Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Dezod Motorsports Turbo Kit! Now Shipping!! VIDS ON 979 & Pics, DYNO on POST 1330

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004
Sometimes, I can see right through myself ...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
shorts ... getting ... tighter ... must ... resist ...
Old 07-06-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by taz757
shorts ... getting ... tighter ... must ... resist ...

I can't resist either. Ok here is the HKS I/C w/ End Tanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100-0003_IMG.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	32303   Click image for larger version

Name:	100-0004_IMG.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	22.8 KB
ID:	32304  
Old 07-06-2004
7thgen Power Maker

dezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to beholddezod is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dezod
Heres some of the other components
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dezod_turbo_kit.JPG
Views:	258
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	32305  
Old 07-06-2004

taz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud oftaz757 has much to be proud of
Were those end tanks built by HKS too? From looking at it, it looks like the inlet is going to be on the passenger side and then the outlet on the drivers side, underneath the intercooler? Is that right? Or will it be reversed? I would think that it'd be the first way, so as to not hurt spool time. But I'm also wondering why you'd wanna go under the IC? A lot of us with dropped rides will probably scrape that all to hell.
Old 07-06-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Were those end tanks built by HKS too? From looking at it, it looks like the inlet is going to be on the passenger side and then the outlet on the drivers side, underneath the intercooler? Is that right? Or will it be reversed? I would think that it'd be the first way, so as to not hurt spool time. But I'm also wondering why you'd wanna go under the IC? A lot of us with dropped rides will probably scrape that all to hell.
Well I haven't mocked it up to see if it will fit over the I/C. The end tanks have to welded on anyway. As far as it scraping, if it works for a Skyline, the concept will work for us. I highly doubt that it will scrape unless you drive with a 3" drop and your front is less than 6 inches from the ground. The I/C is only 5" tall, which allows for more room under or over it for the charge piping. The additional spool time that even if we did decide to run it one way versus the other is less than a fraction of a second. As far as spooling times, again, it is more attributed to size of turbo & motor displacement than charge piping.
Old 07-06-2004

Well I haven't mocked it up to see if it will fit over the I/C. The end tanks have to welded on anyway. As far as it scraping, if it works for a Skyline, the concept will work for us. I highly doubt that it will scrape unless you drive with a 3" drop and your front is less than 6 inches from the ground. The I/C is only 5" tall, which allows for more room under or over it for the charge piping. The additional spool time that even if we did decide to run it one way versus the other is less than a fraction of a second. As far as spooling times, again, it is more attributed to size of turbo & motor displacement than charge piping.
Very nice. I was just a little concerned about the piping under the IC. I can't wait to see the mock up in the coming weeks. Please definately keep us updated.
Old 07-06-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Very nice. I was just a little concerned about the piping under the IC. I can't wait to see the mock up in the coming weeks. Please definately keep us updated.
Will do!
Old 07-06-2004
Banned

SuperFrankie should not be trusted
you just make them for 7thgens? or do you have them for 6thgens also?
Old 07-06-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by SuperFrankie
you just make them for 7thgens? or do you have them for 6thgens also?
Right now only 7thgen. If this venture does well, we will do a 6thgen.
Old 07-06-2004
Registered!!

solo_rider is an unknown quantity at this point
i was woundering what kind of turbo will be used w/ the kit?
Old 07-06-2004
Registered!!

Speedracer32 is an unknown quantity at this point
endtanks should be straight
the HKS Si ran all theirs to the same side, up the driver side but for us it would be the passenger.

