Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

My weak ASS dyno.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dezod
STOP!!! Before you blow any more $$..................go through the list in my previous post. Make sure all the couplers are tight. Make sure there are no visual cracks in the mani, welds, i/c piping, i/c end tanks. Your BOV sounds operational. Might be a WG issue. Internal I assume?

yes its internal.
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
yeah when i get home im going to check my car for cracks and whatnot.
Old 03-22-2005
(SnOwBoArDeR | FoReVeR)

Civic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura aboutCivic_Racer9 has a spectacular aura about
yea quatriple check ur turbo....cuz ur getting ex's hp number
Old 03-22-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
ANYWAY.............Try adjusting the actuator settings....here is some reference on the SRT-4's Mopar Internally gated turbo.........all pretty much the same. Maybe this will help!

http://www.dodge-srt4.com/howto/wga.html
Old 03-22-2005
My penis is just like all my posts, very very short
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

zachgeyer has a spectacular aura aboutzachgeyer has a spectacular aura about
damm that suxs
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

thanks..ill give his a try then laso,
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by dezod
ANYWAY.............Try adjusting the actuator settings....here is some reference on the SRT-4's Mopar Internally gated turbo.........all pretty much the same. Maybe this will help!

http://www.dodge-srt4.com/howto/wga.html
you got your own shop? if so you tune and dyno? ill take the drive to go up to you.
Old 03-22-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
something is wrong there. I probably make more than that at 0psi. I have the T25 in my kit, with TSIs unit. You have to tune off boost, RPM, doesnt work very nciely, cuz you have partial throttle, full throttle. It wont be very daily driver friendly at all. Get the pressure sensor hooked up, and tune off boost. I wish I had emanage
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

AV6 6MT is an unknown quantity at this point
Steve, Ill talk to my brother, he can take a look if youd like. It sounds like its 99% a boost leak, a BAD ONE! You should have made much more power. I guess Turbotrix is too busy tuning EVOs to care about your problems
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

Hey Tom Blow Me.One day ill **** on your evo.
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

AV6 6MT is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh hail the 109whp dyno J/K Now dont be a hater Steve! Nah man Im just playin give the car to Andrew, he'll get it running the way it should. THEN when its ready to go... take it to Pruven, turn the boost, and have them tune it on the dyno!

BTW - btw you get a K20 and a big turbo on that, ill have a bigger turbo on the EVO
Old 03-22-2005
Balut Eating Champ

pnoyster2k1cvic is on a distinguished road
there's gotta be some kinda leak... 100HP is not right, it should be atleast 120+HP do you have a boost gauge?
Old 03-22-2005
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Find a new shop. Stock manual civic dyno is 108whp. The emanage is not as easy to tune as other mods, so find a shop that knows how to do it. But also it doesn't seem like the turbo install is all that great either.
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

Drk01Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
That really sucks man. Don't worry, I'm sure you can fix the problem. Are you getting your boost signal from the compressor housing?
Old 03-22-2005
Powered by Honda

y.0. KiLLa is an unknown quantity at this point
i must say dezod is the man! he cares for us fellow 7thgeners
Old 03-22-2005
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by y.0. KiLLa
i must say dezod is the man! he cares for us fellow 7thgeners
That's right!!!

Hence our sig...............
Old 03-22-2005
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
sooooo, you have anything more than that dyno jpg? have any a/f readings? Do you have a boost guage hooked up? Does it read boost? Are you blowing black smoke on hard acceleration? Who mapped the e-manage (was it you??)? What fuel system are you running besides e-manage (injectors, etc)? I'm not a fan of those dynos, they're not very useful for tuning... hp curves vs mph? who uses that, really? You have a stick I assume? Pruven has made some very fast 1/4 mile cars running out there, although I'm not sure how well they know e-manage....

Def check the easy things like couplings and charge pipes, but it might be the tune that you are running. You could be pig rich if the e-manage isn't mapped correctly. That could end up being the issue.

Dezod, you'd be a hell of a guy if you met up with him and got him the power he deserves
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Havok2k1
sooooo, you have anything more than that dyno jpg? have any a/f readings? Do you have a boost guage hooked up? Does it read boost? Are you blowing black smoke on hard acceleration? Who mapped the e-manage (was it you??)? What fuel system are you running besides e-manage (injectors, etc)? I'm not a fan of those dynos, they're not very useful for tuning... hp curves vs mph? who uses that, really? You have a stick I assume? Pruven has made some very fast 1/4 mile cars running out there, although I'm not sure how well they know e-manage....

Def check the easy things like couplings and charge pipes, but it might be the tune that you are running. You could be pig rich if the e-manage isn't mapped correctly. That could end up being the issue.

Dezod, you'd be a hell of a guy if you met up with him and got him the power he deserves
i do not have the air/fuel readings. thats al lthey have i believe. yes i have a boost gauge and it reads 5psi all day long. holds 5 and nothing more or less. turbotrix did all the mapping for e-manage. no i do not have new injectors. i have the stock 4 and the 2 extra ones that came with the kit. so i have 6 all together. the black smoke i dont think so. i mean i cant tell when im driving but i dont see any. ill tell you thou there was black smoke coming out when i had a **** load of fuel going into my car. then i went back to them and sask the to fix the fuel cause 170 on a full tank is retarted.yes i am 5psd. well im going to have my boy with the evo's brother check my car out. hes very good with cars. so ill have him check everything and see whats up.

