Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

someone help, FMU setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004
Once you go Black on Black, You Never Go Back.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
robo1040 will become famous soon enough
someone help, FMU setup

ok so i got the SF fmu today and i bought it used can someone explain to me how the wires are ran, between the pump and relay - thankz
Old 09-18-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute

The power wire runs to the left red screw in your fuse box. The signal wire runs to a 12 volt switched power. I used the green/yellow wire in my cig lighter. Find a good solid ground for the ground wire and the othe wire runs to the inline fuel pump. Also, you will need to ground the pump.

IMO, i would not use that relay, i had one fail on me when i was running 9psi. Me, along with others are successfully running these set-ups without the relay.

What you need to do then is..........run a wire from a 12 volt switch power to the pump and a ground and that is it.
Old 09-18-2004
Skyline R33

guns is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by civic01vtec

The power wire runs to the left red screw in your fuse box. The signal wire runs to a 12 volt switched power. I used the green/yellow wire in my cig lighter. Find a good solid ground for the ground wire and the othe wire runs to the inline fuel pump. Also, you will need to ground the pump.

IMO, i would not use that relay, i had one fail on me when i was running 9psi. Me, along with others are successfully running these set-ups without the relay.

What you need to do then is..........run a wire from a 12 volt switch power to the pump and a ground and that is it.
Did you have a pressure switch before to keep the pump turned off when you were not boosted? I was just wondering what relay you were talking about. I have no relay. Just the power goes to a little black box that turns the pump on at 0psi.
Old 09-18-2004

ok so all i need to do is basically get power to the inline pump, so i can hook the pump directly to an accesory so it comes on with ignition. so what im getting out of it is that is OK to have the pump on the whole time you are driving, cause i dont have a pressure switch. mabey ill just hook it to a switch in the cabin so i can turn it off and on.....basically its only used when the vac turns into pressure, and thats read by that vortech blue thing right? so when it senses boost it makes that fuel pump up the pressure?????
Old 09-18-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by guns
Did you have a pressure switch before to keep the pump turned off when you were not boosted? I was just wondering what relay you were talking about. I have no relay. Just the power goes to a little black box that turns the pump on at 0psi.

the little black box is a relay

and no i didn't have a pressure switch...........where did u get urs at ?
Old 09-19-2004
Skyline R33

guns is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by civic01vtec
the little black box is a relay

and no i didn't have a pressure switch...........where did u get urs at ?
NOS makes a little pressure switch to control Nitrous for boosted cars. For NOS it actuall turns of the nitrous at a certain boost level. For just wire it to turn on the fuel pump at 0psi (mine at -5 vacume for safety). The smae type of switch used to turn on the alch injection. Just set the switch to what ever you feel. I hate it running when I am at a light or just letting the car cool down. I am sure it will reduce the life of the pump if it is always on.
Old 09-23-2004

ok - does the fuel line coming from the firewall go into the end with the inline pump, or does it go on the other end.
Old 09-23-2004
Premium Member

Originally Posted by robo1040
ok - does the fuel line coming from the firewall go into the end with the inline pump, or does it go on the other end.

your SF system should be marked "In " and "Out"

from the firewall to the "In" and from the "Out" to the fuel rail
Old 09-23-2004
Premium Member

btw...i am on my 3rd in-line pump now

This time i installed a toggle switch on it and and 30 amp in-line fuse.