TFNG needs wheel help

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HellSpawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry TFNG needs wheel help

OK, my first post so be nice

Is it normal to have back end woble when you go from stock 01 EX wheels to 205/50 16? I just got some 16*7 Motegi FF7's installed and they look good but when you change lanes fast or take turns the back end feels loose or something now.

I talked with some guy with a sentra on low profiles and he said its normal on lower profile tires to feel this way. Maybe he is right but Im just having a hard time believing that people are willing to drive on something that feels like that just to look good.

I have done searches for this issue but have found very little info so any info you guys can provide would be great.

Thanks
Old 05-28-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
idk, from what i've read, bigger rims affect handling but it also depends on the tire.
Old 05-29-2006
Registered!!

Da1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura aboutDa1lyDr1ver has a spectacular aura about
i think regardless of the fact of how big the rims are, your car shouldn't feel loose when driving. i think you should have it checked out. it could be your car or the rims/tires. perhaps the rim is bent, tire needs to be aligned, or something mechanical?
Old 05-29-2006
Registered!!

HellSpawn is an unknown quantity at this point
I did a web search on the tires (205/50R16 Dunlop Direzza DZ101) and while everyone seems to agree the tires have excellent grip, ride etc.. they seem to be weak in the sidewall area (not as rigid). That would explain why the guys that sold me the setup put 40psi in instead of 30 something like most tires.

I must say that the tires do have great bite, it feels like the car is on rails or something to that effect. Think I will still take your advice and get everything rechecked just to be safe. Thanks