If i could set a date for a weekend and go see dezod, i def would take a drive.
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Drk01Civic
That really sucks man. Don't worry, I'm sure you can fix the problem. Are you getting your boost signal from the compressor housing?
honestly i have no idea where im getting my boost reading from.
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

As for finding a shop. i guess pruven is all i got not cause NJ blows for poeple who know **** about honda's. i would rather drive to somewhere else and get it right then wasting time and money on this bullshit here.
Old 03-23-2005

drive to az, we got a few good shops around here. and like 15 or 20 others I dont know anything about. We got hookup, holla if ya hear me. master p sucks.

If he had a boost leak, wouldnt the boost gauge still read the actual boost going into the motor. Since the vacuum line is coming out the IM, wouldnt it read what is going into the IM. So if he had a leak, and it said 5, he should be boosting 5, if he was really only hitting like 0psi, it shoulda read that. Im just curious, any info on this? it may knock out the chance of boost leak for him?
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
Hey if you can come to mass ill help you out. get the pressure sensor and harness for the emanage first. YOU NEED THEM. There is a dyno close to me and I am experienced with the emanage. Ill tune it for ya and check everything out for lunch and a six pack if you can wait a week or two.
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light02fpcivic is a glorious beacon of light
pruven is a good shop, so I have heard. It probably wont be cheap though
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 02fpcivic
Hey if you can come to mass ill help you out. get the pressure sensor and harness for the emanage first. YOU NEED THEM. There is a dyno close to me and I am experienced with the emanage. Ill tune it for ya and check everything out for lunch and a six pack if you can wait a week or two.
i already have the pressure sensor and harness, i gave turbotrix everything to install and they told me that it didnt do anyhting with or without it so they took it off. i have it sitting in my room. so im down if you know what your doing, just let me know when i can come up and ill leave nj early to get up to you. i would need to make a appointment to get my car tuned thou right? so if i do and i do come up let me know so i can call and do a appointment up as soon as your done..thanks man very cool of you to help me out. ill do lunch a and six without a doubt.
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by 02fpcivic
pruven is a good shop, so I have heard. It probably wont be cheap though

i mean how much could it cost..just to check if everything if on tight and to install the senor and harness. also to tune and dyno. cant be that much.but then again ive sent so much money on this car i wish i could get somehting back from it.
Old 03-23-2005

ummmm, your looking at up to 3-400 for all that. at least if its a reputable shop with good equipment. Its 80/.5hour at this place I found. If they lift the car, cant do anything, its still 80. They didnt charge me for my tune luckily, since my clutch sucked ***. they felt bad I guess, and wanted me to come back. They want to make some power with my car, they were excited to work on their first 7thgen.

It is expensive though, should take an hour and a half to tune it, plus other fees for installing things. it isnt too hard to get a pressure reading from the vacuum. Just tap into a line going to the IM. Dont do it yet, incase somebody says thats wrong, but I get my boost reading for my unit, and gauge right there. I have a T, with 4 outputs.
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

wow the shop I use Is a lot more forgiving hehe. I can get 3 runs for 75 last spring and After that the price goes down. I figure to tune an emanage dyno costs would be prolly 250ish id bring extra just in case though they only take cash. I could prolly book a sunday if they are still open on the weekends. I am working the next 2 weekends though. If it can wait a few weeks then I can try to set up an appointment. IDK how far out you are from me im in middleboro (plymouth county) Im assuming 4-6 hours. If they arent open on sundays anymore it may be pushing it for an after work appointment unless you dont mind getting out of work early or something. By the time we get the car strapped on the dyno and tuned it will probably be about 2 hours worth of work. That is after we check over your setup. Nothing is worse than getting to the Dyno to find problems hehe. I cant believe they didnt use that pressure sensor. thats so totally stupid
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

i bet you see the $400 mark if a shop has to go over everything. Thats easy anyways not worth spending dough on.
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

i looked it up on mapquest and im a lil over 4 hours to you. i can wait a few. no biggie. just want it done right before i start flipping at these dam places that give me the run around. i got my car back friday and the dam thing was eating gas like crazy. i call them up asap saturday to see if i can come in at all that day and i couldnt, the dood told me monday. so i drop the car off monday on my lunch break go back to work they tell me it will be done no later then 5 i call them up for about 45 mins fine they pick up and tell me at 3 wheni get out of work it just went in and i wont get it back til 6. they tell me to call at 545 to get my car and just to make sure its all done and no one picks up at all for a hour. finely i get a ride to the place and my car was done for a while and they dont call me to tell me its done after the fact they;re like will get at me when its done. no call i have to run around like a ***. so they fix the problem but its still eating gas like crazy. just not as noticeable. so idk what the deal is. they charged me 525 to hook up e-manage, head studs, head gasket cause i blew mine and to fix my boost gauge, and to fix my air\fuel gauge. they didnt charge me to tune and dyno. but my air\fuel gauge wasnt fix it doesnt read anyhting but rich. does move or anything but it lights up.sweet. so i got back so they can fix the fuel problem and it stilleat gas like a bitch. so idk. pissed off in other words. sorry its so long.
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

what do these guys tune??? non EFI cars or something?? What needs to be done is the sub injectors (I think you said you had the 2 extras???) need to be tuned to trigger when the boost sensor sees positive pressure or something to that effect, without that sensor hooked up it will have to run mad rich off boost to compensate for when it is boosting. if they did WOT dyno pulls then it may be fine at Full throttle but not for driving around. BTW do you have the ignition harness for the emanage??? If not you need it to retard the ignition under boost.

Quick Reply: My weak ASS dyno.