Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Does the e-ram electric supercharger work?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ddogg is an unknown quantity at this point
Does the e-ram electric supercharger work?

i was lookin at this electric supercharger called e-ram and i was thinking of buyin it and putting it on my car until i have the money for a turbo its at www.electricsupercharger.com take a look and let me know if you think it works.
Old 07-24-2004
BOOSTED DOHC i-VTEC

stl01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
don't waste 300 on those junk
Old 07-24-2004
I wish I was asian

cambo has a spectacular aura aboutcambo has a spectacular aura about
do i get to be the first to say...

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

i think i am.
Old 07-24-2004
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
get 4 of them in a series, you'll get 4x the tornado power. get one of those super chips while you're at it.
Old 07-24-2004
Registered!!

Angry

Old 07-24-2004
Registered!!

popNfresh is an unknown quantity at this point
Geez, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Why dont you guys just answer his question and explain your answers rather than throw out useless laughter and sarcasm? I see some people aim for a high post count, but the quality of their posts are questionable. Seems that most of the posts some people have are "haha's" and "lol's" yet nothing useful is contributed to our forums.

Ddogg: Welcome to the forums and excuse some of the untamed monkeys we have around here. You easily find an answer to your question by hitting the search button and typing in "e-ram" or "electric supercharger". But in any case, in the real world these e-ram contraptions prove to be of little use and provide nothing more than a cheap and funny sound. If they were any good, you would see dragsters, track cars, and enthusiasts use them. Do you research on a product, see what the professionals use, and find unaltered evidence of ACCEPTABLE GAINS before spending your hard earned money. Hope this helps. Have fun on the forums!
Old 07-24-2004
Registered!!

dragoon is an unknown quantity at this point
If you haven't noticed, the first untamed monkey has already answered his question, and if he had made any effort to type it into the little search box, this post would not have been necessary at all.

But we're all ashamed of ourselves now. Welcome to the forum.
Old 07-24-2004
I wish I was asian

Originally Posted by popNfresh
Geez, you guys should be ashamed of yourselves. Why dont you guys just answer his question and explain your answers rather than throw out useless laughter and sarcasm? I see some people aim for a high post count, but the quality of their posts are questionable. Seems that most of the posts some people have are "haha's" and "lol's" yet nothing useful is contributed to our forums.

Ddogg: Welcome to the forums and excuse some of the untamed monkeys we have around here. You easily find an answer to your question by hitting the search button and typing in "e-ram" or "electric supercharger". But in any case, in the real world these e-ram contraptions prove to be of little use and provide nothing more than a cheap and funny sound. If they were any good, you would see dragsters, track cars, and enthusiasts use them. Do you research on a product, see what the professionals use, and find unaltered evidence of ACCEPTABLE GAINS before spending your hard earned money. Hope this helps. Have fun on the forums!
I'm glad that you've joined the forums to act, and talk, like you've been here for a while and have answered MANY MANY questions with your great knowledge. However, i would like to point out to you that without such comedy and sarcasm, that our forum would be quite dry and lame. With 15,000+ members, i'm sure that the people on this forum have been doing something right to keep, and attract, more people.

I'd also like to point out that if you understand our post, you'd find that we did answer his question. The bottom line to the sarcasm and laughter is that the product is utterly crap. Also, who cares about post count. Post count may have been fad like JDM in 2002 or 2003; however, no one gives a rat's *** about it in 2004.
Old 07-24-2004
I wish I was asian

Originally Posted by dragoon
If you haven't noticed, the first untamed monkey has already answered his question, and if he had made any effort to type it into the little search box, this post would not have been necessary at all.

But we're all ashamed of ourselves now. Welcome to the forum.
actually, the first 2 untamed monkeys easily answered the question. We just put the nail in the coffin for them.
Old 07-25-2004
Registered!!

Cool

thanks for providing a real answer popnfresh i appreciate it.
Old 07-25-2004
Don't drink and post, you will end up hilarious.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Got Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant futureGot Boost??? has a brilliant future
ok you want actual proof well here you go

Your engine displaces 1.7 liters

1.7 Liters = 1,700 cc

Being a 4 cylinder, 2 pistons fire for every rotation of the crankshaft thus you displace .85 liters each crank rotation.

Now lets throw time into the equation.

You redline at 6700 RPM, which means your crank rotates a full 360 degrees 6,700 times every minute

since you displace .85 liters each reveloution after one minute or 6700 reveloutions you will have displaced 5,695 Liters of air

After some nifty conversions we see that 5,695 Liters = 201 cubic feet.

So we can conclude that at redline your engine consumes 201 cubic feet per minute (cfm).

Now one of the main problems with these electric superchargers is that they don't flow enough air. Your typical electric supercharger found on ebay flows much less than 200 cfm. So they would be nothing more than an obstruction in your intake plumbing.

The e-ram however says that it can flow 1000 cfm, so therotically it wouldn't act as a restriction in your intake system. What they don't disclose is wether this 1000 cfm meansurement is at the advertised 1 psi boost level.

There are a slew of questions that the website does not answer. They could have removed the fan piece and just tested the plastic piping for theyre cfm test. A common straight pipe has the abality to flow a large amount of air assuming its clear of obstructions (a fan piece).

Lets do some more math regarding theyre horsepower claim. A stock civic EX makes 127hp at atmospheric pressure (14.7psi) which means that for every psi flowed this particular engine makes about 8.64 hp for every psi. The website claims that the e-ram makes 1 psi.

127 + 8.64 = 135.64 hp @ 1 psi

But my question is how does it control the flow of air? And why limit it one psi?

at 1 psi the civic should be consuming 214.7 cfm, but if this e-ram is capable making 1000 cfm then why limit it to 214.7??? When technically this e-ram, on a D17 motor could produce upwards of 635 hp?? @ 1000 cfm?? at roughly 73 psi
Old 07-25-2004
Registered!!

Arcan3 is an unknown quantity at this point
say wut? i need 73psi to break 600 horsies on a d17? u sure man?
Old 07-25-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Even if it does work, listen to the sound clip. That thing sounds as loud as a leaf blower, and I'm assuming it's on all the time. Even if it did make power, I wouldn't want all that noise while I'm driving.
Old 07-25-2004
Banned by Admin

Master should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trustedMaster should not be trusted
Originally Posted by popNfresh

Yeah you have the right to tell us what to do mr. no posts
Old 07-25-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
sometimes i like to spank my untamed monkey