Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Dh-Racing And Issues To Follow

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GuessWho is an unknown quantity at this point
Dh-Racing And Issues To Follow

Ok all I want to hear all about it. Everything that has bothered you and your proposed solution. Please make a list like the following:

Fill your name in and your email so I can contact you personall. In your post please put a brief summary about your issue with us, and what you would like to resolve it. I will contact you by email and do the best I can to resolve it for you. This was I can pull the full beef from this forum and hopefully by the time we are done have everyone happy again. I am not really looking to make a new salespoint on this forum but I just honestly dont believe you can move forward in any part of your life when you have unsettled issues and things that aren't correct behind you. Simple moral of my life.
Old 08-27-2004
Skyline R33

guns is an unknown quantity at this point
If the records of incorporation are filed in DE then the name must not be DH Racing or Dave Hickman Racing. Also you and Dave are not listed as registered officers on any corporations in the Umited States. We would just like to know where our money went or who we are doing buisness with. Because of the lack of communication and the delays on top of delays we started doing a little research and the more we looked the more it looked like a scam and not a legitimate buisness. You have to admit the following looks bad.

1. Dave live in a house that is not in his name but he claims to have bought it early this year.
2. That house is forsale under a diff owner.
3. Your car is still registered in Calif.
4. The only address I could find for you in Nevada was your girlfriends.
5. You claim to have a buisnes licence but there are none listed under Dh racing for you or Dave. The only one I found was the old one listed as terminated.
6. You and Dave are not listed as corprate officers for any buisness in the US, but you now claim to be incorperated in DE.
7. You collected money for a product to be shipped out in 2 weeks and it has been 8 months.
8. You keep saying your father is a high ranking officer in DOD. Which if he was he would be pissed you are using it on the web to avoid an investigation from the Dept of Commerce. The media would love that if he is the Secretary of Defence or what ever you siaid.
9. The only DH racing in Nevada is a motor scooter company.

If you are realy trying to regain respect you need to come clean on these issues. People who have the above going on either are running from creditors, have outstanding collections against them stemming from lawsuites or are doing some form of shady buisness practice.

I realy dont want to keep digging into this, I am kinda afraid of what I will find. Just get me my engine and deliver the quality you claim to have put into it and reconcile with the others and we will all get back to our old way of life before SF and DH came along.
Old 08-27-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be happy if you can find a buyer for my pulley.
Old 08-27-2004
Post Whore General

Jodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the roughJodster is a jewel in the rough
Same here. Most expensive paperweight ever.
Old 08-27-2004
BOOSTED DOHC i-VTEC

stl01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Same here. Pulley and Spacer; Just been sitting in my garage ever since I got it.
Old 08-27-2004
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
pulley spacer here too
Old 08-27-2004
Wicked Pissah Admin

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Havok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant futureHavok2k1 has a brilliant future
RULES FOR THIS THREAD

If you want Josh to help you, post the info he wants. Also, this is for updates. If not, I will delete it. Treat this in the same manner as the Stafford Fabrications thread.

Members: This is not a thread to threaten DH with lawsuits or for spreading personal information.

Josh: I just wanted to remind you that you have already been banned once before. I am glad to see that you are trying to make everything right, so now let's just stick to it and not go off topic....

Thank you everyone for your understanding....
Old 08-27-2004
K20 Member

ImportRacer2123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Josh was telling me last night he is going to talk to Dave about giving me and someone else a FI Manifold. I would like to see this happen. That is all

TitleXJosh (1:31:46 AM): Hey punk
TitleXJosh (1:31:48 AM): This is some bullshit
TitleXJosh (1:31:54 AM): Dude **** has gone wrong
TitleXJosh (1:31:57 AM): We were hella cool
TitleXJosh (1:32:01 AM): Now this
TitleXJosh (1:32:02 AM): **** man
TitleXJosh (1:32:08 AM): I know we ****ed up
TitleXJosh (1:32:13 AM): I wish it didn't come to this
TitleXJosh (1:32:30 AM): I am trying to see if Dave will just get you and the other guy a custom sheet metal for your wait
Old 08-27-2004
Registered!!

