/pd_aem_standalone_emskseries.cfm

1 sold in 2 hours of this thread.

Last edited by dezod; 10-18-2005 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-18-2005
Abortion Survivor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
good price
Old 10-18-2005
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
That is a very fair price. I paid just a lil more for my 1070 box so its definetly a good deal guys.
Old 10-18-2005
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
I think we sold one already.
Old 10-18-2005
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
this may be a dumb ? dezod but this is pretty much for boosted applications right. sorry for the dumb question.
Old 10-18-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Valdeezy
this may be a dumb ? dezod but this is pretty much for boosted applications right. sorry for the dumb question.
That question is not dumb. No it is not. It can be used for all motor higher hp applications as well. It gives FULL control over your entire engine with respect to launch, fuel and spark delivery.

BTW, we have 1 left!!!!
Old 10-18-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dezod
I think we sold one already.
Yep, you did...can't wait for that bad boy
Old 10-18-2005
Registered!!

Valdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to allValdeezy is a name known to all
That question is not dumb. No it is not. It can be used for all motor higher hp applications as well. It gives FULL control over your entire engine with respect to launch, fuel and spark delivery.

BTW, we have 1 left!!!!
thanks for that good info. So I take it I can get rid of this VFAC II and this will blow that out the water?
Old 10-18-2005
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
I was wondering if it was you who ordered it andy. Thats awesome, congrats man. Hope it works out as good for you as it did me. Be sure if it has a setting that disables the alternator upon vtec engagement you turn it off or you will kill your battery driving around. They do that to free up a couple hp on race apps. I think injector #7 driver switches it, they tell you how to disable it on a sheet that comes in the box. Dont try to boost it on the base maps on that EMS forum site, they dont have calibrations for positive pressure on the map so bad things will happen. hehe PS you may wanna buy the aem 3.5 bar map sensor.
Old 10-18-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the heads up bro. How much boost can you use the stock map for? Isn't it 10 or so?
Old 10-18-2005
Registered!!

My buddy says it was like 7-8 on these ones but he may just be blowing smoke up my bum bum, I be willing to bet the AEM one is far more acurate though. IDK anyone else with an ems on a 7thgen so IDK the limits of the stock map. I wonder how you could find out without testing it with a voltmeter/ohm meter and a regulated pressure source???? Someone here must know. One things for sure, dont ask a Honda tech lol. "YOU CANT DO THAT, SIR!!!!!"
Old 10-18-2005
Turbo Guru

Originally Posted by 02fpcivic
My buddy says it was like 7-8 on these ones but he may just be blowing smoke up my bum bum, I be willing to bet the AEM one is far more acurate though. IDK anyone else with an ems on a 7thgen so IDK the limits of the stock map. I wonder how you could find out without testing it with a voltmeter/ohm meter and a regulated pressure source???? Someone here must know. One things for sure, dont ask a Honda tech lol. "YOU CANT DO THAT, SIR!!!!!"
Hmm, can you point me in that general direction, where to pick it up?
Old 10-18-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Valdeezy
thanks for that good info. So I take it I can get rid of this VFAC II and this will blow that out the water?
YES!!!!
Old 10-18-2005
DONT PANIC

turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
the stock map sensor is good for ~.5 bar.

But that is on the older b series and d series motors. I havent tried the new one.

btw. i want an ems!

I should have bought that instead of this laptop i got 2 hours ago.
Old 10-18-2005
Registered!!

Any aem dealer can get there map. its expensive, I think it was over 100 bucks. its calibrated to be very accurate with the ems. you can get a GM map from a Turbo GN for like 50 bucks but for some reason they seem to read lower boost, it doesnt matter as long as its tuned properly, just realy on a good gauge for accurate readings. the AEM map comes with a weatherpack connector too. It screws into a 1/8npt hole which you will hafta drill and tap into the plenum.
Old 10-18-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
are these ems's worth it if you only have bolt-ons?

and if i get one with intentions of future high performance mods, what sort of direction should i go in?
Old 10-18-2005
Registered!!

Probably not. Think of it this way. If you can still pass smog or at least not trip a code in like 300 miles or so then you dont wanna spend the dough on it. The reason I say this is because you can not pass an obd2 plug in test with this EMS because there is no longer an obd system. If you are heavily modded, like with a turbo car, chances are you will not pass anyways and your mods are significant enough to justify spending 2k on an EMS and tune.
Old 10-18-2005
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
hmmm well i live in a state with no vehicle inspections of any kind. but i see what yoru sayin
Old 10-18-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
here is a good question dezod (i cant afford one anyway) but can you set the rpm limiter lower, like 4k when stopped for good launches and then back to the ~7200 after moving. cause i noticed when im stopped if i rev my car limits at 5k but once moving its back to normal. is this a feature on the ems or is my automatic car stupid?
Old 10-18-2005
Registered!!

You can set a 2 step rev limiter based on pretty much anything, vehicle speed, the clutch switch, a toggle switch. This is a great feature for launching, maybe not for stock axles at the track though lol.
Old 10-18-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
well thats cool. i always wondered about that.
the thing is, say you have a high horsepower civic, where do you get new axles?!
Old 10-18-2005
Registered!!

If I have a laptop already can I just get the software and anything else I need besides the laptop?
Old 10-18-2005
Abortion Survivor

Michalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of lightMichalo187 is a glorious beacon of light
How much does it cost to tune this things?
Old 10-19-2005
Turbo Guru

Originally Posted by Michalo187
How much does it cost to tune this things?
Probably no less than 500. Anything over 750 is too much imo. I wish I was in colorado, I could get it tuned for free
Old 10-19-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Andy will have his tomorrow
Old 10-20-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Andy received his. We still have 1 on the shelf. If someone wants to pick this up by tomorrow, close of business, PM me for free overnight shipping to anywhere in the 48 states.

Old 10-20-2005
Premium Member

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
Andy received his. We still have 1 on the shelf. If someone wants to pick this up by tomorrow, close of business, PM me for free overnight shipping to anywhere in the 48 states.

damn paul you are always hooking it up.

I am gonna hold out for the 1030u
Old 10-20-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by djmota
damn paul you are always hooking it up.

I am gonna hold out for the 1030u
That is the model that includes the UEGO. That might not come out for a while. Thanks Oscar.
Old 10-21-2005
Turbo Guru

Werd. I got it the very next day. The pricing was pretty awesome. Thanks alot Paul, u da man!
Old 10-21-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Thanks Andy!

Quick Reply: AEM PnP EMS for the D17 have arrived!!!