Engine Swaps Post information/questions about Engine Swaps here!

Whats happening to SF?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahtasham is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats happening to SF?

Hi, I am just about to place an order with SF (once Catalyst gives me the bank details). But now reading from after most of the people who just recieved their kits, I have to say that I am kinda double minded. I mean people are reporting wrong parts, missing parts, broken parts etc etc. I have been waiting for a long time to get my civic turbod, and now when I finally got the cash all this comes up. My biggest concern is that I am half way across the world. And if I run into any such mistakes from SF, it would be very difficult to sort them out. What should I do?
Old 02-13-2004
Registered!!

Ahtasham is an unknown quantity at this point
Also, does anyone has any updated info on the TD kit?
Old 02-13-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
You should search the forums for the other kits. I took a pic of someone's car with the TD kit at the Chicago meet. If you want I can post it later. But yeah, I was also set on an SF turbo cause it was supposed to be the best. Now I'm leaning more toward getting stuff from DH-racing. At least they have a good name and quality parts.
Old 02-13-2004
Bring Hockey Back!

chrisgushue is an unknown quantity at this point
dh-racing sells the sf turbo kit
Old 02-13-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
I think this came from Next Level in Toronto, Canada...prolly the nicest thing I've ever seen. This guy is a member on the Canada East boards..I'll look for him, he changed his name a while back..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	1484
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	20874  
Old 02-13-2004
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nicedoubledeuce2k2 is just really nice
that is a nice setup there.
Old 02-13-2004
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
I plan on getting other stuff from DH like the ported head. And here's a pic of the Turbo discounters kit from the meet.

Old 02-13-2004
Skyline R33

guns is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Whats happening to SF?

Originally posted by Ahtasham
Hi, I am just about to place an order with SF (once Catalyst gives me the bank details). But now reading from after most of the people who just recieved their kits, I have to say that I am kinda double minded. I mean people are reporting wrong parts, missing parts, broken parts etc etc. I have been waiting for a long time to get my civic turbod, and now when I finally got the cash all this comes up. My biggest concern is that I am half way across the world. And if I run into any such mistakes from SF, it would be very difficult to sort them out. What should I do?
If you do order look at the SF Group buy.

The price is down to $2725. That is almost $400 cheaper.
If you have not ordered yet I would look into it.
Old 02-13-2004

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
Originally posted by Pharoh
I think this came from Next Level in Toronto, Canada...prolly the nicest thing I've ever seen. This guy is a member on the Canada East boards..I'll look for him, he changed his name a while back..
isn't is Redvic
Old 02-13-2004
Bobaganoosh!

Pharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud ofPharoh has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Boosted2k2
isn't is Redvic
ya but he changed his name.
Old 02-14-2004
Registered!!

Civictuner04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by chrisgushue
dh-racing sells the sf turbo kit
No they dont. DH racing is an entirely different company. Stafford fabirications sells the SF turbo, ie the name. Josh from DH racing just knows catalyst who works for SF, or was like one of their first customers.
Old 02-14-2004
Bring Hockey Back!

he told me when i asked him that the kit on his site is sf's and i should just buy it form the group buy, so ugh thanks for coming out
Old 02-14-2004

gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by Civictuner04
No they dont. DH racing is an entirely different company. Stafford fabirications sells the SF turbo, ie the name. Josh from DH racing just knows catalyst who works for SF, or was like one of their first customers.
No, you're wrong. DH-Racing sells the SF kit.
Old 02-15-2004
Registered!!

kileryoyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone know how much redvic's kit was since that is one of the nicest kits I have seen.
Old 02-15-2004
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

jwcardy is on a distinguished road
Stafford Fabrications and Dh-racing are two totally different companies.... Stafford Fabrications makes and sells their own custom turbo kit for our cars......Dh-racing also sells the same kits for our cars that he gets from Stafford Fabrications...... no matter which of the two that you order the kit from, it is going to be an SF kit..... i know because i have an SF kit and i have talked to both companies, and both are doing work for my car
Old 02-15-2004

Originally posted by kileryoyo
Anyone know how much redvic's kit was since that is one of the nicest kits I have seen.
Around $12000CAD
Old 02-15-2004
Registered!!

