Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

TSI turbo kits?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bimmerjim® is an unknown quantity at this point
okay an update. actualy, i should have posted this about a week ago. but i forgot.. sorry...

thru some conversation with the retailer we got a good number to call TSI, i got a guy right away on my first try. i explained to him that the car was not responding to tuning adjustments. the TSI guy was real nice and helpful. turns out that we installed the wireing incorectly. the only directions that come with the kit is a sticker on the back of the fuel block controller box. it shows four brown wires and says somethig to the effect "conect to negitive injector" and thats all it says. turns out only one brown wire is used. one brown wires goes to the black wire on the two injectors, and red is 12V constant. the told me that that is actualy a very common mistake because the instructions dont specify what to do.

now that that is conected corectly, the car is now responding to tuning adjustments. now we just need to find time to get the kinks worked out. i have some pics of the turbo setup, ill get them on my server in the next few days and post them.
Old 01-25-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
you get the t25 or the t28???
Old 01-25-2005
Registered!!

bimmerjim® is an unknown quantity at this point
well, i installed the kit for the customer. he got the kit with the t25.
Old 01-26-2005
Registered!!

ShadyImprtracer is an unknown quantity at this point
I've been really interested in the TSI kit but after reading this im scared off my ***...is there like a 7th gen turbo curse????
Old 01-26-2005
Registered!!

exturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant futureexturbo6 has a brilliant future
huh??? why would there be a curse?
Old 01-26-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
^^Shady, do some research, there are kits like dezods that fit very well, and you could also go custom to get EXACTLY what you need...
Old 01-26-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by TheSmuggler
^^Shady, do some research, there are kits like dezods that fit very well, and you could also go custom to get EXACTLY what you need...
i agree, its not worth the headache.
Old 01-26-2005
A.K.A BlackCar --- Not From Califorina!

KalliGarri is on a distinguished road
so i shouldnt buy the tsi kit? the only thing needed to modify is the turbo manifold as i hear.
And someone that used the intercooler pipings that the tsi kit gave u, could u take pics of how u set it up? cus i hear u have to set up the intercooler piping differently
Old 01-26-2005
Registered!!

i've done my research...its just that i dont wanna fork up an extra few grand for dezods kit. i know its worth it but i cant see myself spending almost 5 g's for a kit. i'm just afraid of ordering a kit and having parts missing, having to do some extra mods to it or having my car in the shop for weeks, or fighting with TSI cuz they sent me the wrong ****...
Old 01-26-2005

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Well if you don't want TSI, adn you don't want dezod, what do you want, custom? LOL
Old 01-26-2005
Registered!!

i dont know wut i want smuggler...maybe i should just get out a huge loan and buy dezods kit )
Old 01-27-2005
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ShadyImprtracer
i dont know wut i want smuggler...maybe i should just get out a huge loan and buy dezods kit )

ok, well if your going to go get a huge loan then F*** it and go find a rsx-s swap. and if its that huge and you want more power then what is giving then turbo the k20.
Old 01-27-2005
Registered!!

i dont want THAT much power dude...thats why i want just a simple bolt on turbo...'the more horsepower the more responsibilty' and i dont trust myself with 300+ hp ill get with the k20 swap and turbo together...besides, i know its easier to take the turbo on and off cuz i live in cali and i have to pass emissions...
Old 01-28-2005
Registered!!

well that sucks to take a turbo kit on and off. if i had to do that here in NJ i wouldnt even bother. i would just go buy a new car and save myself the hassle. and ok, you say you dont want that much power so then just do a swap. just go buy a k20.
Old 01-28-2005

^^OK, lets not argue about this.. lets keep this thread geared towards TSI questions (Just like the other 5 TSI threads...)
Old 01-28-2005
Registered!!

but i want turbo so i can go ksssttt!!
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

^^OK, lets not argue about this.. lets keep this thread geared towards TSI questions (Just like the other 5 TSI threads...)

no doubt.
Old 01-29-2005
Boosted Auto Sedan Project In Progress

02sleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
im might use this kit and guys these problems are whats working on a car is about lifes a garden dig it
Old 01-29-2005
Registered!!

im might use this kit and guys these problems are whats working on a car is about lifes a garden dig it
now thats what im talkin about...go TSI!!!
Old 01-29-2005
Boosted Auto Sedan Project In Progress

02sleeper is an unknown quantity at this point
hell yea
Old 01-30-2005

^^rofl you'll say that now... just like everyone else did.... I cant wait to see the thread you start on how much you hate having the tsi kit installed.... Buuuttt once you get it installed you'll be happy.. youll just have a longer than normal downtime
Old 01-30-2005
A.K.A BlackCar --- Not From Califorina!

KalliGarri is on a distinguished road
Im getting the kit installed by a shop, so i wont have to worry about it
Old 01-30-2005

^^Worried about what, just because a shops doing it ont mean you wont have longer than noraml downtime, their still gonna have to shave stuff and whatnout =*(
Old 01-30-2005
Registered!!

^^Worried about what, just because a shops doing it ont mean you wont have longer than noraml downtime, their still gonna have to shave stuff and whatnout =*(

yeah it took them 3 weeks and 1500 bucks later to make this thing fit and run right. it suck a big one but im am the happiest guy now..
Old 01-30-2005

^^true, like i said your gonna be happy in the end LOL
Old 01-30-2005
Registered!!

^^true, like i said your gonna be happy in the end LOL

tru in the end youll be happy.
Old 02-22-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Hopefully my way will be easier on me. I am going to install as much as I can whenever I get time over the next week and a half. Than I will hopefully just have lines and stuff to run, but Im having a little meet for this.

They say the fitment probs are worked out now as well. So lets see. Ill let ya know what happens, and post for any questions. I try to do a nice install DIY of their kit so people can see exactly what needs modifications, how to do it (if i can or a shop), just basically everything.

Ill start a new thread in a couple weeks whens all is said and done. Either way, the headache wont be bad for me, since shop time is free for me, hehe. as well as parts that are OEM or OEM replacement. not cool stuff though, just to get me running.
Old 02-22-2005
Registered!!

lucky bastard..free shop time.
Old 02-22-2005

Yeah shop times free for me, cuz the shop is my freinds garage! bwahahahha... I'm thinking about buying a dyno lo, they're only 5 grand
Old 02-22-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
only 5, damn. Thats not bad at all. I woulda thought 40 or 50

Quick Reply: TSI turbo kits?