If you look at the plates on my Brand New car in front of my house you will see I have nevada plates. I live here, and plan on living here. How can you say we are a scam Dave has been racing and putting products out since 1990. We are as legit as they come and if you watch the track next Friday you will see our street car shooting into the 11's easy. Im am not entitled to give out every bit of info. You are getting your parts. I sent the manifold, and TB to come then you motor and others are on the way too. There is no reason to believe we have run with your money because most people don't have any issue with getting something from us just what they got.

Please make a list like I asked everyone with your request and email me so I know what you want and can discuss it with Dave or find a buyer for the pulley
Old 08-27-2004
Registered!!

I also don't know who is watching this forum. We don't want people to know where we live, Guns I explained if you want to come see you are more then willing but half the time you will notice our cars are not here (To Whoever is taking pics) and that is because we work in the shop we own. 90% of Corporations in this world have DBA's for this very reason, and we utilize our right to keep this confident.
Old 08-27-2004
Registered!!

canadian2k1si is on a distinguished road
Hey there Josh, can you please post some pics of the D17 engines you are working on, and what progress has been made on my custom Intake Manifold? I don't care what the outside of your shop looks like, just show us some progress pics please.

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2004
Registered!!

Crackhead79 is an unknown quantity at this point
OMG I saw that manifold --- I'm sorry but Josh if it is gonna end up like that after waiting 5 months and hearing my wife say the whole time you better get that money back you are getting screwed, I feel that I am. I mean seriously LOOK AT THAT WORK ON THAT MANIFOLD! ...and I was behind you the whole way man. OMG. I just hate hearing from Connie she was right, so I hate to say this but I want all $670 back. Please Contact me personally and I will send back that 74mm TB complete to you. I just cannot believe it...I even shipped that pulley for you pronto but that doesn't bother me, that manifold and waiting so long just kills me. I had high hopes too, I quess I have joined the ranks now here....jeebus.

Stephen Earls
stephenearls@yahoo.com
stephen_earls@hotmail.com

paypal to the hotmail account ---

Last edited by Crackhead79; 08-28-2004 at 01:19 AM.
Old 08-27-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Crackhead79
The wait may be long for my manifold but IMO I am willing to wait for something I know will be worth while and I compltely understandthe hard work and tim that goes into devolping anf further testing items not yet made for our cars,

ummm........didn't u see Riceburner's manifold.

anywayz...........pulleys are papeweights
Old 08-28-2004
Registered!!

Crackhead79 is an unknown quantity at this point
No I didn't bro but I have now and you will see that post above you change real fast...OMG.
Old 08-28-2004
Skyline R33

Originally Posted by GuessWho
90% of Corporations in this world have DBA's for this very reason, and we utilize our right to keep this confident.
Read statement #6. I just think if you are trying to regain respect you should let people know where their money went.

Also why would you post Dave's home address on your sites and for shipping if you guys are worried about people knowing where you sleep at night.

As far as us being even. I still need the following:

1. Bock fully built d17 ex
2. IM/TB with working air idle control that I told you about 6 months ago.
3. LS cams reground since you did not have a supply of D17 cams.
Remeber I also came out of pocket for the head I sent you. That was not the original deal so what is the expected time for the block and what will it take to get the cams for my LS
Old 08-28-2004
Skyline R33

Originally Posted by Crackhead79
OMG I saw that manifold --- I'm sorry but Josh if it is gonna end up like that after waiting 5 months and hearing my wife say the whole time you better get that money back you are getting screwed, I feel that I am. I mean seriously LOOK AT THAT WORK ON THAT MANIFOLD! ...and I was behind you the whole way man. OMG. I just hate hearing from Connie she was right, so I hate to say this but I want all $670 back.

Stephen Earls
stephenearls@yahoo.com
stephen_earls@hotmail.com

paypal to the hotmail account ---
I second that opinion. I dont want to recieve that quality in my parts. If you want us to back off you need to come through with high quality work that we paid for.
Old 08-28-2004
Registered!!

The LS cams are way more expensive then the $350 you paid for your D17 cam. Yes you did come out of pocket for the head, but it was a even trade for the custom manifold upgrade over the stock ported so we are dead even on that. I dont mind if anyone knows where we sleep there is always someone here betwen my girlfriend, and Dave's soon to be wife, so anyone is more than welcome to stop by if they should feel the urge. I am just trying to clear things up with Guns then go from there. After this we don't see much reason to push for the D17's because it is just been bad from the beginning. Things happen we want everything to be cleared up first.
Old 08-28-2004
Registered!!