Are yougoing to be making a intercooler kit
i dont know if this was answered
dont remember and dont feel like looking
Old 07-06-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
You mention that the piping has been covered, maybe i missed it............. But from the looks of the IC your planning on running both pipes around the right side? And you say the battery will need to be relocated? Doesn't the SF kit run both pipes on the right with no battery relocation? Just curious.............. Im still tossing around the idea of building my own kit or waiting to see what you come up with. My conern isnt with cost ( well with in reason ) but more in quality and if i bought a kit its delivered as promissed. Not saying that you wouldnt build a quality kit or deliver when promissed but well, you know what i mean Id almost rather like to be with out my car for a few months while i pieced a kit together and made everything myself as to pay for one and wait 6 PLUS months to get a partial kit that wouldnt meet my expectations if u know what i mean
Old 07-06-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by solo_rider
i was woundering what kind of turbo will be used w/ the kit?
T3 turbo
Old 07-06-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by Speedracer32
endtanks should be straight
the HKS Si ran all theirs to the same side, up the driver side but for us it would be the passenger.

Are yougoing to be making a intercooler kit
i dont know if this was answered
dont remember and dont feel like looking

Haven't decided yet
Old 07-06-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Oh , and thanx for being more then willing to answer all our pestering questions
Old 07-06-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by tfnaaf
You mention that the piping has been covered, maybe i missed it............. But from the looks of the IC your planning on running both pipes around the right side? And you say the battery will need to be relocated? Doesn't the SF kit run both pipes on the right with no battery relocation? Just curious.............. Im still tossing around the idea of building my own kit or waiting to see what you come up with. My conern isnt with cost ( well with in reason ) but more in quality and if i bought a kit its delivered as promissed. Not saying that you wouldnt build a quality kit or deliver when promissed but well, you know what i mean Id almost rather like to be with out my car for a few months while i pieced a kit together and made everything myself as to pay for one and wait 6 PLUS months to get a partial kit that wouldnt meet my expectations if u know what i mean
Correct, but it seems to be a tight fit, and the intake seems to be poorly located as well. I know what your saying, but just wait the dyno sheets will speak for themselves.
Old 07-06-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

cool, Good luck on the progress and please keep us updated!
Old 07-06-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by tfnaaf
cool, Good luck on the progress and please keep us updated!
Will do!
Old 07-06-2004
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
preorder.. testing.. saving money.. want.. NOW!
Old 07-06-2004
Registered!!

ZdS03Civic is an unknown quantity at this point
Dezod turbo kit + Guardian EI =
Old 07-06-2004
Registered!!

REDchirp should not be trustedREDchirp should not be trusted
WOW... all those high dollar products that are going to be used!!! I love it... but how much are u gonna charge in the end for all of this??? cause it has to be close to 4G's....
Old 07-06-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by REDchirp
WOW... all those high dollar products that are going to be used!!! I love it... but how much are u gonna charge in the end for all of this??? cause it has to be close to 4G's....
Price hasn't been determined.
Old 07-07-2004
Registered!!

Alright I know its called a turbo KIT but what about the ppl who are going to be using the Guardian EI that Cybernations is releasing soon? Is there any way to get everything in the kit minus the fuel related items?
Old 07-07-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Originally Posted by zDs03Civic
Alright I know its called a turbo KIT but what about the ppl who are going to be using the Guardian EI that Cybernations is releasing soon? Is there any way to get everything in the kit minus the fuel related items?

We have been working with Cybernation on this...We will eventually offer it as part of the kit upon success of their beta testing.
Old 07-07-2004
Registered!!

We have been working with Cybernation on this...We will eventually offer it as part of the kit upon success of their beta testing.
It just keeps getting better...
Old 07-07-2004

HyaBoosta will become famous soon enough
dayyyum
Old 07-07-2004
nor cal 7thgens

allmotor can only hope to improve
omg cant wait i was saving for k20a might just get turbo
Old 07-07-2004
Registered!!

czechcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Hmmmm if this all turns out well I might end up going turbo after all.....
Old 07-08-2004
7thgen Power Maker

Well I am glad you guys are all digging this idea, and it's progression. Can't wait to test it in action.
Old 07-08-2004
Cocky guys kick ass!

Cocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura aboutCocky has a spectacular aura about
i can't wait to test it too, if you let me.

Quick Reply: Dezod Motorsports Turbo Kit! Now Shipping!! VIDS ON 979 & Pics, DYNO on POST 1330