Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

got tuned halfway today

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Craziestbob is an unknown quantity at this point
No... you shouldn't go through more coolant unless you are burning it! :-p

But hey, if your wastegate is correctly adjusted, don't be afraid to floor it! You want to know how things are working, and to make sure you are hitting the boost you are supposed to (whatever the wastegate is set to!)
Old 03-22-2005
Registered!!

Daemones6 is an unknown quantity at this point
I thought the TSI kit's wastegate was preset at 6lbs. That's what they told me. Crazy. I'm not even putting mine on until I get eManage. I just ordered a TurboXS boost controller (can't go all rich with the Profec like you guys )

Sux having to look at my turbo kit every time I walk into the garage though. Better to be safe then to have issues though...
Old 03-22-2005
Wicked Pissah Admin
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 2K1Civic17"Gabe
Does anybody know if you go through way more coolant on aboosted motor. I dont have a leak, but it seems to be going down a little every day.

This is a bad thing
Old 03-22-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Uh oh the dreaded... dum dum dummmmmm

HG.....
Old 03-23-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
what i was thinking, but its doing ok for now. if it is, ill upgrade to a better/thicker HG
Old 03-23-2005

I dont think its the HG. My car drives like new, there is no smoke coming out the tailpipe, and it takes a while for the coolant to go down. It went down like an inch yesterday though. So I added more, a little above max. I think there is a leak somewhere, so I just need to recheck all the hose connections.

With a blown HG, how driveable would my car be, and wouldnt there be smoke coming out of the exhaust?
Old 03-23-2005
Registered!!

Craziestbob is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes, there would be smoke coming out the back of your car, for sure. ( BTW, for future reference: Blue Smoke = oil. White Smoke (not the moisture from a cold start white smoke) = Coolant. Black Smoke = running rich.) I think I agree with you Gabe.... find the possible leak, and replace the headgasket w/ a better one anyways
Old 03-23-2005

Ive been trying to look for smoke today, havent seen anything. Its sort of hard to look though, cuz its always busy with crappy drivers in AZ. So many people moving here, makes it hard for me to drive all swervy. haha.

I need to retighten everything again. I retightened the turbo manifold, and thats about it. All the piping as well, but none of the hoses. I should go do that before I drive next time. Ill check the level before school, and after school, and see if its all good. Would I see anything from looking at my head, if the gasket is blown. Would there be little pieces that are sort of sticking out or anything? I know there are some parts that stick out, I just mean, is it noticeable?

I will probably get a new headgasket in about a month. I ordered some poly motor mounts, and paid half my clutch today. Ill pay the rest of the clutch after mexico, and get tuned again right after the clutch. Than Ill be running nicely, and more reliably, and Ill order the emanage and HG right after thats done.

Isnt the stock hg like 70 or 80 bucks?? and a ?performance? one be like 150 or so? Im unsure of what the prices are. I think KMS has one. I need to check that out.