Civictuner04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by jwcardy
Stafford Fabrications and Dh-racing are two totally different companies.... Stafford Fabrications makes and sells their own custom turbo kit for our cars......Dh-racing also sells the same kits for our cars that he gets from Stafford Fabrications...... no matter which of the two that you order the kit from, it is going to be an SF kit..... i know because i have an SF kit and i have talked to both companies, and both are doing work for my car
Yeah that was what i was trying to say cept i didnt know u could get the SF turbo through DH racing and SF.
Old 02-15-2004
One of few in the 13's

REDVIC is an unknown quantity at this point
Where did you guys scoop up that picture? Yes... I did infact change my name to "Touge_Motors"... Boosted 2K2 is right i did spend about $11 000 in all (Canadian funds BTW). But it's by far on of the most elaborate set-ups on the board! I was able to run 11 psi of boost daily on that set-up which pushed me to a 13.2 ET on street tires. I actually make kits up here in Canada for the 7thgens. They can range from $2500 to $10 000 USD. The thing about my kit is there CUSTOM to your needs and budget unlike SF or other kits out there... If your interested PM me at Touge_Motors and we can go further into detail... Or post on this thread. Thanks!

Jayson Gaignard
-Touge Motorsports
Old 02-15-2004
Registered!!

Catalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really niceCatalyst is just really nice
I said this before, out of the 35 civic kits, there have only been a few that were missing parts and late. We are taking every precaution to make sure everything is in the kit and the kit is safe. I recently purchased some spray in foam to hold EVERY part in place, so nothing is lost, and nothing is scratched.

Listen to what the owners have to say. The people with the kit on their car. Because those are the only people who truely know what happened and what the kit is like.
Old 02-15-2004
98% of people will die in their lifetime

EnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questionedEnProceso should not be questioned
as far as civic kits goes, 90% of the complaints are on the wait for the kit (or parts), the other 10% are mechanical complaints. and out of that 10% some are due to the person's own fault and not the kit itself. if they only had enough man power to finish and ship the kits inless than 2 months they would pretty much have a monopoly on the 7thgen civic turbo kit market.
Old 02-15-2004
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

Originally posted by REDVIC
The thing about my kit is there CUSTOM to your needs and budget unlike SF or other kits out there...

whoaaa, didnt think that that was cool to say that about SF....they are dealing with their mistakes and making everything right with everyone.....
Old 02-15-2004
Registered!!

Touge_Motors is an unknown quantity at this point
Whoa Whoa! I am not dissing Stanford Fabrications... I know that they produce very good kits and alot of their customers are satisfied. All i'm saying is my kits a FULLY CUSTOMIZED to the customers wants/needs and budget... right down to the BOV of their choice...
Old 02-15-2004
SRT-4 owner with 2MCHPSI

oh okay, that is cool...well, SF has many different upgrades and choices also.....how are yours different....and why dont you advertise, or show some setups so that people can see them
Old 02-15-2004
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Civictuner04
Old 02-15-2004
Registered!!

I have no need to advertise... I extremely busy as it is... As far as showing set-ups that i've created, look on page 1. The reason I say fully custom is because it's FULLY CUSTOM. You choose ANY bov I can get it, ANY wastegate I can get it, equal lenght header or log style i can make it, Any engine management I CAN GET IT! You tell me your needs and budget, I make it come true...
Old 02-16-2004
Registered!!

Gecko is a jewel in the roughGecko is a jewel in the roughGecko is a jewel in the rough
^^I never knew anyone did any turbo's for our car in canada.
Thats great!
Old 02-16-2004
Registered!!

My car has been turboed for WELL over a year now...
Old 02-16-2004
BLDNPSI Mod

tfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond reputetfnaaf has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by Touge_Motors
My car has been turboed for WELL over a year now...
Got any pictures ?
Old 02-16-2004

Originally posted by tfnaaf
Got any pictures ?
lol. There's a pic on the first page. The kit in the red car... the one I referred to as REDVIC's.

BTW Redvic/Touge. That's pretty cool to hear about the custom kit thing. There are so many shops that won't deal with working on someone else's budget. Good to see some are.
Old 02-17-2004
Bring Hockey Back!

ya sounds like we have a local helper(local as in no duty across our "free trade" border lol

Quick Reply: Whats happening to SF?