Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

::major problem::

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fi dx is an unknown quantity at this point
::major problem::

so i have the dezod turbo kit and i have had it running for a while now...and lately my fuel system has been acting weird...when i first got it i had it tuned to the wastegate spring...which is around 5 pounds...now i finally got my profec b setup and got some good values to hold boost....and when i went to up the boost to 8 pounds...i started retuning my fuel and ignition...i started off with fuel and i ran into some problems...now i have the e-manage with the ignition harness and rsx type s injectors...on the fuel table...i started adding fuel and i kept adding it and i still kept running lean...

a lot of people on the boards here have run up to about 9 pounds on the rsx injectors....and i have the fuel tables maxed out and they still provide enough fuel for anything about the 5 pounds....it starts to lean out really really fast...

any ideas for what could make this happen...i know you can run more boost on the rsx injectors

fuel pump?
do i need the injector harness for e-manage?
what all does everyone have that i don't for their fuel system?
Old 06-06-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
return fuel setup maybe??
Old 06-06-2005
Registered!!

i actually want to go that route in the future....but i'm positive people have boosted without it...

any ideas how this could be?
Old 06-06-2005
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Could be the pump not keeping up.
Old 06-06-2005
Registered!!

that was my initial thought...is there any way to tell?
Old 06-07-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
is it making funny noises?
Old 06-07-2005
Registered!!

umm....it sounds kind of like it's got little air bubbles in the lines when it idles...i have the rear seats and everything pulled out so i can hear better...but at idle it should be fine right? it is a 2004
Old 06-07-2005
Premium Member

i rode in a turbo civic and he had a switch to turn on the fmu. I'm assuming thats what you're running. When he turned it on there was a loud rumble which is the fuel pump struggling. Eventually it just burns out. Air bubbles, do you mean like a water type sound Cause that just means you have bubbles in the coolant and should bleed them out.
Old 06-07-2005
Registered!!

no....i have rsx type s injectors and the e-manage...

as far as the bubble sound...i'm talking about the fuel pump...which could be it struggling...but this is while in idle
Old 06-07-2005
Premium Member

yes it makes the noise at idle. Its the fuel pump. It can't put out enough fuel, even tho the injectors can in theory. I think thats your problem.
Old 06-07-2005
Registered!!

wow...i've had the car less than 2 years and the fuel pump is already out?

has anybody else had this problem with their fuel pump? ...as far as it going out so soon?
Old 06-07-2005
Premium Member

i know two others that had the sf turbo both had fuel pumps go out, one only lasted a few weeks. Once you do a return line, you can run an fpr and add more fuel safely.
Old 06-07-2005
Registered!!

Drk01Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
You need the injector harness. That will let you bypass the stock ECU signal to the injectors in order to hold them open longer. Without the injector harness the Emanage just tricks the ECU into thinking that the map sensor is reading higher than it really is and let's the stock ECU decide on how long the injectors stay open. Does the injector correction factor work without the injector harness? I don't remember.
Old 06-07-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
You have to control the injectors somehow. If you don't have the injectors wired in, no matter how much you add to the correction factor, the injector pulsewidth won't change. The injectors can't correct themeselves.
Old 06-07-2005
Registered!!

the injector correction factor works fine...i idle perfectly all day long..

does the injector harness just control pulsewidth and duty cycle?
Old 06-07-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by fi dx

Yes.
Old 06-07-2005
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fi dx

Pulsewidth is the amount of time in milliseconds the injector stays open. Duty cycle is the overall percentage of time an injector can stay open out of the overall maximum cycling time. Obviously maximum cycling time varies by the injector and its response time but I'm not going to get into that.

The emanage can control pulsewidth. But, you have to wire the injectors into the emanage. From what you're saying, it sounds like you have nothing controlling your injectors. You can change the maps on the emanage a million times but if your injectors aren't wired to the emanage, it does nothing for fuel.

That said, even if you're running rsx injectors, it's only about a 100cc difference, you can still idle, just probably running a little richer. That sounds to me like you need to plug the injectors into the emanage before you drive the car anymore. I would also highly suggest getting a new in tank fuel pump. Shouldn't take an hour or two to put in and worth not blowing the motor.
Old 06-07-2005
Registered!!

actually i'm pretty sure the e-manage can do injector correction without the injector harness...even though the injector difference is only 100cc....it is a lot considering the original size of the stock ones...it idles in the 14.3 -15 range...which is what stock is at....and i've run the car without the injector correction and it runs much much rougher...

i've only used the airflow correction map and the ignition map so far....i know i can't use the other maps without the injector harness...i just wasn't sure if people had hit 8 pounds on the e-manage without the injector harness