Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

How about this setup?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
How about this setup?

I've dealt with two 7thgens with k20's...one boosted and one all-motor. both have done just about all you can as far as the motor goes but their performance still comes up a little short of what I've seen in other cars.

so how about this setup (availability of parts, price, and level of fabrication needed are not an issue)

k24 + k20 heads + boost + 6 speed short-throw tremek

any takers?

anyone wanna try this all-motor instead of boosted?
Old 10-22-2004
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
If yor paying, and replacing my hood so that it will clear the k24 lets go for it!
Old 10-22-2004
El Pinche Turbo Mexicano

CivicMexicano is an unknown quantity at this point
If you gonna use k20 head would that raise compressiona lot, that setup would be better for N/A wouldnt it???

Also for boost would longer gears be better (5-speed) since youd be probably running through the gears faster, for N/A 6-speed
Old 10-22-2004
Banned

DodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of lightDodgeNeonSRT-4 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by CivicMexicano
If you gonna use k20 head would that raise compressiona lot, that setup would be better for N/A wouldnt it???

Also for boost would longer gears be better (5-speed) since youd be probably running through the gears faster, for N/A 6-speed
the head could be easily modified for either N/A or boost. the only reason I would be using the 20a head on the 24 is because the 20 has the better power for the long run (the k24 has the torque for the quick get-up so the head combo is a compromise I have heard people running)

we could mix the gears in the 6 speed up, I just prefer it for the amount of power this motor would be producing. a 5 speed wouldn't allow for as much top-end in my opinion.

and yes, the hood is getting a blister, lol!
Old 10-22-2004
Registered!!

cosmo is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't get it, are you going to try and sell the set-ups or are you looking for a guinea pig vehicle? If you want something to swap into sign me up .
Old 10-22-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by cosmo
I don't get it, are you going to try and sell the set-ups or are you looking for a guinea pig vehicle? If you want something to swap into sign me up .
it's just an idea I'm tossing around for my vic...

seeing as how the k24 is the largest displacement factory honda motor...(4 cyl)

Old 10-23-2004
Banned

after doing a little more research, I've found two examples of the motor + head combo

one is N/A producing 185hp at the wheels

hasport's is blown producing 275 at the wheels
Old 10-23-2004
Banned

the final compression ratio is 9.6:1 so it should be fairly easy to boost (my neon was stock 9.8 and daily driven at 20 psi)

now I'm compressing 11.1:1 and running 25 psi at the track (daily driven at 19 psi) and the motor is still fine, we'll see how this one holds up

so long as you can supply the fuel and you know ignition, you should be able to compress a billion:1 running a billion psi (up to a certain point where the block goes Kaboom! lol
Old 10-23-2004
Why is my vagina bleeding?

nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DodgeNeonSRT-4
after doing a little more research, I've found two examples of the motor + head combo

one is N/A producing 185hp at the wheels

hasport's is blown producing 275 at the wheels

Should be more than that a stock rsx type S produces sometging like 178 wheel HP. But I'm not sure on that.

Last edited by nindoo; 10-23-2004 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-23-2004
El Pinche Turbo Mexicano

CivicMexicano is an unknown quantity at this point
also there is a diferencen between the Accord k24 and te CRV one, the CRV's has toque lower in the power band, and lower compresion ratio, one is 9.6:1 and the othet is 9.7:1
Old 10-23-2004
Fuzzy Boy

FuzzBeC00L is an unknown quantity at this point
If you have the money great
Old 10-23-2004
Its a celebration bitches!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HondaLuver will become famous soon enough
yup... its a good combo, its goign to fit in my car no matter what... even if i have to go hoodless
Old 10-23-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by CivicMexicano
also there is a diferencen between the Accord k24 and te CRV one, the CRV's has toque lower in the power band, and lower compresion ratio, one is 9.6:1 and the othet is 9.7:1
it would be the one from the crv...sorry I thought I implied that. the k20 heads will help it breathe a little better on the top end (the only criticism of the k24)

no, I don't have the money, lol. but it's what I might advise the girl to do.

her current boosted k20 7thgen is a tad underpowered in both of our opinions
Old 10-23-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by HondaLuver
yup... its a good combo, its goign to fit in my car no matter what... even if i have to go hoodless
haha. I'm sure a hood can be made up. carbon fiber anyone?
Old 10-23-2004
Banned

just a little thought, why don't we go all out with this.

type R inspired...appearance at least...
right hand drive
true dual exhaust (as in split the header flange in two...would require twin turbos lol!)

now that would be a one of a kind show car, lol.

four cylinder twin turbo
Old 10-27-2004
Banned

one of the kids I was talking about (the boosted k20) has decided to put a little more research into this project.

he's found a k24 with 8000 miles on it, apparently from a total wreck. told me he was going to have to put out $8000 for it. sounds a little pricey to me, but for that kind of speed I think I would pay it too.

He's going to use the k20 parts from his current motor and the current t3/t4 turbonetics hybrid he is running. e-manage and e-01 to start...

I'll keep more info posted if he actually goes through with it
Old 10-27-2004
Premium Boosted Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

MadWheel will become famous soon enoughMadWheel will become famous soon enough
For all-motor I say stick with a K20. For boost, the K24 would be sweeet. I have a 2.4L now, and can't wait to boost it!
Old 10-27-2004
Registered!!

someguy is an unknown quantity at this point
i read in a mag one time about this combo. with the k24 block k20a2 head and a hondata was running about 220-240hp(not sure about the 240). that was n/a, dont remember compression ratio or anything like that. also they didnt use a head gasket...just honda bond between block and head...same with oil pan(i think). it was a sweet setup.
Old 10-27-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MadWheel
For all-motor I say stick with a K20. For boost, the K24 would be sweeet.
Def K20 for N/A

I have seen almost 220 WHP off of bolt-ons from the K20

I would still say K20 for boost over the K24. More internals are readily available and the K20 has been proven to be failry reliable under boost as well.
Old 10-27-2004
Banned

2.4L > 2.0L

Old 10-27-2004
BOOSTED HYBRID

icebergslim is an unknown quantity at this point
who sells pistons and rods for the k24?
Old 10-27-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by icebergslim
who sells pistons and rods for the k24?
forged pistons?

what kind of rods? shotpeened or forged?
Old 10-27-2004
Banned

wiseco for forged. custom pistons, rods, and rings. [well, not truly custom...but that is how they are ordered...]

this k24 is going to be a huge overbore and resurfacing if the project is undertaken so I'm afraid not much in this area is going to apply.