You have your manifold I have the confirmation so if you would please post pics of it so you will see the difference in quality.
Old 08-28-2004
Skyline R33

The LS cams are way more expensive then the $350 you paid for your D17 cam. Yes you did come out of pocket for the head, but it was a even trade for the custom manifold upgrade over the stock ported so we are dead even on that. I dont mind if anyone knows where we sleep there is always someone here betwen my girlfriend, and Dave's soon to be wife, so anyone is more than welcome to stop by if they should feel the urge. I am just trying to clear things up with Guns then go from there. After this we don't see much reason to push for the D17's because it is just been bad from the beginning. Things happen we want everything to be cleared up first.
The manifold upgrade was paid for: with my flywhell and the upgrade cost of $200. here is a copy of our email making the deal.

"Yes that sounds right. I am running low on funds. I need to ship out the Stock IM/ Dh TB, the core flywheel and the DH clutch. So for $200 you will swap out the ported stock IM for a custom one right and bolt the 74mm TB I bought to it. What about the air idle sensor? Just don't want a lack of communication on this one. Sorry to here about all the BS going on. Just keep me posted and no extreme hurry. I just want it all done right the first time."

and for the cam you replied: "For sure my man. Thanks again for working with us. I really appreciate your patience and cooperation. I will definately try and get you some LS cams worked out for the price you have already paid for your wait. Thanks again I will be in touch"

Dont start the b.s again please. I have waited a long time for this stuff and you have been paid for everything. Also remember the bad clutch and pressure plate you sold me that blew apart on the dyno. I had to pay $300 to have it installed and then 1 month later after breaking it in a nother $300 to install an ACT extreme clutch package. Lets just stick to what was agreed upon and get this done.
Old 08-28-2004
Registered!!

Originally Posted by guns
The manifold upgrade was paid for: with my flywhell and the upgrade cost of $200. here is a copy of our email making the deal.

"Yes that sounds right. I am running low on funds. I need to ship out the Stock IM/ Dh TB, the core flywheel and the DH clutch. So for $200 you will swap out the ported stock IM for a custom one right and bolt the 74mm TB I bought to it. What about the air idle sensor? Just don't want a lack of communication on this one. Sorry to here about all the BS going on. Just keep me posted and no extreme hurry. I just want it all done right the first time."

and for the cam you replied: "For sure my man. Thanks again for working with us. I really appreciate your patience and cooperation. I will definately try and get you some LS cams worked out for the price you have already paid for your wait. Thanks again I will be in touch"

Dont start the b.s again please. I have waited a long time for this stuff and you have been paid for everything. Also remember the bad clutch and pressure plate you sold me that blew apart on the dyno. I had to pay $300 to have it installed and then 1 month later after breaking it in a nother $300 to install an ACT extreme clutch package. Lets just stick to what was agreed upon and get this done.
What was that about the clutch breaking? Was is the DH 6 Puck one? I have one of those to be installed, with an act pressure plate & a DH lightened flywheel. What boost were you running? I plan on using 10-12 before the new engine arrives. Do you think I will have problems with my DH clutch or flywheel (D16 it is I think, 12 lbs.) Should I just get an ACT clutch before trying the DH one, and if so - what one is good for my application (I have a 300 hp goal eventually).

Thanks
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

Run our Clutch Leigh but Guns problem was he needed a better pressure plate. If you run an ACT with our clutch it will hold back 300-350 wheel hp and lots of torque. Dave runs it and he is making 250 all motor power with that clutch and ACT pressure plate.

As for Guns. I will send a D17 Vtec cam out on Monday and have them rush deliver and drop ship it to your address. This will happen quick. Also I shuold have your block out of here this week hopefully. Everything is good, and just so everyone knows.

Guns will have a glass beaded CLEAN block, with forged pistons, custom rods, block guard, and all the bearings. It will be done picture by picture to ensure that we dont have any problems and I will have a legal oversight witness the whole build to ensure that we don't any problems with claims. I trust Guns is a upstanding person who wants nothing but his parts and he will be happy but I am just taking no chances this time.

We just finished one stock ported D17 manifold for Crackhead, and it will be going out Monday. ImportRacer is next, and that should be in a couple days. Then guns, and leigh's motor along with my buddy Josh's serious all motor D17 and then we will be done and out of your hair.
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

Run our Clutch Leigh but Guns problem was he needed a better pressure plate. If you run an ACT with our clutch it will hold back 300-350 wheel hp and lots of torque. Dave runs it and he is making 250 all motor power with that clutch and ACT pressure plate.

As for Guns. I will send a D17 Vtec cam out on Monday and have them rush deliver and drop ship it to your address. This will happen quick. Also I shuold have your block out of here this week hopefully. Everything is good, and just so everyone knows.

Guns will have a glass beaded CLEAN block, with forged pistons, custom rods, block guard, and all the bearings. It will be done picture by picture to ensure that we dont have any problems and I will have a legal oversight witness the whole build to ensure that we don't any problems with claims. I trust Guns is a upstanding person who wants nothing but his parts and he will be happy but I am just taking no chances this time.

We just finished one stock ported D17 manifold for Crackhead, and it will be going out Monday. ImportRacer is next, and that should be in a couple days. Then guns, and leigh's motor along with my buddy Josh's serious all motor D17 and then we will be done and out of your hair.

OK, but will your clutch be a good daily driver, you know stop & go traffic. I don't want to be stalling, peeling, or bumping all the time.

What do you port in a stock ported manifold (the inlet, outlet, or something inside)? Is the custom one much better?
Old 08-29-2004
Registered!!

SwtpntsDEPLOYED is an unknown quantity at this point
I never received my spacer for my pulley

genie1@***.net
Old 08-30-2004
Registered!!

rscivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Well strike out for me on getting any compensation- PMed back and forth with Josh and told him that I have a new car now and don't want parts, would rather have $ back for what I paid for the head- its nothing compared to what I paid for repairs to DAMAGE from the head- told it was not feasible so I guess I am not getting any compensation. Oh and BTW, I was told that they work on VW now (didn't know that did anyone else?) and that I could get parts for my 1.8T- sorry but my car is staying stock for the time being, I am too traumatized from the issues with my Civic to do anything right now........I guess I'm out for getting this issue straightened out with DH, good luck to everyone else, hope you have a good outcome.
Old 08-30-2004
Skyline R33

Originally Posted by rscivic
Well strike out for me on getting any compensation- PMed back and forth with Josh and told him that I have a new car now and don't want parts, would rather have $ back for what I paid for the head- its nothing compared to what I paid for repairs to DAMAGE from the head- told it was not feasible so I guess I am not getting any compensation. Oh and BTW, I was told that they work on VW now (didn't know that did anyone else?) and that I could get parts for my 1.8T- sorry but my car is staying stock for the time being, I am too traumatized from the issues with my Civic to do anything right now........I guess I'm out for getting this issue straightened out with DH, good luck to everyone else, hope you have a good outcome.
Just take the parts and sell them on ebay. Something is better than nothing.
Old 07-17-2009
TEIN MAN

RAZRBLD has a spectacular aura aboutRAZRBLD has a spectacular aura aboutRAZRBLD has a spectacular aura about
Re: Dh-Racing And Issues To Follow

i know this is old... but i thought I would inform you guys DH Racing is back... and he says they never worked on D17's... only built 1 d17 motor...

http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62846&page=2
Old 07-17-2009
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all

thats an f'in crazy thread. people need to know about dh and it's f'ed up history.
Old 07-17-2009
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

ah memories. i guess i should post updates. i never got my money back and a year later ended up throwing the pulley in the trash. it didnt sell on ebay for even $5.
Old 07-17-2009
TEIN MAN

RAZRBLD has a spectacular aura aboutRAZRBLD has a spectacular aura aboutRAZRBLD has a spectacular aura about

your not the only one who threw it in the trash
Old 07-18-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by RAZRBLD
i know this is old... but i thought I would inform you guys DH Racing is back... and he says they never worked on D17's... only built 1 d17 motor...

http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62846&page=2

LOL, old times...well they did build me a D17 motor with custom internals...I never got to use it because it was 2 years in the making! By the time they actually sent it to me I had already moved out of the country & didn't have a job/lifestyle that would enable me to install the motor...I had to sell it for less that 1/3 of the price I paid for it! Didn't hear back from the fella that bought it either.

Quick Reply: Dh-Racing And Issues To Follow